Author Topic: Target "AT-RT Assault Squad" Battle Pack  (Read 16176 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Twin AT-RT Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I can't recall and don't see it here, but what store was this exclusive to?   ???

Target. There's a DCPI number for it around somewhere.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Thanks Anthony, that's what I was thinking actually...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 10:10 PM »
Pretty cool set. 2 AT-RTs & 3 figures. I'll pick one up.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00 AM »
This is a cool Battle pack. I am assuming they removed the battery boxes/electronics and will be normal vehicles. Any one got confirmation on that? I love how we paid $15 for 1 with a static figure not to long ago.....
I will buy one of these sets.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 10:50 AM »
This set is $30 so you're really just getting Bacara for free.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 11:09 AM »
The more I think about it, I think I'm only going to get one set. 

Knowing Hasbro's penchant for repaints, I'll holding out for the inevitable 501st, Utapau, Felucia, Shocktrooper colors.

I'd only need one set for each color, so no worries on my part. I'm not looking to army build these and if they never come out with the other color variants I mentioned, I'm not worried about it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 10:38 PM »
This is supposed to be part of the 20 dollar price point, correct? 

Just to confirm what others have said, this is not scheduled to be part of the basic Battle Packs line.  The DPCI # shows it to be priced at $30 and it is planned to be a Target Exclusive item. From the Target DPCI thread:

087-06-0343 AT-RT Assault Squad $29.99

In other news, it looks like the AT-RT Driver sculpt being used is indeed the RotS basic figure sculpt.  Clicky the pic to check out the AT-RT Driver from the set:

Let the "horrible color scheme" bitching begin.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Target AT-RT Patrol Battle Pack
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Holy Christ is that thing ugly. At this point Hasbro is just f'ing with us to see what we'll buy. The Vomit Trooper from the Order 66 set was one thing, but this is totally different.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Some nice developments here, $30 instead of $20 and a smooth puke green deco to boot.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Holy Christ is that thing ugly. At this point Hasbro is just f'ing with us to see what we'll buy. The Vomit Trooper from the Order 66 set was one thing, but this is totally different.

I dunno...I traded/sold quite a few of those vomit tropper's from the o66 packs so this may yet be a winner to those few...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 01:48 AM »
I see the new 3" Titanium AT-RT is apparantly repainted and features this paintjob on the driver...  Soooooooooo, does that mean the new 3" Titanium RT itself is the paintjob we can expect on the RT's in this battlepack?  If so they'll be radically different from the basic RT's in 2005.

Regardless I appreciate getting more of the vehicle...  It wasn't super common around Pitt and it's to-scale so I'm down for more.  I don't dig the paintjob, but I said the same thing on the O66 Clone and he grew on me, and this just looks like an RT version of it really, so I'll take them.  I have regulars I can slap on the RT's that'll look fine and the extras I get from these can just go on the Clone shelf to add some more color.

I'm curious now on Bacara's paintjob.  Could be funky but it'll make a neat leader for these RT drivers and the Clones from the O66 sets.  They're like their own whole different legion when you think about it.  Whether we like it or not I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Yeah, that's a horrible paint scheme. The only good thing about it is that it takes away any army building potential.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 12:36 PM »
LOL, HAhA

I was reading this whole thread today and all the positive 'this is a cool set, I think I'll pick it up' comments and funny how they turned to the dark side after seeing the hideous grasshopper/locust painted clone.

Definately a NO for me...what a disgusting buy for 30$.

;D ;D ;D ;D 

DS

EDIT: the commander Bacara is STILL a ****** figure no matter what way they repaint him. He certainly adds to the negative feelings for this 'set'.  (IMO)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 12:39 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 01:30 PM »
At first I thought it was a positive development that they were going with the AT-RT Driver basic figure and not the lame, preposed figure that came with the AT-RT.  But this paintscheme stinks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 01:42 PM »
At first I thought it was a positive development that they were going with the AT-RT Driver basic figure and not the lame, preposed figure that came with the AT-RT.  But this paintscheme stinks.

Agreed. There is no reason to change this driver's paint apps from what it was before.  Heck, I'm not certain if those are even movie accurate, but I KNOW the psychedlic vomit driver isn't.

I really wanted more AT-RTs. Now I'm torn on getting this set or not. $30 is reasonable, but dang that paint scheme sucks.

What are the AT-RTs supposed to look lke themselves? If they are like the drivers, then it's going to be an easy pass.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010