Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133507 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37 PM »
You don't have to agree, and based on how well Clones are still selling given that they ship in huge, obscene numbers in the 30th Anniversary Collection (and the Saga Collection, and that Delta Squad set), well, there's definitely interest in them still, despite what a few posts on this thread may say.   

There's a pretty big gap between Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers and dyed black or logo-stamped repaints of things that were never in movies.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2007, 01:44 PM »
......At the same time, theres also been 2-5 GMarines and Airborne troops on the pegs at 4 WM's in my area for a week now; certainly would rarely see a situation like this when clones were in the heyday of their popularity 2-3 years ago.

Additionally tons of DST's and palace guards abound as well- truly troop building looks overrated lately certainly in my area of SOCAL. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2007, 02:07 PM »
At the same time I have my limits as well...  If the set turned out to be nothing but made up clone repaints the rest of the way through, like an orange #33 Commander repaint, etc., etc.

Well, it's not going to be all any one kind of figure from here on out-- so it's not going to be all Clones, and it's not going to be any Clone Commanders.

Who, exactly, is writing the back story to this set and the characters (names, jobs, etc.) involved in it?  I'm curious about that...  Is it Hasbro?  Is Lucasfilm feeding the "story"?  I'm a little perplexed on all that jazz.

To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure.  Lucasfilm always has final say on the names and packaging copy, and they aren't shy about making sure things align with their vision of the characters or events.  They even renamed a few astromechs here and there.   While I don't know specifically who wrote the bio information, I can tell you it wasn't me. :)

I think not super-articulating the clone commadoes has been the worst idea since the "no-neck" Maguilicutty rebel fleet trooper.

Adam, how finished are these sets?  Is there any chance for some last minute retooling?

It's my understanding to meet the ship date, they're pretty much finished-- but the images you're seeing (and that I've seen) aren't final product, which means minor things like necks, holsters, paint, eyebrows, all that stuff could end up looking slightly different on the final product.   Given the costs needed to make a new tool for new legs, that's something that isn't really doable at this stage.  (I'd prefer to have knees too, but such is life.)

Could some of these Mando's be coming from the Clone Wars cartoon coming out?  We've seen very little, and it being more then a 5 minute cartoon there's probably a lot of ground to cover for the cartoon to delve into.  Somebody after all has to keep training the newbies on Kamino.  Alpha on the poster has the "eye" markings on his helmet much like the #41 clones that are coming with the set.  I plan on buying the set regardless, just hoping Hasbro/EE aren't pulling these characters out of there  :-X

If any of these figures appear on the TV show, well, I'm not privy to that-- I've seen and know as much about the show as anybody else.

You'll recognize a few of the figures from existing projects you may have seen.  If you read the novels, you might recognize Omega Squad (well, from the text, I guess.)    If you read the Star Wars Insider, you may recognize Rav Bralor's armor as looking a lot like [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mandalorians:_People_and_Culture]a picture from one of their Mandalorian articles[/url], and there are going to be a couple of things in the set like that.  And a couple, like Llats Ward and the white Clones, that are more or less new.

There's a pretty big gap between Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers and dyed black or logo-stamped repaints of things that were never in movies.

*shrugs* There's also a pretty big gap between Galactic Marines and the Kashyyyk Trooper and what appeared in the movies, too.  I still wish I could've got a few more of the bugger, though.

Also, black repaints are kinda popular with collectors-- at least in Japanese toys-- and these ones have the benefit from having appeared in a few EU sources so far.   But if you're not a fan of the EU, I don't blame you for not thinking much of a black repaint.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2007, 03:13 PM »
My son today put in a request for a set, to which I put in a request for his money ;). So now I'm ordering 2 of these; thanks Adam :P

DS

EDIT: to clarify...I'll be getting 2 boxes per 'set' shipped to me Adam? UGH- shipping..I suppose I could do a store pick up for them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:15 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Speaking of money, maybe Adam could petition EE to offer a 'friends of AP' discount?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Speaking of money, maybe Adam could petition EE to offer a 'friends of AP' discount?

Then have it revoked after we place our orders  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2007, 04:17 PM »

I did-- it's $66.99 per set.  :P

(Hey, it's our cheapest exclusive on a per-figure cost yet.  We made it cheaper so we could offer a bit of a discount to everybody, but I should note we do have a $10 off coupon code on some of our catalogs if you have one of those around your home.  I think it's off an $85+ order, so if you're ordering two sets anyway it's almost like free shipping.)

to clarify...I'll be getting 2 boxes per 'set' shipped to me Adam? UGH- shipping..I suppose I could do a store pick up for them.

Our shipping costs are based on prices, not weight/volume/number of boxes.  If you order $140 worth of comics, $140 worth of statues, or $140 worth of toys, your shipping charges will always be the same.  In your case, if you do Super Saver Shipping for $134 worth of exclusive figures, you're looking at $15.95.   (And if you do a will call pickup, it's $0.)

If you order two "sets", you'll get 4 boxes with 7 figures per box.   I believe Omega, Rav, and Llats are in one box (with 4 other figures) while the two white Clones (and 5 more figures you haven't seen yet) are in the other.
--AP

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2007, 04:28 PM »
2 out of 5 for me. A Shadow Republic Commando? The Shadow concept has been played out, IMO, so this one will be tossed in the "Sell" pile with the SA Clones.
No, not a Shadow Commando. Some commandos had black armor, there's a whole book series about that squad.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2007, 04:46 PM »

I did-- it's $66.99 per set.  :P

It is a fair price...depending on who's in the set.   8)

but I should note we do have a $10 off coupon code on some of our catalogs if you have one of those around your home. 

Does EE even mail these out anymore?  I haven't received a catalog in quite a while.  Do they only arrive with orders?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:46 PM by ruiner »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Does EE even mail these out anymore?  I haven't received a catalog in quite a while.  Do they only arrive with orders?

We certainly do.   We send out about 4 a year-- our last one was delivered to our client list on or about June 6.   If you haven't ordered from us in a while, it's entirely possible you may not be on our list.  If you have ordered from us in like the last year or two and didn't get one (and want them), do let us know-- that's the sort of thing we really want to hear about so we can fix it assuming, of course, you want it to be fixed.
--AP

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2007, 09:10 PM »
to clarify...I'll be getting 2 boxes per 'set' shipped to me Adam? UGH- shipping..I suppose I could do a store pick up for them.

Our shipping costs are based on prices, not weight/volume/number of boxes.  If you order $140 worth of comics, $140 worth of statues, or $140 worth of toys, your shipping charges will always be the same.  In your case, if you do Super Saver Shipping for $134 worth of exclusive figures, you're looking at $15.95.   (And if you do a will call pickup, it's $0.)

If you order two "sets", you'll get 4 boxes with 7 figures per box.   I believe Omega, Rav, and Llats are in one box (with 4 other figures) while the two white Clones (and 5 more figures you haven't seen yet) are in the other.

Thanks Adam,
Sounds like if I go to your wherehouse and get them AND bring the coupon from my quarterly catalogue I get minus $10 in shipping!!!! ;) :)

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11 AM »
I broke down and ordered mine. It looks like it's going to be a cool set over all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2007, 07:06 PM »

Thanks Adam,
Sounds like if I go to your wherehouse and get them AND bring the coupon from my quarterly catalogue I get minus $10 in shipping!!!! ;) :)

DS

That's a big NOT!! I just got off the phone with EE customer service. I was told by them that $10 SPRING CATALOGUE IS NOT ALLOWED for this 'mystery pack'. The spring catalogue coupon HAS EXPIRED so that now only the free SPAWN action figure applies with over 80$ spent and free STIKFAS mouse pad as part of the summer catalogue deal. <great I sooo needed a spawn toy and stikfas mousepad ::)>. Of course I asked for Adam to confirm since I got different info from him here..but alas, he was gone for the day.

Not only that but I also turned up a important note that EE claimed these to ship Oct/Nov. Since EE claims there WHSE is moving to Texas by then. That'd be one helluva drive to Texas from SOCAL for a willcall pickup :P!

(but I should note we do have a $10 off coupon code on some of our catalogs if you have one of those around your home.  I think it's off an $85+ order, so if you're ordering two sets anyway it's almost like free shipping.)

10$ off coupon = EE cs says NOPE

(And if you do a will call pickup, it's $0.)

EE says their WHSE is moving this summer, so no, that's no longer a feasible option either ::)

I guess I get a free figure for the dog to eat and a mousepad :P

TheDS
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 07:08 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2007, 07:57 PM »
I'll take the spawn figure. Great fodder. :P

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2007, 01:31 AM »
I personally want to thank Adam for bringing these packs to fruition :)
They add so much to expanding the 'world' of star wars.
More clones, more astromechs, more mandalorians...
to me its all bonus
I just would like to see more OT concepts coming in the future :) :-