Author Topic: 35,000 Individuals Attended CIV  (Read 5415 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 35,000 Individuals Attended CIV
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:55 PM »
Is that recorded like attendance at US based NHL games?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Good news for those of us in LA who would like to keep it in LA. Bad news for everyone else.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Good news for those of us in LA who would like to keep it in LA. Bad news for everyone else.

Agreed.

I'd still really like it to move to Vegas.  And not because I have any particular affection for Vegas.  It's just easier and cheaper to get to for most people and it wouldn't seriously inconvenience the West Coast folks.  I think it would probably be considered a pretty small event for Vegas too and they could easily accomodate it at the Convention Center there, which is somewhat removed from the Strip.  Close enough to walk to from most hotels on the Strip and probably a fair bit safer in that area than it was in LA. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I of course wish it was in NY, but thats me being biased. With that said, it would probably be easier for me to finally attend one if it as in vegas. I do love me some gambling.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I think they all showed up on Saturday with their one day badges!! ;)

Seriously though, I would like to know if the Saturday badges outsold the four day ones.  I would like to know the individual badge sales than anything else.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Yeah, Saturday was busy. The exhibitors room was packed, if you had to carry anything you had to be careful. You had to get to events early as the line ups were longer than the other days.  I would also like to see the individual badge sales, should be some interesting stats.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Yeah I've heard maneuvering around all the other days wasn't bad, so maybe these #'s are a tad skewed if it was only Saturday.  EVERY day was packed at C3.

Either way I would settle for a move to Vegas if that's what it took.  Cheap flights, cheap hotels, easy to get around, actual stuff to do around the con centers there, and it's much more "open" to everyone in the country, not just West Coasters.

That or move it to Chicago.  They can accomodate that, they're centrally located, and they actually have things going on downtown there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 03:22 AM »
Yeah I've heard maneuvering around all the other days wasn't bad, so maybe these #'s are a tad skewed if it was only Saturday.  EVERY day was packed at C3.

Either way I would settle for a move to Vegas if that's what it took.  Cheap flights, cheap hotels, easy to get around, actual stuff to do around the con centers there, and it's much more "open" to everyone in the country, not just West Coasters.

That or move it to Chicago.  They can accomodate that, they're centrally located, and they actually have things going on downtown there.

That would be incredibly awesome, as I am in Chicago at least 5 time per year. Grand city, that.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -