Author Topic: Great Job Everyone  (Read 14953 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Great Job Everyone
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Just wanted to say that you guys did a very impressive job with this project.  I ended up watching it for a while yesterday and was shock at how good it look.  So far one of the best things at the con that I saw.   The Group did a great job. 

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Great Job Everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:17 PM »
I mean, it's better than I expected considering how many people were involved in this, and over such distances!  Think about how many roadblocks we had throughout the year (chats and almost-cancellations  :'().  Bravo to the project leaders on a fantastic job!  By the way, I'm pleasantly surprised by how much the cityscape resembles Glassman's concept images!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:56 AM »
We did. We got pretty close considering we had no clue what this thing would look like until we opened it up at C4.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:13 PM »
I got to see the completed project first hand, and CONGRATS to you all who participated because the results were FANTASTIC!  There was nothing else like it at CIV.  The size and the number of custom pieces indicated the massiveness of the project, and it was all pulled together!  Great job to the guys who set it up because the display tables were provided late and some issues with the table skirts existed.  Awesome creativity and I love the little things like the Buck Rogers pieces I almost missed if someone hadn't said something.  It was super!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Great job guys, the display looks fabulous!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:23 AM »
I just got back from the show tonight.  Wow, the UGP looks amazing in person!!  I was honored to be there.   For those that can't make the show, its quite a site.  There was NEVER less than 4 people standing around admiring.  Most of the time, the entire perimeter is completely packed with people!  It has to be one of the most visited exhibit at the whole show.

I've got a gazillion photos.  I'll post a bunch when I get back home next week.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 02:50 AM »
Everyone,

It was GREAT seeing this in all its glory today at Celebration and it was even better getting to meet so many of you in person.  Phurby, Ryan, Brent, Anton, Jedistyle, Mac, DSJ - you guys are my heroes.

I took a bunch of pics which, sadly, are a little dim (they had just started kicking people out and lowering the lights!)

But the entire project was truly amazing and I was delighted to be able to make a teensy contribution to such an incredible undertaking.

Kudos to EVERYONE involved. 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 03:23 AM »
So yinz guys know, there's a gallery of images Ryan sent us hosted in our CIV Image Database. 

Enjoy the photos guys, the project turned out great!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:33 PM »
So yinz guys know, there's a gallery of images Ryan sent us hosted in our CIV Image Database. 

Fantastic! Now if I can get Yak to do the same.... :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 09:27 PM »

Fantastic! Now if I can get Yak to do the same.... :-\

Phruby, I'm sorry but I have a lot going on right now.  We just got home from the hospital this afternoon with the baby that was born on Wednesday night.  I also am without proper software currently to do much - my PC crashed and I just had a new hard drive installed Monday, and don't have the software installed yet that I need.  I'll get to things as soon as I can, but right now I don't have the time or the capability to do much more than I have, which was run a front page feature on Friday at Yak.  Sorry.

:P

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Congrats Chewie!

I've been staying at a friends while my car is in limbo, so I don't have much time, my computer, or even a good connection speed. But As soon as I can, I'll make sure there's a nice gallery up on the UGP site too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 09:40 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Congratulations to you from me and the JediDefender.com guys too CHEWIE.  Seems like that was pretty early or I just have a bad perception of time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 05:01 AM »
I'm glad everything worked out for you guys, and special congrats CHEWIE. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Congratulations Chewie!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Fantastic! Congratulations Chewie on your new Padawan!  :D

I know your busy with the baby. I'm just really mad at the rest of the Yakface staff that is taking pictures and posting at C4. You have nothing to do with it. I just though you could pressure them a little bit. I mean we are hyping them alot during the show. It would have been nice to have some coverage during the show in their official picture area.