Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133529 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2007, 09:59 PM »

::)

There had better be something other than yet more Phase II Clones included for me to consider ordering this pack.

After the Death Star Briefing, I had rather high hopes for this set. However, now, I am dubious. What do the clones have to do with any of it anyway? The Mandos and the Republican Military weren't exactely buddy-buddy.

Well, they're the only "phase II"/ROTS clones in these sets.   I think the next reveal will probably blow you away.   ("Probably" being key as well, different figures appeal to different fans.  I think this is an appealing one.)

Regarding Mandalorians/Llats Ward and the clones, please read this entry at Wookieepedia for the backstory of why a Mandalorian might be training Clones.  (Assuming you haven't seen it yet.)   Also, this page at Entertainment Earth has a big picture and a smidge more back story.   Some people take jobs they don't necessarily want to do, and it seems on some level, Mandalorian Llats Ward training Clones could be one of those jobs, from a certain point of view.

Fair enough. I've not really been keeping up with the contemporary Expanded Universe, so there you have it.

Thanks to DSM for the reply, also.  :)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2007, 10:50 PM »
And now it is a 12 pack to me....oh well, somebody will want the clones I'm sure...

At this point it is still a good bargain per figure...if we get more clones/arcs/battle droids..it could just be $67 Mandolorian with removable helmet.

But it is still a great set. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:13 AM by Paul »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2007, 08:22 AM »
This reveal does nothing for me...

I hope this is not the start of a trend... I really would hate to see it go down hill... We don't need clones... we need a true Mandelorian Army...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2007, 09:06 AM »
The reveal has done something for me. I guess I'm a sucked for clones. For some reason, I'm more excited over clone repaints that I've never seen before than new characters that I've never seen before.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2007, 09:08 AM »
I dont mind the clone, i will restate that i wish it was just one of them. I dont want a bunch of the same figures in the set.

As for true EU characters, i gave up on that hope when they announced Jodo Kast would not be included in the set. I still think its going to be cool for the most part, and i already preordered mine. I just hope we get more mandalorians than clones.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I don't mind the clones, but am in the camp with wishing there was just one of these.  I hope they aren't doubling up on any of the remaining 11 figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2007, 12:14 AM »
For what it's worth, in the new Clone Wars cartoon the ARC Trooper Alpha has similar markings on his helmet.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2007, 09:27 AM »
For what it's worth, in the new Clone Wars cartoon the ARC Trooper Alpha has similar markings on his helmet.

That's good for one or two of those in the pack I hope.

I mean really, how many new sculpts do you think we'll actually get?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2007, 11:53 AM »
That first figure looked okay - but with this latest revelation it sure looks like this 14 pack is going to be a big fat unnecessary waste of everyone's time.

Clones with Mandalorian stamps on them?

LAME.

Completist or not, I'm quickly losing interest in this one.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2007, 12:28 PM »
I don't mind the clones, but am in the camp with wishing there was just one of these.  I hope they aren't doubling up on any of the remaining 11 figs.

I don't mind if they double up...as long as they double up on Removable helmet, super articulated Mandos...

Clones? Nope
Commandos? Nope
ARC's? Nope
Robot Army? Oh Hell No....

Still a decent set...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Well, it is called a Mandalorian 14 pack, so makes sense that the clones have something to do with Mandalrians.  If it was mostly clones, you'd think they'd call it Clone Training 14 pack.  Its hard to judge the set based on 3 figs at this point, but I'm still eager to see it.  At least they didn't price gouge us on it - $70 for 14 figures isn't a bad deal even if you don't like a few of the figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2007, 10:02 PM »
A new figure is added. A FEMALE Mando named Rav Bralor.

Dressed in red armor, Rav Bralor is a sharpened battle instrument, attacking with surgical precision and stunning efficiency. Jango handpicks her to assist in the training of the clone commandos, where she hammers their independent natures into razor-edged power. With 14 points of articulation, a removable helmet, and the best in weapons, she's ready for any challenge!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:04 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Now that is just cool. It's so rare to get female star wars characters that aren't Leia and Padme, but a female Mandalorian? The level of awesomeness here is unparalleled. I'll probably have to pick this set up for sure if they keep revealing sweet figures like this.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:22 PM by Greedo, The Green Menace »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2007, 10:34 PM »
The Mando chick is awesome- I wish we could see what's under her brain bucket.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2007, 10:36 PM »
   Damn, she looks pretty cool, as does the male Mandalorian. The capes are very cool, but I think they'd get in the way in a fight. I am very disappointed by the apparent lack of holsters on Bralor. Despite the hatred towards the two clone troopers in this set, I think they are pretty interesting figures and I hope that a squad of Bralor's commandos are included, perhaps with articulated knees and ankles.
   I think these figures can make really good heroes or villains to fight with or against any of the main characters from the movies if you ignore the established clone training backstories, which are kind of boring. I really want to place a preorder for this set, but I still want to see at least two more figures first.