Author Topic: Packages that are shipped thread  (Read 24094 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Packages that are shipped thread
« Reply #30 on: June 4, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Rate...quote...engine? Website? What's that?  ???
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Just wondering - how did everyone's stuff that they received come back?  Was any of it damaged?  Unfortunately just about everything I've received back (except figures) has come back damaged.  Some of it I don't know if it can be repaired or not.

The Junk Yard had 3 pieces broken off it, but I can glue them back on pretty easily, so no worries there.

This custom landspeeder was made for me by Owen, and the back seat was smashed.  I don't know how to even fix it because it's from epoxy.  Anyone have suggestions on it?  If not I guess I'll shoot Owen and email and ask him.

The custom tank had a lot of pieces broken off too -

I'm pretty sure I can get them back on though without too much trouble, so no worries there.

But what sucks is that the custom binary loadlifter that I sent for Coeli came back very badly damaged.  I don't know how to fix it and even one broken off piece is missing (front toe) -

I'll talk to him about it and get it back to him.  I guess the lesson is, don't mail something that isn't yours for the project because I feel horrible about this.  Though I'm sure it's nobody's fault, these things are bound to happen.

Also, I didn't receive back the custom Flash Speeder from TPM that I made - anyone get it with thier packages by mistake?

:P

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #33 on: June 4, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Rate...quote...engine? Website? What's that?  ???

Oh, I think he just means things like the rate calculator on USPS.com where you enter the weight, zip code, etc. of the thing you're going to send, and it tells you how much it will cost.  Other shippers' sites will probably have similar things -- links will probably be on their main page.

Chewie, so sorry to see that so much of your wonderful scenery came back damaged!  :( My things fortunately came back okay, but then I just had figures rather than scenery.  Best of luck with the fixing -- hope it works out.

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 5, 2007, 04:00 AM »
Yeah, I guess it's just something that's bound to happen... I was able to get the Imperial Tank repaired tonight, I just need to do some touch ups on repainting it.  Also the seating area on the speeder, I did get it repaired as well but I need to repaint it.

As for the binary load lifter, I see in that pic that the toe thing was already chipped off when Phruby received it, so I'll let Coeli know that.  I don't guess the toe piece was in the package that I sent?

Also, holy crap - it just hit me that I didn't get back the large gun tower yet that Owen made.  I guess you didn't ship that yet Phruby?  Hope there wasn't any confusion on which tower I wanted back -

Paul, I'm thinking I'll probably want most of the stuff back that I sent you, quite a bit of it is stuff from my personal collection, and a couple cool pieces that I paid a pretty penny for.

I don't need this tower back though -

Or any of the wall section I sent you.

Would like sent back to me the following items that I sent -

- Turbo Laser Tower (made by Owen D)
- Junk Yard (you know what this is)
- 5 Vehicles (two were from Coeli that he sent me)
- 60 Figures (right around 60 including the junk droids)

Hopefully it all comes back in one piece.   ;)

Also no rush in getting my stuff sent back, I'm going to be pretty busy for a while!

Here's the Turbo Laser Tower that I am referring to -

Also here's the pic of the Flash Speeder that I haven't received back as of yet too (lower right hand corner) -

It does look like I got back all the figures that I sent, but no extras that anyone else made in case someone is missing any of their figures.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 5, 2007, 01:32 PM »
I still have five boxes that I have not shipped yet. I believe they are for Ryan, Fritz, Chewie and Brent.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 5, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Please understand that we had able two hours to pack everything up. The !@#$% security was almost instantly yelling at us to get out as soon as the convention goes were kicked out. There was no way we could get back in the next day for more tear down. We had to hurry to get it packed and loaded in the car as fast as possible so some special requests for sending pieces to different people might not have been included. We didn't have time to bubble wrap each and every figure and ship so nothing would get damaged. We packed as well as we could with the time given.

Lets just say setup and take down where not done under the most idea of circumstances. Can you say "treated like crap" the entire time by convention center employees?

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 5, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I still have five boxes that I have not shipped yet. I believe they are for Ryan, Fritz, Chewie and Brent.

I still haven't heard from you on shipping mine.

E>

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 5, 2007, 07:50 PM »
That sucks about them putting you through such a rush to pack everything back up.  Hopefully if we do another of these we'll have a little more lead time to get things packed up, and maybe even start a bit early if need be.  But that's not something you could have foreseen, everything about this project was a learning experience for us all.

And I hope I didn't come across as making anything look like it was your fault Phruby.  God knows you have had a ton of work to do on this project, the last thing I want to do is try and find criticism with how you handled things - you did a fantastic job.

Also on the Turbo Laser Tower, if you want to hold onto it for a few weeks please feel free to - I'm in a bit of a pinch for money right now.  But if you do get it sent out this week I can probably find the money to pay you - if the other boxes are any indication, it will cost at least $25.00 to ship it.  If the flash speeder won't fit in the same box, you can go ahead and keep the speeder if you want to or someone else can have it if they want to pay you for additional shipping... the new rates SUCK!  But not much we can do about it.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #39 on: June 6, 2007, 12:05 AM »
[Whisper] Paul, I got 25$ send the tower my way[/whisper] :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 6, 2007, 09:50 AM »

I still haven't heard from you on shipping mine.

E>

I've got a box for you too.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 6, 2007, 09:51 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 6, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Since the rest of these boxes are very large, I'm going to ship them DHL. That should hopefully save some money. When I measured and calced these boxes for usps some of them ended up being upwards of $60  :o Ryan's box I've always intended to ship DHL.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 6, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Ok. I've mailed out the remaining boxes except Ryan large landscape box. I've still got to wrap that one. I've sent the remaining ones either Fedex or DHL. This is much cheaper than the post office. I've combined alot of boxes together.

Justin Cook - $13.75 Fedex     264407810067470
Brent Sinclair - $14.30 Fedex   264407810067487
Dan Mathis - $15.70 Fedex      264407810067494
Everette Herbert - $34.00 DHL   10474490865
Order 66 Customs - $47.15 DHL   10474490961

Paypal to ghost.host@verizon.net

Please include an extra 3% for credit card charges.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2007, 11:27 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Chewie, I have to take some heat for the damaged goods as I was responsible for packing a majority of your stuff. I did take a lot of care to pack everything as well as I could under the hurried circumstances and thought I had done a reasonably good job. I'm quite surprised some of the items we're damaged and for that I am truly sorry.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 11:24 AM »
No worries Anton, and I appreciate you speaking up.  These things I guess just happen.  It sounds to me like it was pretty much unavoidable.  I was able to get most of my things repaired, so no worries.  As for Coeli's binary loadlifter, I got everything on it repaired except for the broken toe.  He's been very nice about the situation so no worries.

I honestly have to say that if I had tried to mail all this stuff out, I would have been stressed out as hell about it.  So don't worry guys!