Author Topic: How Many 30AC Stormtroopers Are In Your Army?  (Read 33743 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: How Many 30AC Stormtroopers Are In Your Army?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Matt, you're retarded.  ::)

Libertard?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Got another 4, taking me to 29.

With 2 more on the way from NFC, 5 more, then I'm done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26 PM »
After a trip to TRU, I have 1.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 03:32 PM »
any minute now i will see these.....right?..of course....any minute now...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 05:22 PM »
I have 8 total:

7 from the Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack
1 of the removable helmet type. I bought it today. After I opened it I noticed that the right leg is about 1/8 inch longer than the left! I apologize for the crappy picture. My camera sucks.

Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I finally snagged one for junior and must say, this figure as a toy, sucks ass.

The torso is so loose he can barely stand and the helmet falls off when the figure is tipped upside down. 

And did they mold the head in black and then add the flesh toned paint?  Already the paint has rubbed away on the tip of his nose leaving a black spot.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 10:51 AM »
It is too loose for sure, and the helmet just kind of hangs there - but he stands neutrally and has good articulation.  He's good for filling in the ranks if nothing else.

I'm up to 7 now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08 AM »
The torso is so loose he can barely stand and the helmet falls off when the figure is tipped upside down.

I've noticed the same thing with this figure.  I've only been able to snag two so far, and one of them is quite loose like you are describing.  The other one doesn't seem to be quite as bad.  I did notice the loose helmet with both of them though.  It didn't seem to be as bad when i was messing around and popped the comic pack Han/Luke heads on them, which I hope to do permanently once I get some more Stormtroopers.  I'm debating whether to pick up more of these (which I certainly would if I saw any), or to grab another Tantive pack to get a couple more.  Both seem to be good figures in their own right, and I just wanted to build up my Stormie ranks a little more with something other than the Commtech ones.

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 11:27 AM »

I've noticed the same thing with this figure.  I've only been able to snag two so far, and one of them is quite loose like you are describing.  The other one doesn't seem to be quite as bad.  I did notice the loose helmet with both of them though.  It didn't seem to be as bad when i was messing around and popped the comic pack Han/Luke heads on them, which I hope to do permanently once I get some more Stormtroopers.  I'm debating whether to pick up more of these (which I certainly would if I saw any), or to grab another Tantive pack to get a couple more.  Both seem to be good figures in their own right, and I just wanted to build up my Stormie ranks a little more with something other than the Commtech ones.

My army used to be totally Commtech Stormies. Although I love the sculpt, the lack of posability really made those extinct. If I may recommend, the Battle Pack Stormtroopers are MUCH better than the removable Helmet version.
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 12:38 PM »
I have 8 total:

7 from the Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack
1 of the removable helmet type. I bought it today. After I opened it I noticed that the right leg is about 1/8 inch longer than the left! I apologize for the crappy picture. My camera sucks.

You can email Hasbro about your defective Stormtrooper and they will replace it. Hasbro will even send you shipping materials.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 09:36 AM »

I have had that happen with a couple from the Saga Sandtrooper. I think if you turn the left leg clock wise a bit, it will help even it out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2007, 12:17 PM »
OK, I feel good that I have bought the only two of the TAC Removable Helmet Stormtroopers that I have seen in my area. I still need one more. Like many other people I plan to turn 2 of them into Han & Luke, but my son still wants a removable helmet Stormtrooper, so when I find another one I will buy it. Then I will replace the crappy perpetually looking up head with a Death Star Gunner head.

Then onto everyone's big complaint, the helmet. Good To Go Customs has an awesome Stortrooper helmet. They are out of stovk right now, but eventually they'll have 'em again. So for those of you who are not happy with the helmet that came with the TAC Stormie, that is a possible solution. Or you could use the POTF2 Stormtrooper Helmets! :P

Click Here For Good To Go Customs Stormtrooper Helmet

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 01:09 PM »
I'm up to 9 currently
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 02:35 PM »
All the ones I have gotten, are stiff and the paint is nice. I'm just lucky I guess.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 03:44 PM »
it could just be on the way the figures are taken out of packaging. i noticed when i just pulled the sand troopers out they would be really loose..but for two of them i cut the plastic off around them and they are stiff. or i could i have been lucky with that lol.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: