Author Topic: SDCC Shadow Scout with Speederbike  (Read 19232 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2007 Shadow Scout with Speederbike
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Wasn't everybody complaining in the McQuarrie R2/3PO & Luke thread that all exclusives should be repaints and not all new sculpts??  Well this is a repaint and I'm eagerly waiting to get my mitts on it.  The Scout has always been my favorite trooper since I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to an all black one.  We'll be getting a new speederbike soon enough so I don't blame Hasbro for giving it a final hoorah....at least I hope it's a final hoorah.

They could have offered the Saga Speederbike (brown one) also known as the newer version and it still be a repaint :P. That one has the accurate handle bars and better detail. This one doesn't even work as well as the vintage one that it's molded after. I don't think anyone is asking for a brand new sculpt, just the better version Hasbro already has. Plus the Scout doesn't look all black to me as it looks to be equal parts gray as well :P.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Man I'm cool with repaints of superior mold figures. Although I'm not going to stress myself about getting this set. If SWS or HTS offer it up then I'll get one, other than that, no worries.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 01:50 AM »
Easy pass. I passed on the Shadow Stormtrooper last year, and this concept of shadyness really isn't my bag.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 09:24 AM »
If you don't wanna pay $25 you can always go for this price.  ::)

I saw one for $68 plus $20 shipping last week.  ???

Just made my pre-order for only two. I may use this guy as my Special Ops Platoon leader.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:29 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Was talking about this on the PA group's mailing list...

There's been some debate as to where this guy actually comes from in the EU.  Rebelscum reported, but seemingly deleted their report (I can't find it anyway) that the figure came from Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike video game...  I recall them ammending the story to that after reporting it came from some other source.

Either way, I can't find the story now to link to it but neither seemed right to me...  I think they got it confused with the "Storm Commando" characters, which are in Rebel Strike, but who don't wear Scout armor.  Only their helmet really is similar to the Scout's, but the Storm Commando is a very different character.

This seems to me to be a completely new EU concept whipped up by Hasbro, much like the Shadow Clonetrooper was, so maybe that eases the pain of buying it, if some are looking for an excuse not to do so.  There are vaguely similar looking guys in very different outfits with Scout helmets in the EU, but there is no "Shadow Scout" at all in EU.  Might be easier to pass for some then.

I figure I'll get one, but at the price that'll be all I get I think.  The bike blows, so I'm a little miffed at paying the extra inflated, inflated price, because of it.  :-\  Rather have had some $$$ knocked off and just got the figure, but that's me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 07:33 PM »
If anybody is going and willing to help a brother out...I'll make it worth the effort.

I'm not going to hit SDCC like I wanted to and need some exclusives help...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 04:09 PM »
This was in my inbox:

Dear Michael,

This is a pre-order item that is available for physical, in-person pick up only at Comic-Con in San Diego, if you will not be attending we will not be able to honor your order.
If you place a pre-order for this figure online and you do not pick up at the show your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded for the order. There will be no exceptions. You MUST bring a photo ID and either your confirmation page or this confirmation e-mail to the StarWarsShop.com booth Comic-Con in San Diego in order to claim your figure.

The Shadow Scout with Speeder Bike figure/vehicle combo, debuts at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, and StarWarsShop is making them available for pre-order!

In an effort to cut down line time so fans can enjoy all there is to see and do at Comic-Con, StarWarsShop is offering the chance to purchase this figure in advance, allowing shoppers to simply pick it up at the show with a purchase confirmation notice.

"Shadow scout troopers (a.k.a. storm commandos) are trained for missions of deep infiltration," reads the striking full-view window-box packaging. "They uncover plots hatched by shadows in dark corners, and they dig up deadly secrets that can be used to make enemies cooperate. Their speeder bikes are designed for silence and speed, with a trideflective enery shield that prevents detection."

In addition to the stealthy gray and black duotone deco of both the scout and bike, the packaging for this piece is very collector friendly -- views from all four sides and above will temp you to never take it out of the box. Better get two, just in case.
  <---that was funny

To ensure that you get your Comic-Con Shadow Scout with Speeder Bike figure, make sure to pre-order yours from StarWarsShop.com today.

Your credit card will be charged for this order about a week before the show. If you do not pick up your figure at the show, your order will be cancelled and your credit card will be refunded
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Well I am not going to buy it although it looks pretty cool in my opinion.  I just want some other stuff much more than this item.  I do admit the $25 is very high.  Wasn't the POTF2 bike around $10?  Granted figures have gone up and it is an exclusive but $25?  Hmmm....interesting.  Hell you can buy a ROTS JediStarfighter for that price (I think?).

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 10:21 PM »
the exclusive figures are around $20.00 each so for $5.00 more you get a bike and a new trooper color whats wrong with that...
He's no good to me open

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 09:29 AM »
the exclusive figures are around $20.00 each so for $5.00 more you get a bike and a new trooper color whats wrong with that...

The fact that it's a 25% increase over two months (compaired to CIV.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Well that confirms that they are marketing it as a "Storm Commando" too...  NOt even close to the EU character's design(s) though, so I'm disappointed in that I guess.  Like the SC's look since it is different.

Meh, this one's the least interesting of the exclusives I think, especially at the price.  Usually I'd try for a team but I'm not so sure about even getting one of these now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 1, 2007, 09:39 AM »
A weird factoid, just in case anyone else has the same thing happen:

Shortly after I pre-ordered, I got an e-mail from Hasbro saying that they were unable to verify my CC account. Always being dubious of such e-mails, I checked in with me CC, which was fine, and then waited (trying to track down a phone number to call.) Late in the day, I got another notice from Hasbro saying that the verification e-mail was in error. ???

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 2, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I'm struggling on whether or not to pre-order this one. I will be at the con, but the $25 price tag is none too appealing.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Anyone know a line # of how many of these there will be? At first I thought it would be more limited than the pink droid or McQuarrie stuff but after reading that sale information posted by Infinifett- where they ask you to get 2- I'm feeling these will be easier to get. Thoughts?

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Being an "Army builder," one would hope they made more. I was kind of thinking that that's why this was made availble for pre-order, so more people would have chance to get one.