Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352111 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Playskool (original) & Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Time to start watching for these at retail too, eh?

No.

Prequels suck.

But thanks for the heads up anyway...   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: September 2, 2004, 11:30 AM »
Just a head's up that the formerly K-mart exclusive C-3PO/Chewie set is now showing up at Walmarts, along with the other 3 sets ($4.77), for almost a buck cheaper than K-mart was pimping it for...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 2, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Oh, I should have pointed this out.  I picked one of those sets up at Walmart in Fargo last weekend for the $4.77 price Matt mentioned.  Sorry, didn't think it was terribly likely I had something most people did not already have. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: September 2, 2004, 03:41 PM »
I've seen the Chewie/3PO pack also, but I skipped that one since I have the Chewie/3PO from the Falcon already. 

This is one line where I won't be buying resculpts if I can avoid it.  New figures, yes, but resulpts?  No...  although I might pick up one or two on the Stormie 2-packs though.  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Picked up Ani/Padme and Jango/Obi-Wan yesterday and nabbed a Yoda/Clone set today over lunch. 

Dang, Yoda is a small figure!  He's scaled great with R2 though.  Padme is also a very slim figure, but looks good with the rest of them. 

Bring on the Bounty Hunters!   8)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2004, 11:10 AM »
GalacticHunter has some images up of the packaged Wave 3 (Bounty Hunters Wave) of Galactic Heroes.  Really looking forward to these sets.  Nothing much new here otherwise on the GH front.  No sign of the AOTC packs, but we don't have a K-Mart, and I think that is where they have been found so far.  I noticed that TRU now has the Falcon playset on the shelves though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2004, 11:54 AM »
Can't wait for those little buggers...shouldn't be long and those are a set I'll be opening for myself :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2004, 07:29 PM »
Tried tracking down some cheaper sets via the TRU "2 for $7" sale this week, but 3 of the 4 TRU's I hit were already sold out, and the 4th TRU only had the Prequel figure sets (a buttload of them, at that)...  Still passing on any non-OT figures/vehicles though.

I'd like these figures a lot more if they were only $3.50 each.  At least that would help explain them to the wife a little better anyway.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Didn't see anyone mention it yet, but I noticed in the latest Insider (#78), the toy section does have pics of the Tusken Raider and Jawa Galactic Heroes.  They look pretty nice.  I'm really diggin' this line, I hope they decide to continue it into the next few years.

Also, checked in at TRU the other day, and they only had 1 AOTC GH pack remaining, the Anakin/Padme one.  I had it in my hand, but at the last second decided against it.  I always said I'd only collect the OT ones from this line, but I was tempted.  If they would have had the Clone/Yoda pack, I wouldn't have hesitated though.  Hopefully they'll get some more in.  I tell you, every place I have seen them, these things sure seem to sell out quickly.  When the ANH sets were hitting awhile back, our local TRU had several of each pack (with the exception of Chewie/3PO), and they were gone in a matter of a day or two.  Seem to be selling well, around here at least.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2004, 01:08 PM »
I've managed to nab them all except that stupid Chewie and Threepio pack... arrgghh!!!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2004, 05:53 PM »
After I picked up the Trilogy on DVD the other day, I hit a nearby TRU and scored:

Yoda/Clone
Ani/Padme
Jango/Obi1
Luke/R2

There was 1 of each.  I'm buying these for my nephew (he's 15 months old) and so far he really digs em.  He'll dig em more as he gets older.  I'm on the lookout for the other sets not listed so if anyone can help me out here in So Cal, LMK. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2004, 09:24 PM »
I've gone nuts for these little buggers this week. I've managed to get them all but Chewie/3PO and Han/Leia. The latter set is everywhere, and I saw a set of the former when I was at Wal-Mart last night, but I had to buy food and didn't have the fundage for them. I went back tonight, and of course it was gone.  >:(

I think I'll skip the Falcon. I do want the OT Playskool toys that came out around AOTC now, though. :o
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2004, 04:15 PM »
I managed to find only the prequel figures during the sale. Now I'm debating whether to go ahead and pre-order a case that has all but Yoda/Clone Trooper, or just wait for the OT sets to re-appear.

I bought a set for my nephews. Seeing the new toys has rekindled some of their interest in the Playskool line. The first thing they tried to do was use the "force push" features of the Jedis. Nuthin'!  ???

C'mon, Hasbro... have some consistency.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2004, 07:15 PM »
Still trying to find the PT figures, which could be tricky since we still have a display full of OT at Walmart.  I think the bounty hunter set will sell well and look forward to the ROTS line ;).
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2004, 08:32 PM »
I've seen the PT ones at both TRU and Target now, so they should be hitting your area soon Beth.  But if not, you know where to find me...   ;)  Same goes to you Dave, with the 3PO set!

Passing on the PT ones myself, but am now on the hunt for the Bounty Hunters, since they're apparently hitting now too.

Love the pic in the new Insider of the Jawa and Tusken Raider figures.  They look great!   8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:33 PM by JediMAC »