Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 354530 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2004, 08:23 PM »
I have been army building the stormies which is one of my addictions. Just wish the clonetroopers were seperate from the yodas so you can do the same.  The Tusken and Jawa will work good to. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2004, 07:18 PM »
I finally saw the GH (electronic) X-Wing today at a TRU.  Forgot to check the price though.  Passed on it for the time being...

Anyone know what, if any, difference there are between this one and the original Playskool X-Wing?  Is it just the electronics?  If so, I'm going to try REALLY hard to permanently pass on this thing.

Still no sitings of the Tatooine waves yet though...

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2004, 08:47 PM »
Found the 3 sets at Walmart today.

The Gam guard is unusually monster-sized, but unlike Vader and Chewie, lacks articulation. Solid one-piece design for  the Tusken raider, too. Lack of a moving body part on the other aliens is tolerable, but on these two, just doesn't seem right, possibly because of the pose.

The initial offering was awesome: simple design, magnetic "force" feature. I hope Hasbro doesn't screw the line by cutting too many corners or moving away from the basic arms-to-the-side signature pose.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2004, 07:21 AM »
I finally saw the GH (electronic) X-Wing today at a TRU.  Forgot to check the price though.  Passed on it for the time being...

Anyone know what, if any, difference there are between this one and the original Playskool X-Wing?  Is it just the electronics?  If so, I'm going to try REALLY hard to permanently pass on this thing.

Still no sitings of the Tatooine waves yet though...

Matt, I heard somewhere that the new X-wing, other than the electronics had the wings fixed in the attack position.  Plus you dont get the Vader figure.  I passed and bought the first issue instead. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2004, 10:56 AM »
I have seen the "electronic" X-Wing at our local TRU as well, but have passed so far.  I have the first release, and really don't have the room for another, although it does look nice.  I do hope this line continues through ROTS and beyond, its a fun little collectible line and not so space/money consuming.  Still on the lookout for the new sets (Gam Guard/Luke, Tusken/Jawa, Lando/Nikto...and the Stormtroopers), but they haven't shown around here yet.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Brian, I have an extra set of Stormtroopers if you need them.  LMK.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2004, 07:31 AM »
ROTS GH final shots

The bad guys look pretty cool, the good guys, less so (not that I don't like them).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #232 on: December 31, 2004, 08:28 AM »
The little guys are very coooool, especially the villians
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 4, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Picked up the Jawa/Tusken and Lando/Nikto today.  No Luke/Gamorrean though.  Only saw one set of each. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 7, 2005, 09:04 AM »
My first Star Wars purchases of 2005 yesterday, found the Jedi Luke/Gam. Guard, Lando Skiff/Skiff Guard, and Tusken/Jawa sets at our local Wal-Mart.  Not a ton of them on the shelf, I think two each of the Tusken/Jawa and Lando/Skiff sets, and 1 of the Luke/Guard one.  Happy to find them.  I don't know how it is in other areas, but since these two packs have started, they have basically sold out in a matter of days anywhere they have been found here.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 7, 2005, 03:01 PM »
I don't know how it is in other areas, but since these two packs have started, they have basically sold out in a matter of days anywhere they have been found here.

Agreed.  While I haven't seen this new wave yet, the previous waves have all been very popular, never lasting more than 2 weeks.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2005, 11:47 AM »
If anyone can help, I need the three sets from the Tatooine wave... Package condition doesn't matter.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Does anyone know for sure, does the Stormtrooper 2 pack ship with the Tatooine wave?  I was just curious, I found that Tat figures last weekend at Wal-Mart, but didn't see any troopers.  I have one from the Falcon set, so don't necessarily need them, but would probably pick them up if I happened upon them at retail just to have some more.  I went back yesterday to check if they still had any sets left for BDW, but they were sold out.  That has been the common theme with these sets here at least, they basically sell out within a day of showing up from what I have seen.

Also, are we on a bit of a break with these until the likely ROTS ones show up?  I couldn't remember that there were any others announced really, and the ROTS ones haven't been either, but we have seen pictures so it seems fairly likely.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I think that's it until ROTS, much like the Preview Wave for 3-3/4"  Should have a month or two of no product to worry about besides this stuff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Thanks Scott, that's what I was thinking.  I'm almost glad in part for the break, a chance to save up for ROTS, as well as hopefully expand the Marvel Legends collection a little :).