Author Topic: Sideshow Gift Card  (Read 12976 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Sideshow Gift Card
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:09 AM »
So I managed to snag a $30 gift card at C4.  I've never collected any of the sideshow figures but I always admired them from a distance (too much money for me to justify).  However, since I've got this gift card now, I'm interested in getting on of these at basically half price.   The gift card is only good for certain "in stock" or "second chance" items.  Currently, this counts for Han, Bib, sith attack probes, Salacious crumb, and Jabba.

My question for those of you whole follow the sideshow line much closer.   How often have items come back for "second chance" or gone into "in stock"?  I'd love to get something like the Obi-Wan (ROTS), Kit Fisto, Plo Koon or possible someone else. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:40 PM by BrentS »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow Gift Card
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I don't think it happens that often. Sometimes they find extra stuff int he warehouse and i think thats when it goes as a secnd chance. Get the Jabba, its awesome.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I don't think it happens that often. Sometimes they find extra stuff int he warehouse and i think thats when it goes as a secnd chance. Get the Jabba, its awesome.  ;D

Jabba is still out of my price range  ;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 02:23 PM »
They've been throwing alot of different items on there lately as well as removing a few. I have a $30 card as well and the one thing I wanted (Bride of Chucky Figure) disappeared out of nowhere...

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Congratulations on your gift card, Brent!  My husband and I got one of these each, and each one worked out to be worth $40.  But the fact that the selection is so limited does indeed put a bit of a damper on it.  :(  I had hoped to use mine  to pre-order their fabulous Asajj Ventress, but she's already sold out!

I have no idea how the "second chance" thing works, alas, but as evenflow suggests, it probably isn't something to hold one's breath about.  These cards do have an expiration date, after all (mine were 12/31/07).

Good luck and happy shopping, though, and once again congratulations!  $30 is nothing to sneeze at!

... the Findswoman

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Congratulations on your gift card, Brent!  My husband and I got one of these each, and each one worked out to be worth $40.  But the fact that the selection is so limited does indeed put a bit of a damper on it.  :(  I had hoped to use mine  to pre-order their fabulous Asajj Ventress, but she's already sold out!

I have no idea how the "second chance" thing works, alas, but as evenflow suggests, it probably isn't something to hold one's breath about.  These cards do have an expiration date, after all (mine were 12/31/07).

Good luck and happy shopping, though, and once again congratulations!  $30 is nothing to sneeze at!

... the Findswoman

Yeah they really do limit you to what you can use it on so while it's free there's not much to choose from and alot of it is $100+. It would be nice if you  could use them on any product but then again they'd lose more $$$ that way...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 02:38 PM »
 My husband and I got one of these each, and each one worked out to be worth $40.  

... and I thought I got a good deal for $30.  Good for you!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 06:56 AM »
I walked out with a good fist full of these puppies. One for $50, four for $40, two for $30, four for $20, and four for $10. I think I may have to branch out with these and try to pick up a Buffy/Angel Figure since the SW selection is rather slim.
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I walked out with a good fist full of these puppies. One for $50, four for $40, two for $30, four for $20, and four for $10. I think I may have to branch out with these and try to pick up a Buffy/Angel Figure since the SW selection is rather slim.

Damn you!  ;D Anyway good score.  The website claims it is 1 coupon card per person per event, so you'll have to find some other people to help you order with them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:30 AM by BrentS »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 4, 2007, 06:46 PM »
How the heck did you get so many???  I got one from the floor ($10) and one from the fan club breakfast ($10).  I am hoping the military line goes in the gift card grouping....otherwise, I'll never use it.
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 4, 2007, 10:16 PM »
How the heck did you get so many???  I got one from the floor ($10) and one from the fan club breakfast ($10).  I am hoping the military line goes in the gift card grouping....otherwise, I'll never use it.

I got a bunch just walking around the Sideshow booth. They just kept handing them to me.
I remember my dream now.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2007, 10:41 AM »
So, let's hear what people are buying with their Sideshow giftcards!  I just ordered 2 of these to customize with -- I'd really like to do a 12" Sly Moore, and thought this would be a perfect base.  I still wish I could have gotten the 12" Asajj, though... :(

... the Findswoman

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2007, 11:10 AM »
I only got one for $40... not much to get here... Makes me wish I had gotten Jabba to now get Bib...  Maybe just wait it out.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I'm hoping one of the jedi becomes available to use my card on.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2007, 01:19 PM »
i wish....