Author Topic: NBA Offseason 2007  (Read 24290 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
NBA Offseason 2007
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Figured this didn't really belong under the old one so much, but the draft lottery results are in as follows:

Portland
Seattle
Atlanta
Memphis
Boston :'(
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Charlotte
Chicago (from New York)
Sacramento
Atlanta
Philadelphia
New Orleans
LA Clippers

Much speculation about the Celtics throwing games at the end of the season (so much for Celtic Pride  ::)) So much for bettering your odds.  Obviously Portland gets a lot better really quickly, considering the size of their team plus adding Oden/Durant.  Seattle gets the poor second choice but it will be a nice big man for sure.  Maybe not dominant early on but a solid, solid big guy.  Atlanta with two picks in there is in for some interesting times, so long as they pick well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Offseason 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Seattle is very intriguing.  If they're left with Durant do they resign Rahsard Lewis too? 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:17 AM »
I hear the Lakers are trying to move up into the top 2, and are working on a deal to send Smush Parker to the Northwest for either of those picks.

P.S.  Nice job, as always, Celt's!  :-*  (Len Bias curse still in full effect, I see)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:19 AM »
?? Smushed Parker?? Who Dat? Nobody wants him anyway. The Lakers would do better to buy a championship ring by adding KG anyhow.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Wolves have gotten screwed each and every single year in the lottery so I wasn't holding my breath.  KG to LA rumors keep popping up.  I think there is some smoke there.  I'd want at least Bynum, Parker and Odom though and probably a couple of #1's

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:48 AM »
The best thing for Minnesota is to make a trade with Phoenix.  I think they're offering Marion and 2 1st round picks.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I hear the Lakers are trying to move up into the top 2, and are working on a deal to send Smush Parker to the Northwest for either of those picks.

I realize that most NBA GMs are borderline retarded, but I can't think of anyone who would give up either Oden or Durant for Smush Parker.  Well ... except for maybe Isiah.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:57 PM by Neal »

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 05:18 PM »

I realize that most NBA GMs are borderline retarded, but I can't think of anyone who would give up either Oden or Durant for Smush Parker.  Well ... except for maybe Isiah.

and of course the ridiculously bad Knickerbockers do not even have a 1st round draft pick to trade for Smush.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Kobe wants out.  This should be interesting to see how things develop here, he sounds pretty set on things.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Kobe wants out.  This should be interesting to see how things develop here, he sounds pretty set on things.

it will definitely be interesting to see who all tries to land the most hated man in basketball.  i hope it is not the mavs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Three player trade today between the Rockets and T-Wolves.

Wolves Get:

F Juwan Howard

Rockets Get:

G Mike James
G/F Justin Reed

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:31 PM »

it will definitely be interesting to see who all tries to land the most hated man in basketball. 

Dwyane Wade's on the trading block?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 10:07 PM »

it will definitely be interesting to see who all tries to land the most hated man in basketball. 

Dwyane Wade's on the trading block?

He might be, but that's a better "block" than the one that your favorite player will inevitably end up on this summer.  The cell block .....

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Man, it's only mid-June and I'm already tired of the countless KG trade rumors the local sports talk guys throw at the wall...

KG to the Celtics, KG to Indy, KG for Kobe, KG for Amare...  ::)

The worst part is that I know it's going to drag on and on and on until the Vikings start training camp and distract the talking heads again...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Man, it's only mid-June and I'm already tired of the countless KG trade rumors the local sports talk guys throw at the wall...

KG to the Celtics, KG to Indy, KG for Kobe, KG for Amare...  ::)

The worst part is that I know it's going to drag on and on and on until the Vikings start training camp and distract the talking heads again...

Reminds me of Yankees offseason here in NY from November to March.  When there's nothing else to talk about it's.  "Are ARod and Jeter enemies?  Are they friends?  Are they lovers?!"

Every town has their offseason non-story that goes on for years.  KG will end up like AI eventually though.  It'll probably be sometime this season when the Wolves have a bad first 30-40 games or something.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda