Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Jabba's Band" Battle Packs  (Read 12200 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Band Scene Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 10:18 AM »
There should be at least 7 figures in it, the 3 POTF2 band pairs and the TAC wave 4 guy. But for the price, that's not enough. I wonder if they'd sink as low as to include a Jabba and his throne.

I would think they would include the Jabba's Dancers also, but you never know. Would be nice to get something new, but I don't see that happening. With the release of Umpass-Stay this year, I would how long it will be before we see Ak Rev the last of the Band?

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32 PM »
This is great news! I never got any of the Rebo band so this is exciting. It also presents the possibility of Ak-rev and Yarna, maybe not in this set but in the future to go along with it.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I hope it does not turn out to be like the Arena pack with all straight repacks. I would like better paint scenes on old molds with 1 or 2 new figures to make it a worthwhile 'upgrade".
Yarna would be perfect here!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 05:36 PM »
This sounds like a cool set. Hopefully it actually turns out to be cool.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 07:47 PM »
The "other site" has a pic of the back of the box I believe.  It has all the Max Rebo Band Pairs, all 3 dancers, Rappertunie (sp?), and Han in the Carbonite Block (which I can't rell if he comes with the pack or not?  Oh, and it looked like Yuzzum has his intrument.

I guess it would help to include the link  http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Bands_All_Here_107570.asp
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:48 PM by Darth Broem »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 08:10 PM »
The "other site" has a pic of the back of the box I believe. 

Nope, not the back of the box, just a picture from their photo archive (scroll to the bottom).  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Scum does have an inside ear as to what's going on with Hasbro for the most part so I'm banking on these figs to all be included in the "Battlepack" even though it seems a bit busy in there.  I say all's fair except for the dancers and Solo in carbonite.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I expect it to be a complete repack of 6-10 figures with only one or two completely new sculpts so that those of us with all the old figures are completely hosed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 05:43 PM »
I expect it to be a complete repack of 6-10 figures with only one or two completely new sculpts so that those of us with all the old figures are completely hosed.

That would be good out Hasbro for you. Plus I could see it happen.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I'm not so sure about this set. As much as I like aliens, this set sounds like it may be expensive and contain figures that are not too great. I'll make my final judgement after I see actual product pics.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 08:52 AM »
Wow..Scum was right...go figure.

I really dig how you can connect the boxes to recreate the "The scene"  Not quite a playset, but it's nice..

I'm hoping that WM puts this and all of their exclusives on their website so I can do the site to store thing.  Worked perfect for me on the Transformer 5pack.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 09:41 AM »
I was hoping for at least one new figure, Ak-Rev would have been the logical choice. At this point i am thinking a pass.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 06:34 PM »
One good thing, is knowing Wal-mart these sets will most likely be around $20 each. Not bad for 5 aliens and would make for some good fodder. I don't know if I'll get the dancer set, but the other I will most likely pick up as I need two of the figures from that set for customs.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Wal-Mart "Jabba's Band" Battle Packs
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 01:03 AM »
I was lucky enough to get all the Rebo band sets back in 1998, so I'll be skipping these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Jabba's Band" Battle Packs
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 09:20 AM »
The Rebo Band pairs are something I missed out on the first time around, and I've kind of been waiting to see if they would see a resculpt or re-release before I went to ebay, so I'm glad these are on the way.  Hopefully they won't be too hard to get a hold of, WM exclusives seem to be a bit hit or miss around here sometimes....and I've always wanted to get the Rebo Band.