Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 351585 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Playskool Line: Do You Collect...Opinions?
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Sweetness!

Looks like the Han is an ESB version
Yoda!
Clonetrooper, AOTC Obi and Jango...Padme!

Cool stuff, I hope this line makes it (again)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Excellent news.  Love the idea of two packs.  Pick and choose. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2004, 01:24 PM »
I love these sets!!  I can't believe they finally made a Padme.  I will have to get all these sets so I hope they offer them on line because it was hit or miss with this line in the past.
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Still need the Xwing and Millenium Falcon.  I saw them last night at a KB but I'm hoping they drop down in price a little.

The two packs look great.  Definitely picking them up for me the kids I don't have yet. ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2004, 05:59 PM »
They are actually really cool. I have a set of all the figures from the ones that have already came out. I am looking forward to these new ones.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2004, 10:01 PM »
Just so you guys know, you're not allowed to buy anything from this line unless you're buying them for your toddlers.

Thanks.

In other news, I found a pair of Jango Fett footie pajamas at K-Mart today!!!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2004, 11:23 PM »
 :D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Well, sh!t.  Guess I should start making babies then.  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2004, 09:46 AM »
I was really happy to see this news this weekend.  Although we don't have any children yet, I have been picking up the OT-based sets (originally for "future" kids, but I have since opened them up and displayed them).  I really think this line is great, and I'm happy to see it continue.  I really like that they are doing Han in Bespin garb, finally a Leia and Ben, and it looks like the other figures that we've already seen (R2, 3PO) are at least modified so they aren't exactly the same (not sure about Chewie though).

I was going to stick to just the OT sets and figures, but seeing pics of the Yoda/Clone and Obi/Jango sets, it will be tempting to pick those up as well.  Overall, I'm pretty excited to see/hear about this...these are kind of my alternative to Kubricks since I can't afford those as easily...I like the "smallness" of them, and just think its a pretty cool line.  Like I have said before, something about them just reminds me of my vintage toys when I was a kid.  They are simple, fun, and you can just throw all your figures in the back of the Falcon and go play :).  I hope these aren't too tough to find, and the packaging really does look great too I think.  Between these, the animated Clone Wars, and the upcoming OTC-style cards, this sure has been a great year for packaging....and I'm an opener! :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Well, sh!t.  Guess I should start making babies then.  ::)

Well, maybe.  But I have one and the kid does indeed love these, so the target audience is being hit.  And some of Cory's points are correct, they are designed for little hands with no breakable parts (for the most part) and in a very cartoonish fashion.  

So what?

Does this mean I shouldn't buy clone wars cartoon figures too?  After all, the demographic for the cartoon network, depending upon time, is much younger than I am.  

And what about those infrequent surveys that come along from Hasbro?  I certainly don't recall any questions stating since we know you buy these for your kids....  They know what the market is.  The only difficulty finding these things (outside of non-Canadian distribution) is that not many retailers picked them up.  Big whoop.  Everybody seems to be able to find them after a period of time.  Perish the thought little Johnny or Janey can't get them immediately. Welcome to reality.  

Other things bad adults shouldn't buy:  Kubricks - clearly marketed at children - Sesame Street (shame on you Scott :-*); Hot Wheels - meant to be played with and raced, consider the price point, clearly marketed to children; Ty Beanies - oh sure they were cute, but really, an adult sleeping with a bear - absurd; action figures in general - really, adults playing with toys? grow up.  The list goes on and on.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2004, 10:29 AM »
I can sort of see his point, these toys are intended for the really young...but I don't blame anyone w/ kids or w/o for buying them.  I don't think many people collect the Spider-Man and Friends line from Toy Biz

But I  wouldn't mock and redicule something that someone collects.  Where do you draw the line as Brent says, they are all toys, they are all meant for kids.  Originally his arguement was about availability which was the valid part of the complaint.  Leave some for the people who they are meant to be sold to, now that you can find these in every KB in America I have no problem with everyone sharing in on them.  As I keep saying I've been tempted more than once to open up my set, he's still too young to play with them though (and deal with the violence that goes along with the movies as well)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2004, 02:15 PM »
So now that we have some sort of confirmation that this line is continuing, is there anything in particular that you would like to see make it into the line (for yourself or your children's sakes).  I really enjoy this line, although if we ever have children, it will be passed down to them.  In the meantime, I sure like them too.  I don't have any of the prequel sets in this line, so I'll limit this post to OT themed ideas.  I don't know if we'll ever see more ships/beasts/playsets, but since it is a wishlist, I'll include those as well.  I'm also curious how "background" they'll get with figures.  I'd imagine we'll get mostly "main" type characters or variations of them.  That said, I wouldn't mind seeing:

Original Trilogy

Figures 2-pack Ideas (not necessarily in these combos):

Bespin Han Solo/Bespin Leia (guess we're already getting Bespin Han w/ANH Leia, so maybe forget this one)
Bespin Luke Skywalker/Yoda
Bespin Lando Calrissian/Bespin Guard
Boba Fett/Carbonite Han Solo
Bossk/Dengar/4-LOM/Zuckuss (Bounty Hunter Packs)
Tusken Raider/Jawa
Emperor/Royal Guard
Endor Han Solo/Endor Princess Leia
Jedi Luke Skywalker/Gamorrean Guard (or someone else)
Skiff Guard Lando/Leia in Boussh Disguise
Hoth Snowtrooper/Hoth Rebel Soldier
Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper/Biker Scouts, etc. Troop Packs
Rebel Troop Packs (Hoth, Fleet Trooper, Endor, etc.)
Ewok Packs (Logray, Teebo, Chirpa, Paploo, etc.)
Greedo/Hammerhead (or various Cantina Alien packs)
Amanaman/Tessek (or various Jabba's Goons packs)

Beasts-

Jabba (possibly including Bib Fortuna, Salicious Crumb, and/or Gamorrean Guard)
Rancor (w/Jedi Luke Skywalker and/or Gamorrean Guard)
Bantha (w/Tusken Raider)

Vehicles/Playsets-

Tie Fighter (w/Pilot)
Slave I (w/Boba Fett, Carbonite Han)
Sandcrawler (w/Jawas)
Landspeeder (w/Ben, Luke, and/or Droids)
Darth Vader's Tie (w/Vader)
Jabba's Sail Barge (w/Skiff Guards)
Jabba's Palace (w/various Jabba goons)
Carbon Freeze Chamber (w/Ugnaughts and/or Bespin Guards)
AT-AT (probably wishful thinking, but w/driver, Snowtrooper and/or Imperial Officer)
Ewok Catapult or Village type piece (w/Chirpa, Teebo, Logray)
Death Star Playset (this would be the ultimate, and since the figures are so small, it wouldn't have to be ginormous necessarily, could really be nice though)

The list could go on and on, but like I said, I guess I don't know how extensive they will get with characters, etc.  I like the fact that it looks like we're getting a Bespin Han next, so that would cover the Hans through the first two movies basically (aside from Carbonite).  It also looks like we'll have three Lukes too, but I would still like to see Bespin and Jedi versions (particularly Jedi).  I hope they do a Jabba, Boba Fett, OT Yoda, and Lando in this line as well.  I'm just glad to hear it is continuing for now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 02:21 PM by mosnab »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: April 1, 2004, 01:25 AM »
The hypocrisy rages on. . .

Now, those of you that are buying the Playskool line for yourselves are doing so out of a lack of morals, in addition to having defective reasoning skills.

Good day.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2004, 01:28 AM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 1, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Couldn't resist.  I guess this means RS won't delete me for being inactive. ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 1, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Nice!  ;)