Author Topic: How's the post padding over here????  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
How's the post padding over here????
« on: June 9, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Ok so this is my first time here and I decided to register. I have to ask though how are the rules for post padding???? Several longtime summers were alienated by the closing of the Post Count Post threads, and I want to see what it's like over here.

I also see that alot of the people who vocied their opinion about not liking post padders are here, since you all got what you wanted, why are you here now???? What forced you to abandon the 'scum??
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the post padding over here????
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2003, 04:56 PM »
If no one beats me to replying, there really is no post padding allowed here.  There was briefly a word association thread, but it was closed.  I'd say that's a pretty strong message from the outset, n'est pa?

Either way, welcome aboard dear Lady.

adding via edit:  The policy, IMO, is fair, given that it has been thus from the outset, more or less, as opposed to changing rules halfway through.  The mods here (while not implying anything about anywhere else) are open, communicative and up front in their responses.  You will know where you stand and why they suggest that it is so.  
« Last Edit: June 9, 2003, 05:06 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2003, 04:59 PM »
So far, I haven’t seen a lot of post padding, but I’ve only been here a few days.

I haven’t actually managed to give up RS, so I’m really being unfaithful to both boards  ;) .

And welcome to JD, LJ   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2003, 05:20 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender, Lady Jaye.  Glad you decided to check us out!

I have to ask though how are the rules for post padding????

Well, simply put - we generally don't do it here.  JD is more about having some interesting and intelligent conversation about things, be they Star Wars or otherwise.  That said, we're all good friends here, and of course there's some random chit-chat and banter that goes on between folks in various threads, which is perfectly fine.  But we long ago prided ourselves in creating a forum community and environment here that is different than that at other sites, and keeping "post padding" to a minimum was definitely one of our goals, and most, if not all, of our member's have greatly appreciated that.

So check out our boards here, and see if this is what you're interested in LJ.  Feel free to drop any of the staff a line if you've got any questions, comments, or suggestions on anything...
- Matt

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2003, 05:20 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender.com, Lady Jaye. It is very nice to see you here. JediDefender has a strict no post padding rule in effect. We strive to bring all of our readers/members a knowledgeable, tight-knit, clean community where we can discuss any number of various topics without the need for spam. Thank you for taking the time to register and we hope you will enjoy what we have to offer. If you ever need anything, please let a member of our staff know. :)

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2003, 06:21 PM »
Lady Jaye, welcoem to JD.

I'm glad that there is a no post padding rule here.........I never did see the point in post padding.......after all....if you're just posting to build post count numbers then I really don't see the point...and chances are the post won't contain a much thought out response anyways.

I'm REALLY happy with how things are run here......JD is a tight knit group of FRIENDS..........

If this is what you're loking for too then welcome aboard  8)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2003, 09:17 PM »
Hey Lady Jaye! Glad you decided to stop by. Hope you decide to stay. I hear there might be some Joe collectors afoot in these parts.
Post sober.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2003, 09:59 PM »
What forced you to abandon the 'scum??

I was "let go", so to speak. I was on my way out anyway, especially after the quality going downhill, and GNT's superiority complex, plus the newbie influx, politics, religion, and trolls. It became to much to handle.

JD is heaven.. :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2003, 10:25 PM »
to JediDefender Lady Jaye. Glad to have you here.  :)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2003, 10:42 PM »
Welcome to the JD community. A community where mindless drivel, post padding, and flame-retardant pajamas don't exsist. Hell, even the carded and loose folks get along here.;D You are so gonna love it.

Hope to see ya 'round,
Todd  

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2003, 10:45 PM »
Glad to see you here Lady Jaye.Hope you decide to stick around awhile. ;D

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2003, 11:26 PM »
Nice to see ya!Jedidefender is a neat place,stick around.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 12:33 AM »
Welcome!!!  Check out the Austin finds section.  Will we get to see a pic now that your here???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 12:34 AM »
Long time no see Lady Jaye. :)
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2003, 10:21 AM »
Welcome to the club Lady Jaye!  Glad to have your here.   ;D
dustrho