Author Topic: Star Wars Weekends Cantina Band Members  (Read 14512 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Weekends Cantina Band Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 12:03 PM »
I shelled out $100 for my set of five.  Am I dissapointed with the set?  Absolutely not.  Am I upset at how much I paid for them?  Absolutely.  I was suprised to find that the bubbles for these are twice as big as a normal TAC fig, but I guess that explains why they ship in a case of ten and I guess that's why I'm a sucker for buying them.  The bases are really cool and they sure look like they connect with each other, but I dare not open them for the price I paid.

ahhhh exclusivity...  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I shelled out $100 for my set of five.  Am I dissapointed with the set?  Absolutely not.  Am I upset at how much I paid for them?  Absolutely.  I was suprised to find that the bubbles for these are twice as big as a normal TAC fig, but I guess that explains why they ship in a case of ten and I guess that's why I'm a sucker for buying them.  The bases are really cool and they sure look like they connect with each other, but I dare not open them for the price I paid.

ahhhh exclusivity...  :-\

The bases not connecting was something I was told by Hasbro at CIV... looking at mine it does indeed look like there's a tab to connect.   It would have been cool if each base was different and "continued" the tune when connected to one of the others.   That'd really be the only reason for me to get them.  As a loose collector, I've already got a 2 sets of the band- the original (yeah.. I picked up 6 of em) and the Cantina Tin.   

As for Excusivity... i'm "almost" to the point of tearing open my Max Rebo Band Kubricks I picked up at CIV..

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Several months later, I'm finally getting around to ordering my case of these.  So does anyone actually have the 1-800 Disney Delivers phone number, or should I go hunting for it?

The bases are really cool and they sure look like they connect with each other, but I dare not open them for the price I paid.

So what was the final word on this from anyone who may have opened their set up?  Did they connect, or not?  Seems we've got several people suggesting both sides to that debate in here...

If anyone by chance has an extra base (opened) that they don't want, I'd gladly buy it off you for $6 (or trade for it).  Holler if you do!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Weekends Cantina Band Members
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Several months later, I'm finally getting around to ordering my case of these.  So does anyone actually have the 1-800 Disney Delivers phone number, or should I go hunting for it?

1(800)362-4533
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Thanks Nick! And order for JediMAC is an order for me as well. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 06:05 PM »
1(800)362-4533

Apparently that's the Disneyland (only) number.  I'll stick the WDW # in here for everyone else's reference: (407) 363-6200.

So I just called that number, and they told me that they don't sell these by the case - AT ALL.  The jerk on the phone said they only sell them individually, and that there's no guarantee on which ones I'll get.  That makes no sense (which I told him) based on everything I've heard from Hasbro and the folks that I thought had ordered these things the same way.  Perhaps if you tell them "Quantity = 10", then someone may ship a sealed case, but the guy told me that wasn't true either.

Has anyone actually ordered a case of these things here?  If so, how'd you make it work?  Maybe I just got a jackass operator who didn't know better, though he says he's sold many of these over the past several months, but NEVER by a case.

Disney ratbastards.  :-X

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 08:03 AM »
They are clueless there dude... We called once and they told us the item was sold out and not getting restockedf.  >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Tip from the Hasbro reps at C4:

These WILL be available through Disney's toll free # for orders, and if you place an order and want a complete set of all five, you should tell them that you want an UNOPENED case of the Cantina figures.  There's two of each of the 5 different figures in each case (you'll need to find a friend in need too if you just want one set). 

Maybe we need to get on Hasbro for the misleading info? Or perhaps this is a good weekly Q&A.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:26 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I saw these for the first time on Sunday at a collector show.  Cool I guess for the carded collectors, but I couldn't see myself getting these.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 05:27 PM »
So what was the final word on this from anyone who may have opened their set up?  Did they connect, or not?  Seems we've got several people suggesting both sides to that debate in here...

Yep, they connect.  Courtesy of Jayson and Yakface:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 08:36 AM »
Man that is so cool. I have one and that is all.... Just for the nostalgia..... I put it with my Cantina Tin Set...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Wow, I like the fact that they curve.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2007, 03:35 AM »
Anyone out there still interested in a set of these to open?  I've got one up for sale in our classifieds if you are...

Here's some nice group shots that Jayson at Yakface took:

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Like the stage the figures are still outdated, would have liked updated figures.