Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133520 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Probably a Jango and whiny Boba thrown in for fun.

But could that mean that this is the place where they will put that rumored SA Jango Fett?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2007, 12:36 PM »
So is EE not going to reveal the identities of the other figures? I'm not purchasing something that I have no clue to what it's going to contain.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2007, 12:46 PM »
They will at SDCC.

I have a feeling that the Mandalorian that we've seen is the only new tool in the set.  I think we'll get fourteen new figures; one new tool and the rest being new repaints / kitbashes. 

With that said, you won't see a new SA Jango in this set, SW_Monkey.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2007, 01:10 PM »
So is EE not going to reveal the identities of the other figures? I'm not purchasing something that I have no clue to what it's going to contain.

I thought that I read if you've pre-ordered an item from EE, you are able to cancel the order if you're unhappy with the final product once it's revealed...  I'll try to find that reference.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2007, 01:28 PM »
I thought that I read if you've pre-ordered an item from EE, you are able to cancel the order if you're unhappy with the final product once it's revealed...  I'll try to find that reference.

I'd keep going but well, it is being marketed as a bit of a mystery set.  (And don't forget EE lets you cancel any pre-order with no penalty if you order it on Tuesday and decide after the announcement that you don't much care for it.  Risk-free, yay.)   That's good enough for now, I think, so there ya go!

Found it.  I'm still glad that I ordered this set.  If you look back through what Adam did report, he said that there will be a lot of accessories (guns, holsters, backpacks) and a lot of parts to 'inspire new creations'.  If it were one Mando and 13 clones, I don't see that being possible.  Also, he said that 'the characters in this set, by and large, look quite different from one another with a couple of exceptions'.  I'm going to bet that there will be numerous clones (I'd bet two to three per pack) and multiple Mandolorians.  I'm still holding out hope for the SA Jango, Kal Skirata, and null-ARC Ordo.  I guess we'll find out next month.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2007, 02:02 PM »
We'll see.

Mark this page and we'll check back to see who was right (or the closest).

;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Sounds good. I have nothing to wager though, sorry...  Spending WAY too much money on figures these days  ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04 AM »
I'm not too worried about holding off on pre-ordering these. EE never sells out right away (knock on wood.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2007, 02:51 PM »

We/Hasbro will reveal all 14 at Comic-Con 2007.   The set is currently up for pre-order, and you can cancel at any time-- that way if for some reason it gets close to selling out and you think you might be interested, at least you're in line for it.   But hey, July's just a few weeks away, and at least one more figure will probably be revealed before the show.  I think people will be very happy with these.

I have a feeling that the Mandalorian that we've seen is the only new tool in the set.

Thankfully you would be wrong there. :)  Llats Ward is a partially new tool, but there is new tooling involved.   There will also be at least one (maybe more, I ain't gonna say) completely new tool in the set.   I'm very happy to say that this set is not a big box of repaints with just one new figure.

I'm not too worried about holding off on pre-ordering these. EE never sells out right away (knock on wood.)

The first two shipments (or the first one and like 95% of #2 if memory serves) of our Clone Trooper packs did pre-sell out in 2005, they weren't "in stock" for quite some time.   Kids love the Clones.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I preordered this set.  ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2007, 08:57 AM »

Thankfully you would be wrong there. :)  Llats Ward is a partially new tool, but there is new tooling involved.   There will also be at least one (maybe more, I ain't gonna say) completely new tool in the set.   I'm very happy to say that this set is not a big box of repaints with just one new figure.

For the record, I did say we'd get fourteen new figures - a combination of kitbashes and repaints.  I was just basing my prediction on Hasbro's past record of exclusives with EE.com. 

With that said, I'm still looking forward to the set.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2007, 06:59 PM »

I had heard that EE might be leaking out the identity of a few more figures leading up to Comic Con.  Of course they're holding off on revealing the entire set before then, but they're definitely trying to build interest.  But the rumblings I heard about the set at C4 seemed to indicate that the figures in the set might not be all Mandalorians.

I haven't ordered my own set just yet.  I'd like to see more of the set before I do.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2007, 09:27 PM »
I had heard that EE might be leaking out the identity of a few more figures leading up to Comic Con. 

Really, where did you hear that?  :P

July's just a few weeks away, and at least one more figure will probably be revealed before the show

;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 12:07 AM »
I had heard that EE might be leaking out the identity of a few more figures leading up to Comic Con. 

Really, where did you hear that?  :P

Someone with a crewcut told me that somewhere in SoCal, IIRC. ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Hey, EE has a new image up for the Mando 14 pack. It's 2 clones decoed in Mando symbols.