Author Topic: What Sucked at Celebration IV?  (Read 6669 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
What Sucked at Celebration IV?
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:42 PM »
All the exclusives being exclusives, Pharl McQ, Wave 4 Luke, Rebel Vanguard not looking like hes gonna have a bigass gun from the game, and possibly Darth Malak and Pre-Cyborg Grievous. Have you seen anything that bugs you yet?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:46 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Disappointments?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:13 PM »
The exclusives being good/cool figures. :-X
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:16 PM »
I was thinking of starting a "What sucked" thread...  This'll do. 

Something that is really meh to me is... 

Spirit of Anakin Skywalker.  Part of me says it's kinda cool, but the other part of me says that softgoods for a see-through figure are a bad idea.  I love softgoods otherwise, just not on a figure like this one.

Otherwise I was pretty happy with everything or it wasn't anything I cared much about in the first place.  Would've liked to have seen a nice Rebel Army Builder unveiled...  Hoth, Endor, or Fleet, but I guess the best you'll get is that Rebel "vanguard" which is pretty much "eh".  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:23 PM »
I am in the disappointed with Spirit Anakin camp as well. It would be nice to have continuity between the Spirit Anakin and the OTC Spirit Ben. Also, I'd like to see a Sebastion Shaw head packed along with the Hayden likeness head to help appease the OT purists out there.

Also, the Concept Grievous. Why? How about make an accurate one first, then do the concept.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 04:26 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 04:47 PM »
...Because Hasbro knows people buy Grievous things like they do Fetts.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 05:29 PM »
I dunon that GG is that popular...  But I didn't mind the concept Grievous particularly.

Now if they had made a $20 concept Jabba...  NOw that I would've bought with some excitement. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 05:55 PM »
I really like the Spirit Anakin.

I think it was JJ who mentioned Rebels. The reason Pharl sucked for me is this, I thought his body would be SA and a perfect oppurtunity for customizers to have some SA Hoth Rebels for the time being, but instead theyre putting a very cool McQ likeness on the Bren Derlin crap body. That was a 'big disappointment', which btw isnt the name of this thread anymore. I like JJ's idea better, so the new thread name is 'What Sucked.'  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: What Sucked?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 07:58 PM »
To me the biggest disappointment (huge surprise) is the fact that they decided to skip a perfect and logical opportunity to do Wedge in the Fel pack.  I really don't get why they chose Hobbie - of course I'm glad they're doing him - but it's the anniversary, and we need a new and improved Wedge.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Keep in mind these are my opinions....

Anything PT sucked.  It is a waste of resources.  Which leads to....Spirit Anakin, make it the old guy.

Rebel Vanguard continued the streak of Rebel Army Builders Sucking.

Using the Dutch Vander mold for anything other than a door stop..sucks.  So now Biggs, Dutch, Wedge and Hobbie are all GIANTS...not to mention probably the Y Wing Pilot in the TRU Exclusive.

The Soft Cap they TRIED to give Tycho...sucks.  It honestly looks like he is wearing underwear on his head.

The fact that Comic Pack Luke that comes with the Red Headed Girl can't bend his Elbows....again Suck.  Would have made a great Luke, now it's an average Luke.

Comic Packs from anything non-OT related (I will accept EU based on OT..except for that EU GL calls the PT, from what I can tell it is not based on the OT at all)

NOT getting to go to CIV sucked too, maybe that is why I am so pissy.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 09:46 PM »

Anything PT sucked.  It is a waste of resources.  Which leads to....Spirit Anakin, make it the old guy.

:-*

Ok, maybe not quite that bad, but I'm the camp that wants the Shaw head instead.  Packing in both is a good idea.  I'm pretty close to ditching a lot of my PT stuff though, Clone Wars excluded.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 12:41 PM »
NOT getting to go to CIV sucked...

Ditto.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 04:57 PM »
I dunon that GG is that popular...  But I didn't mind the concept Grievous particularly.

Now if they had made a $20 concept Jabba...  NOw that I would've bought with some excitement. :)
Grievous never warmed...in my area atleast.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What Sucked at Celebration IV?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 05:53 PM »
I can't imagine your area was the only one that didn't have a GG figure in some form or another on the pegs pretty routinely Artoo...  I dunno how many stores you check though either.  Everywhere I went in 2005 he was around, and he repacks from '06 weren't difficult to come across around here either...  I think he's a liked character, no doubt, but I wouldn't liken him to Fett in the slightest in terms of popularity...  Closer to Maul, though even Maul had a lot more hype around him by comparison.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 06:32 PM »
I liked the vast majority of what I saw.  There is one thing though that I'm going to have a real hard time convincing myself to buy.  I don't know what his story is - but this guy looks retarded.  Outside of the lightsaber there's nothing about him that says Star Wars to me.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:40 PM by Rob »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 07:33 PM »
  Outside of the lightsaber there's nothing about him that says Star Wars to me.

And the Stand.....  And he comes with a Female Jedi Bounty Hunter Kotor Cyborg....In the new Gi Joe line, replace Jedi with Ninja....

But he can fight the Samurai Jedi from the Unleashed series, if they ever the glithces out of the game.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:34 PM by Paul »