Author Topic: Convention Exclusives... Hasbro Sucks!  (Read 13445 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic Con Exclusives... Hasbro Sucks!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 02:29 PM »
The Shadow Scout came from the first couple of issues of Dark Horse's Star Wars - Rebellion IIRC.  He's a lone trooper who is present on the forest moon shortly after the Battle of Endor.  He winds up taking B-Wing pilot Ten Nunb captive and kills him.  Sorry for the spoiler, but this happened in the comics somewhere around a year ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I was just listening to this week's Star Wars Action News podcast, and during their Hasbro Q and A one of their questions is about the availability of the San Diego Comic Con exclusives.  According to the answer on there, from Hasbro, all three (McQuarrie Obi/Yoda, R2-KT, and Shadow Scout) will be made available online as well.  I don't know how reliable Hasbro's answers are, or if anyone wants to take chances, but it does sound like these are supposed to be available online.  I hope so.

Edit: If anyone is interested in hearing, the Q and A is around the 36 minute mark in the podcast.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:04 PM by Brian »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 11:25 PM »
It looks like Grievous will be for SWS.com only now.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 01:00 AM »
This is the last I'm going to say and then I suggest we drop it: I drive like a sane person. I stay within the speed limit, don't cut people off and always, ALWAYS use my turn signal. I loathe people who drive like the ones you described especially when my kids are with me. As far as empathy and caring go, I care a lot for my fellow human beings. As an example of my goodwill and charity, I'll have you know just a week or so ago I gave ride to a total stranger. Lady missed her bus, asked if I'd give her a lift to the next stop which I gladly did. Plenty of other people would've said "no". There was a time when I would have as well, but I'm trying to be a better person than I used to be (much like Earl). Now that I'm done patting myself on the back...

Blackwolf, we obviously disagree completely on a great number of things, but I am very glad to hear that you take pride in your driving.  If anything bothers me more than wacky exclusives, it's people who drive like jerks and risk everyone's life in the process.  So I do apologize for accusing you of it. :)

I've kinda taken a little break from Star Wars for a while after getting my order for the Lukes in with HTS and the droids from ToyRocket.  It has definitely mellowed me out (mostly because "I got mine", not because I really feel any differently).  But I feel really bad for all the people who have not yet been able to get the Luke since it disappeared rather quickly (as expected)... I really hope they make this available again for them.  I still think it's pretty pessimistic to assume that legitimate complaints and sensitivity to others feelings = "self pity party", but if we must disagree we must disagree... :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 10:12 AM »
Saw a guy on e-bay pre-selling the ShadowScout for almost $70, plus $20 shipping. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Anyone here actually going to the event?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Yep

How else will I get the GG exclusive :-\. Well, not the first reason I go.

DS

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 03:41 PM »
As long as Obi Wan/Yoda are avaiable online, I'll be in good shape. I would get Grievous to complete a carded set of the concept 12, but he really isnt McQ so I can save some money there. I might do R2-KT just because its charity and its nice but I dont really NEED it. Shadow Scout is cool but I think itll end up being insanely expensive, well just have to see what it ends up selling for. But Obi/Yoda is a definite must-have for me.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 06:10 PM »
More things to order, ugh...  Oh well. :(  Been a pricey year. 

If anyone's nabbing extras at the show, let me know if you have a slot open, otherwise I guess it's to the net I go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 05:05 AM »
I'll pass on the Shadow Scout if he is on the POTF2 Speederbike. Which is very likely known Hasbro. I fell like most here about new figures being exclusives. I don't like it :'(. That Yoda is one I really want, but if it's only going to be at SD con and HTS, they can stick it >:(. I'll never order from HTS again with the crap they pulled with the McLukes. I just hope I can trade for one as I really want Yoda. The others are going to be else where on the net if that is correct which I hope, because that R2-KT is a really nice idea. My boys won't want them, but my girls will. So 3 of them at least for me. The Grievous is a cool figure too. I just hope they are not to hard to get ;).
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I'll pass on the Shadow Scout if he is on the POTF2 Speederbike. Which is very likely known Hasbro.

I asked a Hasbro rep about that at Celebration (since a repainted POTF2 one is in the box.) They don't seem to have any plans to update the mold. :(

At least it doesn't have the "T" bar.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 04:06 PM »
In a Q&A we asked actually, they said the resculpt of the speederbike's a possibility, so I wouldn't give up hope, I just wouldn't ever expect it for a slapped together exclusive like this either... 

You seem to never get the straight answer out of them.  Thank god our guys hounded them about ICMG to get the real answer on that one.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77