Author Topic: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.  (Read 22323 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 01:36 PM »
The Pilot with the Int, I think (and hope) is the OTC TIE Pilot just painted with the 181st's unique markings/colors...  I was assuming that's what that was in the image anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25 PM »
These things look absolutely amazing.  This is the best year yet for SW collecting - collector focused, high quality, lots of articulation, barely any repaints, tons of obscure characters, Hermi Odle, the concept line, highly articulated army builders, and not just clones...

After losing some interest at the end of last year, I'm 100% back on board.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09 PM »
This is probably the best year Hasbro has ever had. It seems to be the year they have gone all out adding huge accessories and pack-ins. Great job!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 03:12 PM »
These things look absolutely amazing.  This is the best year yet for SW collecting - collector focused, high quality, lots of articulation, barely any repaints, tons of obscure characters, Hermi Odle, the concept line, highly articulated army builders, and not just clones...

After losing some interest at the end of last year, I'm 100% back on board.

As one of the guys that complains nearly perpetually about Hasbro, I'll certainly agree with Rob at this point.  All the clones and prequel stuff were driving me away, but from what I've seen so far, they're instilling a pretty strong desire to keep collecting their stuff with me.  Good work.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Lots of good stuff shown so far.  Almost good enough to get me back into the 3-¾" line.  I made my choice and I'm sticking with it, but I'll admit the new stuff looks fantastic.  Hasbro really went all out this year.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, this sure has been (and looks to be) a heck of a year for Star Wars collecting.  I really like the fact that all of the figures in the regular basic line seem to be new, or at least have something new about them.  There hasn't really been any straight repacks, and that is welcome.  We're starting to see more and more well articulated figures, and there has been a lot of long requested stuff that has been made this year (or is on the way).

The only problem for me is, its going to be an expensive year.  My plan was to cut spending significantly this year (my wife would like it to be cut even more significantly), but its been tough with all of this great stuff.  The "other" lines might have to get the axe with all this great Hasbro stuff (well, aside from the 25th Joes anyways).  Its just nice to see the overall quality in the line taken to a higher level.  We've always gotten some good figures each year, with a good mixture of repacks or stinkers, but this year seems to have pretty good quality across the board.  Definitely looking forward to the upcoming waves.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 03:42 PM »
RS has some great quality pics of most of the news stuff

things I like so far .... everything :P

My impression is that this is a year for a loose collector because those toys look more playable than ever ;D

DS

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Baron Fel? ROTJ Spirit Anakin? Ewok 2-Pack? Shadow Biker Scout?

AWESOMENESS HAS REACHED CRITICAL MASS

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 04:09 PM »
RS has some great quality pics of most of the news stuff

things I like so far .... everything :P

My impression is that this is a year for a loose collector because those toys look more playable than ever ;D

DS

Man am I glad to read someone else is thinking like this too. I really don't play with my toys, but dang I'm going to be SO tempted. The hyperspace ring is awesome. I'm not really so miffed that I'll have to get a second Jedi Starfighter, because I'll be able to show it in it's different configuration this way.

Man, there is just too much to talk about. I'm gonna look at some more pics though before I comment even more than I already have.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I'm having trouble absorbing the sheer amount of cool **** I just saw.

For now, I've only absorbed that it's awesome.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 04:19 PM »
I gotta agree with everyone...this is a great year for collecting.  There are so many wonderful figure choices and sculpts.  Just curious...are those Lobot's arms on that super cool Lando Smuggler? And wasn't there supposed to be a McQuarrie Rebel trooper?

Cool, cool stuff.  The only single figure I find less than amazing is Concept Grievous.  He looks like one of the old Micronaut Bug/Aliens with the saw attachment hands!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 04:25 PM »
I gotta agree with everyone...this is a great year for collecting.  There are so many wonderful figure choices and sculpts.  And wasn't there supposed to be a McQuarrie Rebel trooper?

There is, look at the pic at RS main page- he's labeled as a Mcquarrie general though.

DS

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 04:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:27 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Yep, I wish they used focus on his face but it kinda looks great? :-\

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 04:32 PM »
And wasn't there supposed to be a McQuarrie Rebel trooper?

I assume you mean a McQuarrie designed RT?  I thought so too, Mike.  But since there's 12 scheduled McQuarrie coming and we've seen all 12, most likely we misinterpreted and what we assumed was a McQuarrie designed figure is actually the McQuarrie figure himself.
Common sense isn't so common