Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76202 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I didn't think I would care about this figure very much; my personal collecting habits center around making dioramas of memorable film scenes, and this being from a cutscene (that I didn't know about until the mid 90's) made it a little less appealing at first.  But when I got him, I absolutely fell in love with the cool 70's look of his costume!  This to me is pure SW design; I'd have preferred characters like Hem Dazon to have outfits like Biggs' and other spacers like Yerka Mig and the Duros than the sort of Space Force GI Joe style suit complexity some modern characters get.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2007, 02:08 AM »
Finally got a second Biggs to open this weekend.

Mine has the blue crap all over it too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2007, 10:16 PM »
I finally found a case (maybe two) of this wave at TRU today, and like others mentioned a few pages back, all of the McChewies were gone. I checked this TRU the night before and they had nothing, and hit it today around opening so I'm thinking it was an employee. Ah well. I still really like the Stormtrooper, the helmet looks a lot better in person to me.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 3, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I don't know if other people are seeing the same thing, but this wave has been slim to none around here.  Granted, its still early, and I received a "set" from BBTS, so I'm not worried - but I'd like to get a few extra Jawas and Stormies (and one McChewie to keep carded).  All of our stores have kind of been slowed up now with Wal-Mart having only TSC figures (and lots of 'em), Target having 2 Mace Windus and 6 Galactic Marines for about 2 weeks now, and TRU having a pile of Wave 2 Han and Biggs, with a few Lukes and Rebel Honor Guards.  It doesn't seem as if much has moved for the past few weeks at any of the stores, maybe people are in Transformers mode right now :).

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 3, 2007, 11:15 AM »
My opened Biggs has the blue crap all over it, its really bad, which is a shame because hes a really good figure.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: July 4, 2007, 02:13 AM »
Wave 3 is sporadically shipping around here as there's still a large glut of Saga on the pegs of every store, and Wave 1 & 2 back-ups are happening to a VERY minimal extent.  Actually it's mostly Obi/R2 from Wave 1, some Mace's too, but the army builders are easier to find as well save for Airborne's and Honor Guards that are non-existant.  Marines and Death Star Troopers are pretty easy snags though.

But yeah, other than the odd Vader, there's not much wave 3 to be found.  I've yet to get a Luke, and most of Wave 3 I haven't seen in stores even.  I'm sure they'll be around soon in good numbers.  I even have seen McQuarrie Fett/Trooper recently so even those are shipping a little better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Finally caught up on all the figures I want from this wave. Bring on Wave 4!