Author Topic: RQ Reviews VTAC Princess Leia (Combat Poncho)  (Read 5253 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
RQ Reviews VTAC Princess Leia (Combat Poncho)
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Another wave of VTSC (even though its part of the 30th Anniversary Collection). And what a wave it is! My first review from this set of figures will be Priness Leia in Combat Poncho (what makes it a 'combat poncho?' btw)

The first time I saw pictures of this figure, I thought it was one of the best two of the wave, right up there with IG-88. I was sadly mistaken.  ;D

Pros: (this will be very short)

Articulation (what an improvement!)--This figure has twelve points of articulation, not too shabby, whereas the POTJ version had about as much as a paralyzed turtle.
But at least the POTJ version didn't look like crap (for the most part)! Heh heh!  ;D Here we go with the cons!

Cons:

Sculpt/Likeness--The sculpt is so-so I guess but it has those wide legs like Moff Jellyjar! And it has a giraffe neck which is very hard on the eyes. And the likeness...she looks like she could be the Lipitor guy's daughter!

Paint Aps: As you saw in the picture above, Leia's paint aps are less than stellar. They clearly missed a couple of spots.

Accesories: She comes with a 'combat poncho' which btw is a pain in the butt to get back on her, a huge helmet for her tiny head, and a belt with a holster for her flimsy turd of a gun. Her 'sporting blaster.' At twelve dollars at Target (ten elsewhere) apiece, this is LAME.

So there you have it. The second worst figure of the wave, just barely, maybe just as bad as, Bespin Luke. My Wicket W. Warrick (George Lucas in Ewok Disguise) figure will not want to be seen with her. Save your money guys and pass, which is a shame because the POTJ version isn't great either. Ya know, maybe if they had just released her as a basic figure this would have been okay-er, but this is one of the worst excuses for a twelve dollar (eight dollar, when they mark her down because shes a PEGWARMER) figure I have ever seen. Keep trying, Hasbro, you havent nailed Endor Leia quite yet.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:33 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: RQ Reviews VTAC Princess Leia (Combat Poncho)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:43 AM »
there you have it. The second worst figure of the wave

wasnt this one your favourite at one point? lol  ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 09:36 AM »
My only issue with the figure is the widish leg stance, which can be corrected. Other than that, pretty top notch.

I can agree that this figure is the second worst in the wave, but considering the entire wave is a solid A, I can't tell people not to pick up an A- figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:51 PM »
there you have it. The second worst figure of the wave

wasnt this one your favourite at one point? lol  ::)

It was, which I mentioned in the review. It was my favorite based upon early pictures but once I opened it...yikes.

Anton, I guess I went too far in telling people not to pick it up, but I would disagree that it is an A- figure, more like a B. But I still dont think Hasbro nailed it and I think we all expect more from a twelve dollar figure.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:05 AM »
One thing this figure must has had was a painted belt around her waist

In accurate pics of rebel uniforms, they had a belt for their pants and another as utility belt with holster.