Author Topic: Great Job Everyone  (Read 14955 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Great Job Everyone
« Reply #30 on: June 2, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Thanks for the congrats everyone! Like I told Paul: I'm a big fan of doing more Judde Lulos. It's a cool world with a cool story, and it hasn't been developed nearly enough - in my humble opinion ;D Plus, it showcases the fan appreciation for EU, which is something great to let LFL & big H know about.

Also, as far as "where do we go from here?" Well, there's been mention of re-starting the smaller projects...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 2, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Everyone did do great on the project ( also thanks everyone for the kind words in the forum threads, the PMs and emails about the little one, baby Kiefer is doing good, but a bit grumpy today  ;D ).

As for a C5 project, I'm up for it.  I do think I need a mental break from it though, but would love to see us try and do another one.  I wish it were in St. Louis someday.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: June 2, 2007, 06:55 PM »
I heard c5 was going to be in Oshawa just outside of Toronto.

I think it is safe to say that is just a rumor, I think the chances of it being held there are slim to none. However if that is the case, there won't be a sequel to our little project at the next Celebration. It will need to be held in a city in which we have a local guy or guys, like Paul and Anthony, who are willing to do exactly what they did. C5 will likely be held in a big U.S. city. The majority of people who go to the Celebrations are from the U.S., they aren't going to make that majority cross a border and have to deal with customs/passports/etc. That will deter too many people from going. That would be a horrible business move on their part. Offhand I can think of only four U.S. cities that would even be options for us.

So...
What now?

Now we say congrats, tell everyone what a great job they did, and be done with it all. C5 is too far off to determine whether or not we want to try for the UGP v2.0, until we know what city it will be in we can't do anything.
Well We could figure out what Scene we are doing, A fan fic or a city or location from ep 5 Ie Cloud city or Hoth echo base.

Based on what I was just saying we still can't even decide what type of locale we want to create. There is no sense in getting everyone's hopes up for something that may or may not happen two years from now. Just starting this last July gave us enough problems with participation dropping off. It isn't going to be a question of whether or no we will be able to get booth space, I think we may have secured permanent booth space based on how this was received at CIV, but it is a question of whether or not the city they choose even works for us.

So now we can take a break from the UGP (PenDragon and the web team excluded ;) ), it has been a very stressful last couple of months for the leadership, we need a break. Pat ourselves on the back and recognize what we were able to pull off. Everyone can focus on their own customs for a while again, I know I'd like to. I wouldn't mind seeing the regular group projects return, and if it isn't too much trouble we coverage at the UGP site could keep some interest going overthere so it doesn't die down. That way if we do get to the UGP v2 we will have had an active site for the previous year or so. If CIV/CIII have any bearing on what is to come, I fully don't expect to hear where it will be held for another year. Mary did say that she liked L.A. a lot and that they really want to have a Celebration every other year.

Good job again guys. Enjoy the time off and hopefully we can do this again soon! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #33 on: June 2, 2007, 08:00 PM »

. Offhand I can think of only four U.S. cities that would even be options for us.

Denver, St. Louis. ummm I dunno, what else. I really hope its Denver ;D

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 2, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Nah   ....

Oshawa!!!!!!

C'mon It's a major international city. Everybody knows where it is. The chicks are hot if you like mullets. Lucas gets his flanel shirts there, and its very central North America!!!!!    No?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: June 2, 2007, 09:42 PM »

. Offhand I can think of only four U.S. cities that would even be options for us.

Denver, St. Louis. ummm I dunno, what else. I really hope its Denver ;D

Denver assuming I've even still here yeah... Two years is too far in the future to determine whether or not that will even be feasible.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 3, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Personally I'm hoping for Knoxville Or New Orleans. ;D ;)

Where I'm actually gonna be able to go. ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 3, 2007, 12:57 PM »
What I would like to do is start up a small one or two figure/ship/dio group project like we use to do at JD, Yak and RS. We will basically choose some character (fan fic, EU or movie) and make the same figure, discuss how to make it, show work in progress pictures, come up with a background story and make the same figure in paralle. Basically this is what we did for UGP but on a very small scale over a month time. We will do lots of these until its time for the big project. We won't start building or discussing the big C5 project until 6 months before C5 is to take place. There is no way to keep people focused for two years. Don't worry about size or booth space. We've got it covered.

Regarding the web site, we have some ideas that we are kicking around. You will see something pretty cool very soon there. I think you are all going to benefit from it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 3, 2007, 11:50 PM »
Small sounds REAL GOOD right now!