Author Topic: Sort of glad I am getting out of Star Wars Kubricks  (Read 6149 times)

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Sort of glad I am getting out of Star Wars Kubricks
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:56 PM »
wow, I never thought I would say this but I am glad I am getting out of collecting them. I spent a ton of money and over the last few months I have sold a lot of them. Most of them I took a huge hit on. I have relisted them on Ebay like 100 times. LOL I literally cant give them away. I still have a bunch but after listing them like 5 times, I end spending 20.00 per figure in fees, just not worth it. Either the economy is that bad or everyone who collects them have them all. ??? I will miss the large displays I had but needing the money is more important right now. :'( Is it me or have the value of these figures dropped a lot?  It just seems that way to me I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Sort of glad I am getting out of Star Wars Kubricks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Funny - I have the exact opposite opinion as I've been building up my collection (and thanks to you for several of them!).  My Kube collection has become one of my favorites and while it is expensive, it's also a lot more exciting every time something new comes out. 

As for prices, I think the demand on most of these has fallen over the last year or two - certainly on the basic waves anyway.  These used to be fairly consistent at $50-60 per set, but you can get a lot of the basic series sets of 6 for half that.  Many of the exclusives seem to be going for $10-20 less as well. There is a very limited market of people interested in these and many of us are caught up with what we want, so that's not helping.  On top of that, some die hard collectors are selling off their collections and that's made more supply than what we've had in the past.  I know I've gotten some great deals on chase figs over the last year just working with guys like yourself who are downsizing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:10 AM »
wow, I never thought I would say this but I am glad I am getting out of collecting them. I spent a ton of money and over the last few months I have sold a lot of them. Most of them I took a huge hit on. I have relisted them on Ebay like 100 times. LOL I literally cant give them away. I still have a bunch but after listing them like 5 times, I end spending 20.00 per figure in fees, just not worth it. Either the economy is that bad or everyone who collects them have them all. ??? I will miss the large displays I had but needing the money is more important right now. :'( Is it me or have the value of these figures dropped a lot?  It just seems that way to me I guess.

Do you have a list available outside of eBay?  I need a few figures and might be able to help you out.  Thx

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Ya, me too. I've sold of most of my collection, [thank you "Tramvia_blue"]
I didn't lose to much. I think releasing them on cards killed it.
I'm just keeping anyone who appeared in the original film and maybe a few fetts.
Just really hoping they finish of the 1st movie with at least the Hammerhead, powerdoid and a black A-17.
For me it's just getting boring. Still liking the Be@brick though...
And a 400% Vintage style Kenner Boba Fett would please me greatly.
or a nice Mquarrie inspired line would be nine.

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2010, 12:17 AM »
My interests in Kubricks has faded a bit because of the lack of interesting releases recently, but the fancy Deluxe series is pulling me back in.  Time for them to release some Aliens Colonial Marines and those Ghostbusters, I say.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2010, 10:43 PM »
My interests in Kubricks has faded a bit because of the lack of interesting releases recently, but the fancy Deluxe series is pulling me back in.  Time for them to release some Aliens Colonial Marines and those Ghostbusters, I say.

I haven't seen the colonial marines, were they previewed like the Ghostbusters?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05 AM »

I haven't seen the colonial marines, were they previewed like the Ghostbusters?

Aliens!
The only near complete set of Kubes I have are from Alien.
As far as Star Wars I don't have many left.
But there are some cheaper things to get as far as Star Wars so I drifted away from the Kubricks, just got too expensive and there are allot to get if you want to be a completest.
I do love the Fett series though, just wish I could afford the chases.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...