Author Topic: Yoda and Chian 2-Pack  (Read 1947 times)

obi_robz

Yoda and Chian 2-Pack
« on: June 10, 2003, 04:31 PM »
I got my Yoda/Chian pack this morning. I got a few other figures as well, but since this is the only set I've opened so far, I'll just post my thoughts on this one.

First, I can say that the Yoda is much smaller than previous releases. In the package I thought his legs were separately articulated (for once), but actually they are moulded into one piece. Even though I’ll be displaying my Yoda on his hoverchair (just to be different from all my other versions), he does actually look good in his standing “teaching” pose, either with his saber (Practical Jedi Skills class ;D ) or leaning on his cane (Jedi Philosophy class ;D ).

Articulation points: head, shoulders, right elbow, right wrist, left elbow, hips (for sitting on his packed-in hoverchair). His cloak billows out a bit, which looks right when he’s on his chair, but looks a bit strange in a normal standing pose (as if the lesson is outside in the wind or something).

Chian is very scene specific. He (?) would look great in a recreation of the saber practice scene, but doesn’t have enough articulation for any more neutral poses. His points of articulation are: head, shoulders, and waist. His arms / hands are really only good for holding a saber.

Chian’s moulded cloak is up to the usual high standard, with plenty of detail and enough folds to pull off the illusion of fabric. The lines of paint on his helmet were a bit sloppy, but paint jobs are always variable, so I may have just been a bit unlucky. Slightly more disappointing was the complete lack of articulation in his legs.

Yoda with cane – Philosophy Class  :)

Yoda with the scene-specific Chian – Lightsaber Class  :)  

Overall, still an excellent set (very cute figures), especially if your set-up is based on what we saw in the film.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 04:47 PM by obi_robz »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Yoda and Chian 2-Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 04:44 PM »
Nice review Obi, & thanks for including pics.  I take it Yoda has wrist articulation?  
Binders full of astromechs...

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 04:48 PM »
Yep, but only on his right side.

Just added a few bits to my review :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 04:52 PM by obi_robz »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 03:33 PM »
After a six-week long dry spell, I finally found a new fig at Target today: Yoda with Chian!  Someone snatched up all the Ashla/Jempa figs, but I got Yoda!  Anyway Obi Robz, your review is right on.  I agree with you that Yoda looks best sitting on his hover chair.  It's great that he can hold his lightsaber with both hands though.    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 02:17 PM »
This wave has hit the Indy area and I missed out. Now after seeing your review I want these figures more now. I will be clam and wait for the next shipment to arrive.....
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com