Author Topic: 30AC General Grievous' Starfighter  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
30AC General Grievous' Starfighter
« on: March 4, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Does anyone happen to have Grievous' Starfighter, and could they give me a measurement on the ship's length if possible?  I'd appreciate it a lot.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:46 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Does anyone happen to have Grievous' Starfighter, and could they give me a measurement on the ship's length if possible?  I'd appreciate it a lot.

With the little wing thing at the back in "flight position" (down), it's 13 inches from the tail to the tip of the pod on the sides.  It's approximately 8 inches wide at its widest point, and is about 3.5 inches off the ground at its highest point with landing gear fully extended.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:46 AM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions of Grievous' starfighter?  I've seen it at retail a couple of times, but I've kind of been on the fence with it, so I've passed so far.  Is it worth picking up?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions of Grievous' starfighter?  I've seen it at retail a couple of times, but I've kind of been on the fence with it, so I've passed so far.  Is it worth picking up?

Totally worth it!

Excellent price. Reasonable scale. Sculpt is awesome. Some play features with it. It makes for a good starfighter design to go with any other prequel ships you may have.

I highly recommend getting it.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I agree...it's a great vehicle.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I haven't picked it up yet, not very interested in it. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC General Grievous\\
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 06:58 PM »

I absolutely love it.  The landing gear is a little tricky-- at first it seems like bad, saggy landing gear, but the truth is that the legs have to be pulled out until they essentially click into place.  It's not so much a bad design as it is bad execution, as it almost feels like you need to employ Excessive ForceTM to make it work properly.  Oh, and it has this folding down fin thing on the back that really doesn't add anything to it.

The seating area is perfect-- you can remove part of the console to fit larger figures.  I had no problem getting in the few Obi-Wans and Grievouseses that I tried.  The pull-out firing cannons were pretty neat, although I just leave them hidden, and the deco is great.  It feels good for what you pay for it ($25ish) and I can say that unlike some vehicles, I'm not sorry I own it.

That said, it doesn't do much.  You have some landing gear, seating for one, and some pull-out firing cannons.  It doesn't do anything a Jedi Starfighter doesn't do, the mean reason to pick it up is if you think it looks cool.

As far as new ship molds since 2007...
Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator < AT-AP < Grievous Starfighter < V-Wing

If you're the kind of person inclined to like vehicles, oh yeah, get this.  If you're not a vehicle fan, this isn't going to convert you.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News