Author Topic: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.  (Read 22325 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:45 AM »
Celebration IV is here and someone on the inside got us some information on the latest Hasbro wares we'll be catching out there in LA...  On Friday.

But for now, we've got details, details, details...  There's a lot going to be shown, and some of it is wildly surprising, some was already rumored, and some may even irritate you (SDCC exclusives anyone?).  Eitehr way, you'll want to check out our list of the NEW product Hasbro's going to be unveiling at Celebration IV on Friday!

Clicky the Button to Read!

So a shadow biker scout?  Ewok army building 2-packs (finally)? 

How badly does it hurt waiting to see all this stuff?  And from what I hear, the quality of 2007 is going to roll right along as it has been...  Articulation, softgoods...  Some re-used parts here and there, but where it seemingly makes sense.

Good times...  Good times.

It gets even better though...  Check out the fairly blurry images we received!

Wednesday Hasbro Sneak Peak!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:02 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:12 AM »

Torture Rack and Smuggler Lando, anyone?  8)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:12 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:15 AM »
Not to mention McQuarrie Rebel Officer (Hoth) and SA 4-LOM...  *sigh*

Lovin' Lando's seemingly poofy sleeves too.  And I hope Han's a good "generic" and articulated Bespin Han too...  But man that's a good specific figure unto itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys. Looks to be an expensive year.   >:(

The exclusive barrage has gotten way out of hand in regards to the McQuarrie product. These are aimed, for the most part, at the older "veteran" collectors, and making these figures show exclusives at 2 to 3 times retail is flat out anal rape.  :-X

Hasbro lost me last year as a carded collector with the HV & GB waves in the Saga line and they're about to one me as a "one of everything" loose collector.  :-\ And as for the vehicles, I am done.

Sorry for the venting and again, thanks for the info and images.

Jayson
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:14 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 08:36 AM »
From what I can make out, the stuff looks awesome.  And this Battle Pack has potential:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55 AM »
It's hard to believe that we are being shown the product for the rest of the year, but pretty much everything looks to be a real winner.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Thanks for the reporting and pics, looking forward to seeing more throughout the weekend.  It looks like things really are continuing to be great this year.  The exclusives are getting a little out of hand, but they do sound pretty cool.  I really hope that Torture Rack Han has a "regular" super-articulated figure out of it as well.  There was mention of alternate parts, so maybe that will make that possible.  It sounds like there is a lot of great stuff on the way this year, can't wait.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Lovin' Lando's seemingly poofy sleeves too.

But I don't wanna be a (space) pirate!

(Nice work in L.A., guys--some rockin' stuff for the second half of the year, to be sure. . .)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Wow, the plethora of stuff being shown is awesome.

I'm just going to post about certain ones I am really looking for ward to or
are new.

Wave 6:
Han Solo (Bespin Torture Rack) with multiple torsos (It's about time! Awesome)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler) This was an easy custom for me, but I imagine I'll still get it. Gotta get the poofy armed Lando!
Rebel General McQuarrie (Hoth Trooper with McQuarie likeness) Very cool. Glad to have another Rebel
commander and I'll probably get a couple of him to use for customs, namely the Yavin war room scene.
McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper-excellnt. I can't recall what the concept one looks like at the moment though

Wave 7:
A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu)-Nice, so Tycho finally gets a figure.
Ewoks 2-pack (NO wokling...that's next year;)) Okay sure. We can use more Ewoks. Was hoping for a wokling but no biggie for now.
McQuarrie Concept Han Solo-Another great in the McLine

Wave 8:
Clone Wars Clone Trooper (muddy deco w/ SOFT GOODS poncho) Is this one from Commander Faie's brigade?
Rebel Vanguard (from Star Wars: Battlefront) - Nice, a little late, but nice.
Pax Bonkik (Rodian Podracer Mechanic) WHO??

Comic Packs
A'sharad Hett & The Dark Woman (Star Wars: Republic) YES!!
Mara jade & Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Heir to the Empire) Ok good for Mara.
Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana (Star Wars: Purge) Excellent, glad to get a Bultar fig.
Baron Fel & X-Wing Pilot (Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron) Cool, glad to finally get Baron Fel

Exclusive Figures
Concept Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda 2-pack (SDCC) Well this bites! Damn...was hoping to get the whole line and the SDCC exclusives are going to make it that much harder.
501st Legion R2-KT (SDCC) ??? Apparently a pink R2 in honor of Katie (r2-KT) the daughter of 501st founder Albin Johnson.
Shadow Scout on Speeder Bike (SDCC) This sounds very interesting. Again though, grrr, exclusive...
Concept General Grievous with shield from the Clone Wars ?? anyone have a pic of what this is supposed to look like?

Vehicles
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring YEAH!!! Hyperspace ring!!!
Y-Wing Fighter (yellow deco with pilot and R5 non-removeble astromech droid) Glad they are reissuing
this. I got one way back when, but I wanted three of them. Hopefully they will be easier to find this go
around.
ARC-170 Starfighter (Clone Wars deco) Cool. I like the concept of this.

Battle Packs
ARC-170 Battle Pack - (Clone Trooper, 2 Pilots, Red/Blue Astromech) Okay, if you need the figs to fill up
your ARCs. I'm covered on the pilots. Might have to get this for the Astormech droid though.
"Wampa Attack" - Wampa, Tauntaun, Luke Hoth I'll pass on this most likely, but it may just sell well. It's
been a few years for either the Tauntaun or Wampa.

C4: Hasbro Galactic Heroes & Unleashed Battle Packs
Several exclusive "cinema scenes," featuring characters from the Mos Eisely cantina, in which two of the packages will fit together to form a complete scene...and one of them includes a light-up base with music! I like the idea of sets being able to fit together. MODULAR to a point. Now if they'd only do that with the 3 3/4 in line.

Figures include all of the members of the Modal Nodes (including Lirin Carn!), blue Snaggetooth, Jabba the
Hutt, Bib Fortuna, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace), and more!  Some nice choices there!

On the Unleashed Battle Packs front, looks for new sets featuring Commander Bacara and his Galactic Marines and Mace Windu's BMF Clone Trooper Battalion! Awesome. I'll get these for sure.

Well that's as brief as I could be, sorry for the long post.

Anyway, lots of good things announced already from
CIV. Heh, much more money being spent. I can here the
cash registers ringing already.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Lovin' Lando's seemingly poofy sleeves too.

But I don't wanna be a (space) pirate!

I was thinking that, too, Matt!

Great work on the reporting, guys! It's nice to see some of the new stuff that is coming out (albeit blurry pics for the moment). One thing I'm happy about is the Gold-Squadron re-release: since I'm not a vehicle collector, I'm glad that there is no new pilot there!

I'll pass on all the exclusives save for the Mcfigures.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 11:29 AM »
The Fel comic pack doesn't include Wedge?

(world ends)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 12:06 PM »
No Fel Comic Pack - Fel is a pack-in with the TIE Interceptor.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:12 PM »

Hasbro confirmed that Fel is in the Comic pack in the Q&A, remember?

We can confirm that Fel *will* come in the 2-pack and that the TIE Interceptor will come with a figure, but it will not be Fel.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 12:39 PM »
In one of the photos you can see the X-Winger.  It's one of the 2-pack photos obviously, but you can't see Fel you just see the XW Pilot.

Right hand side...

I cannot tell if it's generic or Wedge honestly.  Scum I think reported it generic...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:41 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 01:08 PM »

Hasbro confirmed that Fel is in the Comic pack in the Q&A, remember?

We can confirm that Fel *will* come in the 2-pack and that the TIE Interceptor will come with a figure, but it will not be Fel.

Right!  My mistake.  I was looking at the image there and think I saw him next to the Interceptor and got my wires crossed.