Author Topic: Great Job Everyone  (Read 14950 times)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Job Everyone
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 09:51 PM »
I would like ti give props to the spectators. I don't think (to my knowlege) there were any serious problems with any body touching anything. I think they were quite respectfull. In fact I pretented to be a spectator and started rearanging my ship. some people were a bit shocked. It was funny.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03 AM »
Thanks guys, I wish there had been a picture section for the UGP at Yak too.  I can't speak for who was in charge of the pics that were taken or the process since I told everyone up front that I really wouldn't be able to be involved with anything on the UGP past April because of having to get prepared for the baby.  I was starting to get a plan in place for some coverage, but then the baby came two weeks early and I lost all communication - first from my PC crash and then being at the hospital for 5 days.  So my apologies for there not being a special section dedicated to it. 

I'm ok though if anyone wants to point the finger at me, because deep down I feel I did do my best for the project in promoting it several spotlights over the past few months, promoting the Fritzkrieg auction, sending customs, vehicles, etc... I also know that at one time a lot of people were ready to quit the project, and I tried to push for everyone to not give up... I think the end result is a project that got a lot of exposure, and everyone involved had a blast.  At least from what I've been reading, everyone did... I would have done more and been there too if I could have, but just getting to see the pics is a treat.

Anyways, thanks again everyone for a wonderful experience with the UGP.  I only wish that I could have contributed more towards the end.

As for the baby, which is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me, here's a few pics if anyone hasn't seen them yet - KIEFER JUSTIN COOK.  Also, thanks for the nice words about the little one, he's definitely my best custom ever.  Several more pics of him are on page two of the link.

:P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:06 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Chewie, I completely blame Ben for not taking pictures of the project at C4. He should have known about it. Bill should have made sure he knew. It was totally out of your hands.  :-\
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 10:03 AM »
First of all, Chewie, what a charming young Wookling!  Definitely the custom of a lifetime.  But it looks like you had a WHOLE LOT of help from Pam!  :) 

Incidentally, I hope the li'l fellow is/was all right; when you said he was born Wednesday but you only came home from the hospital over the weekend, I was a bit worried for a sec.  It seemed like a longer time than usual, but then what do I know? :)

And yes, absolutely gotta echo everyone's congratulations to the staff of the UGP on a job AMAZINGLY done and on a MOST IMPRESSIVE job bringing this thing from dream to reality.  Seeing this diorama so greatly enjoyed by so many fans many of whom have NO idea at all about our hobby -- that was a real high point of the Celebration for me.  But then meeting & re-meeting so many of you -- more than I've met at previous cons -- that made it all even better:

Ryan
Darth Anton
Quazar
Phruby
DSJ
BrentS
Dark Jedi Ben
JediMAC

To all, big thank-yous, big congratulations, and much love!

... the Findswoman

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:29 AM by findswoman »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 10:23 AM »
So yinz guys know, there's a gallery of images Ryan sent us hosted in our CIV Image Database. 

Enjoy the photos guys, the project turned out great!

Fantastic! Now if I can get Yak to do the same.... :-\

Phruby, I'm sorry but I have a lot going on right now.  We just got home from the hospital this afternoon with the baby that was born on Wednesday night.  I also am without proper software currently to do much - my PC crashed and I just had a new hard drive installed Monday, and don't have the software installed yet that I need.  I'll get to things as soon as I can, but right now I don't have the time or the capability to do much more than I have, which was run a front page feature on Friday at Yak.  Sorry.

Chewie - If it hasn't happend yet.  I can take care of the pictures for Yakface.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Thanks Findswoman.  He's doing well, no worries.  My wife needed to have an emergency casarean delivery, so we needed to stay at the hospital a bit longer than usual.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that he came 2 weeks early or not.  But he is doing great!

Thanks Brent, I would think we can still add some more pics, we'll see what you've got and take it from there! 

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Thanks Findswoman.  He's doing well, no worries.  My wife needed to have an emergency casarean delivery, so we needed to stay at the hospital a bit longer than usual.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that he came 2 weeks early or not.  But he is doing great!

Good, good.  Glad to hear all's all right & that mom and baby are doing well -- two weeks early, that's the very edge of the usual due date margin, isn't it?  I was a C-section baby myself (& about a month early, but I'm told they messed up the calculation anyhow), so young Kiefer is in good company!  :D ;)

Incidentally, as C4 / UGP photos go, I have just posted my own C4 album at Flickr, and invite all and sundry to take a look.

... the Findswoman

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Great pics finds!!!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 1, 2007, 11:09 PM »
So...
What now?

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 2, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Great pics finds!!!

Thanks, Glass!  It was a wonderful weekend and I felt very glad to be part of it in my own small way.  And how are you doing?  Were you able to be at the Con?

Patreek, I guess what's next is... C5, in two years or so!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 2, 2007, 12:44 AM »
I'd like to Thank everyone that participated in this project, watching this from the beginning on the site & seeing the final assembly in person is just awesome. Very impressive display & the crowd of people I saw viewng & even at the draws was sweet. 

It was nice meeting everyone. 

Chewie, congrats on the new addition.  :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: June 2, 2007, 02:03 AM »
So...
What now?

Now we say congrats, tell everyone what a great job they did, and be done with it all. C5 is too far off to determine whether or not we want to try for the UGP v2.0, until we know what city it will be in we can't do anything.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 2, 2007, 10:12 AM »
I don't think I could adequately compliment everyone enough. I can only reiterate how in awe I am of everyone's work and cool it was to meet everyone at Celebration. In addition, it was a unique experience that I don't often go though in that I was on a natural high from the overwhelming enthusiasm from the attendees. It's quite a thing for a mass of people to be excited over something that you were part of creating, and it wouldn't have happened if everyone who contributed, even in the slightest, hadn't participated.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 2, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I heard c5 was going to be in Oshawa just outside of Toronto.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #29 on: June 2, 2007, 12:00 PM »
So...
What now?

Now we say congrats, tell everyone what a great job they did, and be done with it all. C5 is too far off to determine whether or not we want to try for the UGP v2.0, until we know what city it will be in we can't do anything.
Well We could figure out what Scene we are doing, A fan fic or a city or location from ep 5 Ie Cloud city or Hoth echo base.