Author Topic: Target "AT-RT Assault Squad" Battle Pack  (Read 16211 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target AT-RT Patrol Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 01:57 PM »
ill get one. and so will everyone else here...once it goes on clearance. :) lol
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 02:10 PM »

That's what I love about Target.  I can't think of a single exclusive they've had that didn't hit clearance.  If only WM and TRU could follow their lead.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 02:21 PM »
The only good thing about it is that it takes away any army building potential.

And here I was thinking that troops having army building potential was a good thing.

???
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 05:42 PM »

That's what I love about Target.  I can't think of a single exclusive they've had that didn't hit clearance.  If only WM and TRU could follow their lead.

Target's clearance is handed down by HQ, plus they don't have the warehouse/distribution that Wal-marts has. If they don't move something then they lose money with not being able to bring in something that does sell. They would take the little loss on over the big loss with the stuff sitting in there warehouses. That is why there clearance is the same in all stores, but Wal-Mart is more of a store decision on what is not moving and how many mark down points they have. That is why some stores have many items clearanced and other will have nothing. Some clearance comes down from HQ, but if the store doesn't have any mark down point they have to send the items to a store that has them. It is all based on sales for that store, plus they have the warehouses to sit on stuff longer. I don't know how TRU works.

I do agree though as it would be nice for other companies to have a better way of moving items to bring in the new.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 06:10 AM »

I still haven't decided if I like this pack or if I hate it. I've been leaning towards more of an OT focus this year, so I think I may actually be passing on this one anyways. The fact that it isn't even movie accurate will hopefully make that even easier. WhHo knows though, I may get suckered in when Is ee this one on the shelves.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:33 AM by Jeff »
"This is the way."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Wait a minute, shouldn't that go in the GI-Joe thread?

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I have a little Diorama type display going on that these would actually fit into and add some variety to it... I was against it at first, but I am on the fence now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Not sure about you guys but they dont look like the clones that were being sold on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I think it looks like a pretty cool set. With $7 + basic figures, 3 troops and 2 vehicles in one pack is a good deal. While I am trying to keep most things OT myself, I will definately get at least 1, more if they hit clearance.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I think these look really cool, even cooler after seeing the pictures. Even the Bacara looks nice.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I think these look really cool, even cooler after seeing the pictures. Even the Bacara looks nice.

Though, those Rocket launchers remain ridiculous.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I'm much more optimistic about this set now. Yes, the driveer we saw on the net last week is very different from the paint scheme we are seeing now. Thank goodness too.

I'll get one set and hope they go on clearance to get another set or two.

I actually like the Bacara figure. Though these do look like G.I.Joe figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 03:54 PM »
I dunno, this set just doesn't cut it for me. I am really starting to hate the troopers that Hasbro makes up (Purple Clones, most of Order 66, Shadow Troopers) so this set is an easy pass. Had this been a set with two AT-RTs with a normal paint scheme, two white AT-RT drivers, and an white SA #41 trooper, I'd happily plan to get two of them.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 04:47 PM »
You have to hand it to Hasbro...they sure do know how to squeeze every last drop out of their molds...and it works.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 06:18 PM »
I'm sort of perplexed on why they wouldn't just re-release the RT with the regular SA pilot either...  Not like that thing sold poorly in '05, so they surely could've sold through for $30 for 2 of them + another figure.  Still I'll get this set, it's not bad if you can get past the made up paintjob.  I've only got 2 RT's now so I'll take this little group.  Plain movie paintjobs would've been cooler though, but I'm guessing this is something for the kids more than us perhaps.  I dunno.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77