Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor  (Read 42168 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I dunno guys, that neck on the AW'er is gonna bug the hell out of me I'm afraid...  Unless the neck's made to telescope ala Antilles' neck?  The pics of the AW'er at C4 showed him with a much more shallow neck... 

If it's like the pic shown there though, I'll be disappointed regardless of how it looks with the helmet on. :(

EDIT:  By the way the images really don't look like a telescoping feature to the neck at all, it's just absurdly long.  I'll be shocked if that isn't how the final figure appears, unfortunately.  The helmet's not THAT elongated either, so I dunno why they'd do that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:21 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Maybe Tycho just suffers from an abnormally long neck in the EU?  It was pointed out on the other site that he actually looks more like Luke than the actual Luke heads this year on some of the TAC figures.  I kind of have to agree. 

Anyway, I am really looking forward to some of the figures in this wave.  Especially the Ewoks for some odd reason.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2007, 02:25 AM »
With Tycho's slowly waning popularity to me, the Ewoks are pretty high on my list, as is the McTrooper...  Love the Ewoks though.  It's high freakin' time there.  Are they the two that hijack the AT-ST with Woobacca the Cookie?  I seem to get that impression looking at them anyway.  Finally a furball with a bow though.  Been a while for that.

Yay Hasbro.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 6, 2007, 12:01 PM »
I'm afraid this wave is going to collect dust.

Airborne Trooper - Ok, it's a clone so this one will move on the usual pace.

McVader - Yeah it's a McQuarrie figure, but in my opinion the least desirable one.

McHan - Best of the wave after the Ewoks.

Spirit Anakin - I might pass on this figure.  It's looking ok, but nothing about it seems that cool to me.  I'd rather them have not used soft goods here.  At least give him a second head of Shaw for the purists out there.  If Concept Fett can have two heads, then so can the Chosen One.  I'm thinking this will be a major pegwarmer.

A-Wing Pilot - He has the neck of a sauropod.  Stupid looking.  I hope it's and easy fix or he looks better with the helmet on.  His shoulders kind of look like they've been dislocated in a crash.  Other than that, nice looking figure.  But these are a couple of glaring problems with him from what I've seen.  Will he sell well?  I tend to think at first he will, but then he'll be another peg warmer.

R2-D2 - Bah!  Why the shiny dome?  I might get one of them after they've been collecting dust for a few months at TRU.  Other than that, no thanks.  This figure should have had all the explosive features of R2 at the bunker when he gets fried.  Pegwarmer written all over it.

Ewoks - AWESOME.  Best of the wave.  Never been the biggest of Ewok fans, but these look fantastic.  And nice to see two for the price of one.  Count me in for a few of these!

Now, what this wave could use is an Imperial of some sort.  How about an SA AT-ST driver added into the mix?

:P
« Last Edit: July 6, 2007, 12:02 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 6, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Alright--

Ewoks--They are looking better and better with every new picture but Im not as excited because Im not a huge Ewok fan. Ill still pick it up...maybe...

Obi-Han Kenolo--This is the best figure of the wave by a thousand miles and the best Mcfigure after the McDroids. It's awesome.

R2-D2--PASS. This may be one of this year's lamest figures and it will definitely keep the pegs nice and toasty.

Spirit Anakin--Unlike the Ewoks, this figure is looking worse and worse with every new picture. I still wish they had stuck with the OTC Spirit Obi-Wan format and given him a Shaw head, the Hayden head with this strange new format is just idiotic.

A-Wing Pilot--Looks ridiculous. Theres really nothing else to say about him.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST WAVE OF THE YEAR. Even the repack wave kicks the crud out of this one. I would actually be just fine if I only picked up Obi-Han, thats how bad this wave is. Two crappy Endor waves two years in a row. How sad.  :(  >:(

I just cant wait for this wave to come and be gone. Similar to my feelings about the Jabba's Palace wave. Get it over with and bring on the EU wave!    8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 09:25 PM »
I saw some pics over at Rebelscum.com.  Just only to confirm, The Anakin Skywalker Jedi Spirit figure is in the form of Hayden Christensen.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I saw some pics over at Rebelscum.com.  Just only to confirm, The Anakin Skywalker Jedi Spirit figure is in the form of Hayden Christensen.

No way. Seriously?
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2007, 11:27 PM »

YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING. Up until this very point, I had no idea. Thank you for enlightening me.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07 PM »
I know you wish I was joking.  However I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not joking.  The new Spirit of Anakin Skywalker action figure is in the form of Hayden Christensen from the 2004 DVD version of Return of the Jedi.

Here is the link:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Next_For_The_30th_Anniversary_Collection_106909.asp

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2007, 10:22 PM »

YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING. Up until this very point, I had no idea. Thank you for enlightening me.
I know you wish I was joking.  However I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not joking.  The new Spirit of Anakin Skywalker action figure is in the form of Hayden Christensen from the 2004 DVD version of Return of the Jedi.

Here is the link:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Next_For_The_30th_Anniversary_Collection_106909.asp

To quote Thomas Jefferson, "Sarcasm doesn't translate well on message boards."

We've known it's the Hayden head for over a month and a half now. What you reported isn't exactly breaking news.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I just cant wait for this wave to come and be gone. Similar to my feelings about the Jabba's Palace wave. Get it over with and bring on the EU wave!    8)
The EU wavecomes out before this wave & so does the ESB wave.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2007, 11:02 PM »

Here is the link:

BWAHAHA

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Whew boy.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49 PM »

Here is the link:

Now are you SURE it is Hayden?  LOL! 

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2007, 05:21 PM »
Wave looked amazing at Celebration Europe.

Can't wait.