Author Topic: Toys-R-Us Prices Are Getting Out Of Hand  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
Toys-R-Us Prices Are Getting Out Of Hand
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Toys-R-Us has always had higher prices than your usual retail store (ex: Wal-Mart) but they have gotten out-of-hand. I had printed the online coupon for $5 off of a purchase of $25 or more. I needed to get another Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack and a 25th anniversary Snake Eyes figure. I went to checkout, gave the cashier the coupon and it rang up $27.something I asked the cashier to hold the order while I checked the price. Snake Eyes was $5.99 and the five extra dollars on the battle pack I thought was a mistake. They have always been $19.99. When I checked the price it had went up to $24.99! Knowing that at Wal-Mart Snake Eyes was only $4.88 and the Battle Pack was only $19.96. I told TRU to forget it. I paid only $26.something at Wal-Mart. I paid less at Wal-Mart than with a $5 off coupon at Toys-R-Us.

It just gets me that even with a $5 off coupon it was cheaper to go to Wal-Mart.

I am going to go to the email contact section of the Toys-R-Us website and complain about this. I will let them know that they lost business yeterday (even with the coupon). I suggest you guys do the same. If enough people complain and avoid shopping there, they might get the message.

Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Toys-R-Us Prices Are Getting Out Of Hand
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Actually, the BP's at TRUS have been 24.99. Targets are 20.00.  The strange thing about prices is that Target charges 11.99 for the vintage ( which go down to 2.98 when no one buys them at that price) but everyone else charges 9.99 I have never understood why that is the case.

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:42 PM »
Actually, the BP's at TRUS have been 24.99. Targets are 20.00.  The strange thing about prices is that Target charges 11.99 for the vintage ( which go down to 2.98 when no one buys them at that price) but everyone else charges 9.99 I have never understood why that is the case.

The last time I bought a battle pack there, which may have been 2 months ago, the price was $19.99. So $24.99 was a surprise to me. And I feel it's wrong if all other retail outlets offer them for $19.99.
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 01:56 AM »
As far as I knew too, all BP's were $24-$25 at TRU too..  Actually I think there's a number of posts bitching about it somewhere around here, but not sure where.  Maybe in the price increase/decrease thread.  I know around me they've been $25 all year at TRU at least.

Not that it doesn't suck of course...  As a matter of fact, the BP's were $25 last year, because I know the HFG pack was $25 when I bought it actually...  Maybe the $20 ones you got were on sale or something?  TRU doesn't set prices on a store-by-store basis to the best of my knowledge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 08:24 AM »
All store should have the same pricing and I believe BP's have always been $25 - just like the mid-size vehicle assortment.

They can do whatever they want now being that they are privately held!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:13 AM »
I have never seen the BP's for less than $24.99 a TRU unless they were on sale.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 01:36 PM »
The non-exclusive Battlepacks at TRU have always been $19.99 in my area... stuff like the Hunt for Grievous was $24.99, but things like the Tantive IV Battlepack are just $19.99.

:P

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Here in the UK we have to pay the same amount in £'s as you pay in $.

With the exchange rate more or less £1 = $2 you can see why we are called Rip Off Britain!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:10 PM »
The non-exclusive Battlepacks at TRU have always been $19.99 in my area... stuff like the Hunt for Grievous was $24.99, but things like the Tantive IV Battlepack are just $19.99.

I can't remember the last time I bought a BP at TRU, but I'm pretty sure that there is the same situation here - the regular BPs have been at $19.99 with the "exclusive" ones being $24.99 - but that might have changed now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Last time I bought a Battle Pack there was probably in May - I bought 5 Tantive IV Battle Packs because I had a $50.00 gift card, and pretty much saw it as getting them for $10.00 a pop.

:P