Multimedia > Jocasta's Reading Room

Rare hardcovers?

<< < (2/5) > >>

I Am Sith:
Great purchase!

The nice thing that I've found is that most of SFBK's items are less than retail and comparable to Amazon.  I refuse to buy books from Borders or Waldenbooks because they are always 10%-20% or more higher than on-line.

Good luck in getting the rest of the hardcovers you're looking for!  I'll try not to get in a bidding war with you on ebay for the rare ones!

Rob:
Thanks. :)

And don't sweat the bidding war.  I'll probably just take it easy and slow on those.  I'm not in a rush to spend $35 for a book I've already read.  Even though I'd like to get rid of as many of the paperbacks as possible.

I Am Sith:
Just to give you an update, I was able to get the Agents of Chaos 2-in-1 and the Dark Tide 2-in-1 HC novels on ebay today for $30 shipped.  I was surprised as hell to see I won both of those auctions this morning.  Most to all of the other NJO HC books went for $30+ each, so I must have been lucky I guess.  I few more down...

I also joined SFBK last week and just received my 5 Legacy of the Force HC's, the Dark Nest 3-in-1, and the Lord of the Rings 3-in-1.  I'm kicking myself though because I completely forgot that I was going to use the 'free' selection to get the Comlpete Visual Dictionary and I ended up getting the LOTR 3-in-1 instead.

Chris Wyman:
I was just on their website last night thinking of joining myself for the exact same reasons as you guys have mentioned. I am a first edition hard cover Star Wars book collector and it just drives me crazy when they don't release books in hard cover. I didn't join yet, but I was looking around for the books I could get. I was only able to find five total, so I would have just made it. The only books I'd be buying in the future would be the Legacy of the Force books that aren't in hard cover.

I was in a book buying mood yesterday and it continued into today. I bought five books off of Alibris.com. If I haven't just bought a book when it first comes out, I've probably gotten it off that website. They typically have pretty good prices and it's real easy to find books in nice shape because of the description that sellers are required to fill out when selling books. I had a $10 off coupon when you spend $100 that I used. I'll post which books I was able to get when I get them. I'd hate to say what I got and be all happy about it only to find one of them all messed up or something.  :P

I would totally recommend that site for both of you if you haven't already been to it.

Rob, I noticed that you bought the "Allegiance" book from the Sci-Fi Book Club. I think that's still available in the book stores in it's true first edition hard cover version. I'm sure you already know this, but I wanted to point it out in case you didn't realize.

What kind of condition do the books from the Book Club arrive in? I'm so picky about the items in my collection, so it's always a challenge to find the best condition possible. Do they pack them well?

I Am Sith:

--- Quote from: JGordon24 on October 10, 2007, 09:32 PM ---What kind of condition do the books from the Book Club arrive in? I'm so picky about the items in my collection, so it's always a challenge to find the best condition possible. Do they pack them well?

--- End quote ---

Everything that I've ordered and received from them has been mint condition.  They pack things very well and their shipments arrive quickly.  I highly recommend them.

As an aside, I've pre-ordered Inferno and Death Star, so if you wait until next month, both of those will probably be available for your subscription commitment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version