Author Topic: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?  (Read 36662 times)

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
I have five now which should be enough.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Added another tonight...  Then another trip to the same WM (in the same day), and suddenly all the Vintage are gone from that store save for 1 Han...  Very odd.  They sat, then poof they're now gone mostly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I think I am at 12. ( I have been out of town and actually scored one in Jackson, Mississippi on the Trip) I need 1 more to make my officer kitbash/custom.

I'd love more, but space is an issue.  Maybe I'll get rid of some other stuff so I can add another dozen.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
You can get your fill now over at hts.com, Last time I checked they still had over 1200 in stock.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
You can get your fill now over at hts.com, Last time I checked they still had over 1200 in stock.

Nice, I ordered 4 more.  I've got around a dozen or so, and I'll probably pick up one more here, one more there as I see them.

I know this thing's going to end up single carded or in a battle pack eventually, so I'll probably stop around 20 with the VTAC version.

For that reason, plus I'm army building AOTC clones and shocktroopers also at the moment.

I spend a lot of money.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Sadly, our local pegs are clogged with Greedos and Hans, so I don't expect to be finding these for a while yet.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
I still cannot believe that Target is charging $12 for these.   

I never thought I'd see the day where retailers would be charge that much for a 3.75" figure.

I can remember going to Walgreens in the mid eighties with my dad  and getting two figures for $5.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
I still cannot believe that Target is charging $12 for these.   

I never thought I'd see the day where retailers would be charge that much for a 3.75" figure.

I can remember going to Walgreens in the mid eighties with my dad  and getting two figures for $5.

I've been saying that this was going to happen for years now.  Years back when people starting paying double digits for convention exclusives, and Target exclusive garbage purple and black repaints of clone troopers etc., all while banging down the stockroom door to nab them with DCPI's, plus the success of the original VOTC line...add them all together and what do we have?  A slowly normalized $10-15 Star Wars figure.  It told Hasbro that we were willing to pay, or do, just about anything to pick up a figure with a Star Wars logo on the package.

Now after all these years, even I finally have bought my first convention exclusives - McQuarrie droids and Lukes - Hasbro has got us.  They can charge just about whatever they want for it.  Tell me if the price for the McQuarrie droids at the convention was $25 that suddenly people would just draw the line and not buy it.  I doubt it would have affected their sales.

Anyhow, still, the best way to reject Target's price point is to leave the figure on the pegs.  And that's really all you can do.  If $12 VTAC fly off the pegs at Target, other retailers probably won't be far behind.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile

Anyhow, still, the best way to reject Target's price point is to leave the figure on the pegs. 

I have yet to buy a 'vintage' figure from Target and never will.  I cannot justify an extra 20% for no reason.

Heck, the only set I have came from your favorite site (HTS.com) where I paid a smidge over regular retail plus saved the hassle of fighting WM customers, parking and the obvious gas expenditure.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Assuming my HTS.com order went through....I now have 12 on the ground and 10 yet to be deployed from the Brown Delivery AT AT...meaning I need 4 more....I tried to be strong...but I am weak.

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
Please del
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:06 PM by AmanaMatt »
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57 PM »
I'm at 10, and I'm going for 12 total, so my end goal isn't too far off.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2007, 01:01 AM »
I'm at zero still. I didn't have the money when they first showed here (Transformers movie toys came out that weekend), and now they're all gone leaving the other five behind. I suppose I could get one or two at Target, but at $12...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Got 4 more so Im currently at 8. 2 more to go.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2007, 11:02 PM »
God I'm weak. 

I saw 3 more in TRU and bought them all.

Fantastic figure though, it doesn't get much better than this.  If army building this snowtrooper is wrong, I don't want to be right!

EDIT:  Oh, 15.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:03 PM by Dressel Rebel »