Community > Other Toy Lines

M.A.S.K.

(1/9) > >>

Brian:
I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for this (or maybe I missed it), but I know we've talked about the M.A.S.K. collectibles in the past on these forums.  I think Scott has/had a pretty extensive collection of these as well.  Anyways, I remember being a big fan of the cartoon (however short lived), and the toys as well.  At the time, the pickup truck (with "Hondo" I believe) was my favorite, although I always wanted the Thunderhawk car.  Anyways, I see that WIZARD/ToyFare now has a little feature up on M.A.S.K., so it brought back some memories and I thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested.  I remember a few of those short-lived/less popular toons/toylines from my youth like M.A.S.K., Inhumanoids, Silver Hawks, being pretty good - even if they weren't on for a long time.

iFett:
I loved the cartoon/toys as a kid.  I only had Phirana, Firefly (both lame) and the Thunderhawk which was pretty cool.  My brother had the Rhino which I would always "borrow" when I had the chance.  Loved the lil masks these guys had and all the the transformations/play features the vehicles had - such a great toyline.  I even remember that they had to tweek the styles of some of the masks back then do to choking hazards....Wow...toy issues back in the 80's...Good times.

I guess I was too involved with Transformers and Joes as a kid, but I went back and picked up every single vehicle/figure back in 02.  I never got into the laser/clone stuff so I left that stuff alone.

I can't remember all the names, but my faves were the Stinger, Slingshot, Razorback, Rhino, Bulldog, and the Outlaw.  I think I liked the semi trucks moreso because of Prime  :)

Reid:
I know little of the toys, but I do have an issue or two of the old DC comic series.

P-Siddy:
Vanessa was hot.  ;)

Packbar:
I still have my Condor (the green motorcycle that turns into a helicopter) and I wish I still had my Raven. That was by far the coolest MASK of them all. I really loved that they did a Matt Trakker in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line. That was a really cool figure to pick up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version