Author Topic: Clone Wars Information Needed?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Information Needed?
« on: June 3, 2007, 03:27 AM »
I have a few questions about Republic forces during the Clone War. Looking for pictures and/or any information.

1 - What is the 191st Engineering Corps insignia look like, led by Commander Faie? Also any pictures of it anywhere as of Faie without hood and such too?

2 - Was Commander Deviss during the Battle of Orlo still part of 327th Star Corps or did he have his own unit? Wondering if they kept the Gold markings, went with the Red of Deviss's armor, or did they have something different?

3 - What color scheme was used by the 182nd Legion? This is the first Republic force sent to Feluica, but was wiped out.

4 - Is there information of Plo Koon leading forces during any ground battle? I want to give him a battalion or something for him to command. Or does anyone know what unit that Captain 'Jag' Jai'Galaar is from? That is the pilot that shot Koon down over Cato Neimoidia. Also a good picture of Jag's helmet would be awesome. I'll I have found is of the front.

Thank you for any help.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Clone Wars Information Needed?
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2007, 09:40 AM »
3 - What color scheme was used by the 182nd Legion? This is the first Republic force sent to Feluica, but was wiped out.

If I remember it correctly, the narrator in Battlefront II only refers to the 182nd by name... Were there any cinematic to that at all? While I totally ignore the game's bull**** storyline regarding the 102nd, I thought the idea of Acklay's destroying a clone regiment was a neat thought.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2007, 04:50 PM »

If I remember it correctly, the narrator in Battlefront II only refers to the 182nd by name... Were there any cinematic to that at all? While I totally ignore the game's ******** storyline regarding the 102nd, I thought the idea of Acklay's destroying a clone regiment was a neat thought.

Could be the only thing about them was from the game. Also all searches only had that information about them, maybe they were only part of that game.

I was wondering because Barriss Offee was the first deployed to Feluica, and was captured. That is what I have found, but if so the 182nd would fit into that under the command of Offee. Aayla Secura with the 327th Star Corps was sent to rescue her and her Padiwan. Or from the game it was the 501st before the 327th if you believe that. My take on that is that the 501st was only put together from other units towards the end of the Clone Wars for Anakin during ROTS, so they could have never been on Feluica.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2007, 10:35 AM »
In my last post I referred to the 501st as the 102nd by mistake. Oops.

The idea that the 501st was involved in every single worthwhile conflict we see onscreen is so ridiculous that even small children reject it as completely stupid. It all goes back to designers being too lazy (or perhaps just that god damned Jim Ward) to research or too lazy to skin specific models for specific maps.

But I still like the idea of a corps of clones being eaten by Acklays. Reminds me of the story where the Amanamanans ambushed an Imperial garrison.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2007, 09:08 PM »
Hey Mr. Corobb! I may be able to answer a few of those questions.

1. Here's a link to Faie without armor. I believe that these are his troopers.
2. I'm going to say that Deviss had troopers that did not look like 327th soldiers at the Battle of Orto since Deviss was seperate from Bly's unit at that time.
3. The 182nd, as Angry Ewok said, is only mentioned by name and is never seen in any sources.
4. So far, I do not believe anything has been reveled about Plo Koons clone trooper unit(s). I like to think that he commanded the 442nd Siege Battalion. As for Captain Jag, he was in charge of the 127th Gunship Wing.

I hope all of this info helps you out!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2007, 09:49 PM »
Thanks Greg,

I was thinking the same thing about Faie and his troops, but as someone pointed out that the Concept of that Faie was never used in books, comics, etc. Maybe within time something will surface more that will answer these questions. 182nd Legion and 442nd Siege Battalion need more of a story for them. As the 442nd only has the Hasbro back story to go on. Plus even with that I don't know if they were at Cato Neimoidia during the first assault or the second were Plo Koon is shot down. This is why I like canon over EU. It's much easier to follow. The unit of Jag will help though.

Thanks for the help
roron corobb
« Last Edit: June 4, 2007, 09:51 PM by roron corobb »
my feedback link

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 4, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Well, the concept Faie design was used in a single comic, but not for very long and he isn't named as Faie. He appears in the issue of Republic set during the Seige of Saleucami, and can be found in one panel of the Republic command center in the issue in which Oppo Rancisis is killed. The comic is Republic Issue #75. Hope this helps.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2007, 12:45 AM »
That gives me knowledge that maybe Faie was in command of 191st Engineering Corps, because Oppp Rancisis was the General of Faie's Corps during Saleucami, before his death. Someone else said that it never stated that Faie was in command of 191st Engineering Corps, but again I have got so many conflicting information on all this. I guess that is EU. Thanks for the information.
roron corobb
my feedback link