Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!
« on: June 7, 2007, 05:52 PM »
My name is actually Gene, just not Gene Simmons. I already know a few of you from the FFURG forums.

Let's see, a few quick bits about me:

1) I'm 30 and I have 4 children (1 stepdaugther and 3 boys of my own)
2) I hate cabbage
3) I enjoy collecting/customizing Star Wars and GI Joe figures
4) I play bass guitar (and I customized my bass too!)
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Welcome to JD Gene!  There's lots of discussion to check out here, so feel free to roam around.

But why the hate for cabbage?  You can't have cabbage rolls without cabbage.  Mmmmm.   :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Welcome to JD.  I guess you will be contributing a lot in the customizing forums, but not in the new upcoming cabbage forums.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Welcome to JD.  I guess you will be contributing a lot in the customizing forums, but not in the new upcoming cabbage forums.  :D

Not too much in the customizing forums either. I'm moving away from Star Wars customs and more into the GI Joe realm. Without standardization in the way Hasbro makes parts for Star Wars figures, customizing them is tough. I'm really here for news and collecting discussion. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back here!
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 02:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Darth Simmons...

Sure SW customizing is challenging, but that's a large part of the fun of it. ;)  Don't abandon it too quickly, just keep at it man.

Anyway good to have you on board for the forums in general and look forward to you chiming in more man.  Jump right in and ask questions if you have any for us too.  The staff are pretty available.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Jesse I love your signature! That Rebel Trooper has a cartoony head, crap leg articulation, and the world's smallest blaster! Whoever sculpted that blaster should be punished! Were they over compensating for the huge POTF2 version?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 03:36 AM »
Hey Gene (not Gene Simmons), a belated welcome to JD to ya'.  I can't customize for crap, but am most envious of all you talented folks who can.  We've got a great customizing group here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself in there, as well as the rest of the boards.  So kick up your feet, relax, and have fun!  Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards here.

- Matt

P.S.  I definitely hates me some cabbage too!  :-X