Author Topic: Sketch : Lando Calrissian in Skiff Gear  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Sketch : Lando Calrissian in Skiff Gear
« on: June 6, 2007, 12:06 AM »
I haven't contributed any work in a while, but hopefully I'll have some more Star Wars themed pieces to submit soon... This is a rough sketch of Lando Calrissian in his skiff gear. I'm happy with how this looks, overall... being a loose sketch, it has that rugged look to it, so its complimentary to the subject matter. Overall size is 5 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches, and it's pencil on your standard tracing paper.

Thanks for looking...
"...been known to make mistakes... from time to time."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The North Remembers
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sketch : Lando Calrissian in Skiff Gear
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:53 AM »
Looking good there Brad. You seem to have done a pretty good jobon the likeness there. Do you use reference materials or do you usually just go from memory?

I really wish I was a better artist myself, it would make class go by a lot faster. :P
Big Damn Hero Productions

"Winter is coming."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Sketch : Lando Calrissian in Skiff Gear
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:37 PM »
I usually draw from memory, or just roughly draw out the shapes, like in gesture drawing. This one I sketched while watching the movie, so that was my reference in this case. I probably should have spaced out his eyes and nose a bit more, but I think I got the helmet right, though.

When I need to get something really photo realistic or accurate, then I make several sketches of different elements of the drawing, plus reference photos and whatnot. My best work is when I'm not thinking about it too hard.

"...been known to make mistakes... from time to time."