Author Topic: M.A.S.K.  (Read 19277 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
M.A.S.K.
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for this (or maybe I missed it), but I know we've talked about the M.A.S.K. collectibles in the past on these forums.  I think Scott has/had a pretty extensive collection of these as well.  Anyways, I remember being a big fan of the cartoon (however short lived), and the toys as well.  At the time, the pickup truck (with "Hondo" I believe) was my favorite, although I always wanted the Thunderhawk car.  Anyways, I see that WIZARD/ToyFare now has a little feature up on M.A.S.K., so it brought back some memories and I thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested.  I remember a few of those short-lived/less popular toons/toylines from my youth like M.A.S.K., Inhumanoids, Silver Hawks, being pretty good - even if they weren't on for a long time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:57 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.S.K.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I loved the cartoon/toys as a kid.  I only had Phirana, Firefly (both lame) and the Thunderhawk which was pretty cool.  My brother had the Rhino which I would always "borrow" when I had the chance.  Loved the lil masks these guys had and all the the transformations/play features the vehicles had - such a great toyline.  I even remember that they had to tweek the styles of some of the masks back then do to choking hazards....Wow...toy issues back in the 80's...Good times.

I guess I was too involved with Transformers and Joes as a kid, but I went back and picked up every single vehicle/figure back in 02.  I never got into the laser/clone stuff so I left that stuff alone.

I can't remember all the names, but my faves were the Stinger, Slingshot, Razorback, Rhino, Bulldog, and the Outlaw.  I think I liked the semi trucks moreso because of Prime  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I know little of the toys, but I do have an issue or two of the old DC comic series.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Vanessa was hot.  ;)

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I still have my Condor (the green motorcycle that turns into a helicopter) and I wish I still had my Raven. That was by far the coolest MASK of them all. I really loved that they did a Matt Trakker in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line. That was a really cool figure to pick up.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2009, 10:28 AM »
I never had any of the vehicles, but a friend did.  I watched the show.  I would buy the toys if they released them again. I picked up the 25th Ann GI Joe Trakker they released. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2009, 10:26 PM »
John, I've got some of the vintage ones that I'm selling, so if you're interested, look for my list on the MN Non-SW thread.  ;)

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55 PM »
For my birthday last month my brother in law gave me his old original Matt Trakker and Thunderhawk which are in great condition!  He did let my nephew have it for a while but I convinced him that it would be in much better hands and live much longer if it somehow would end up in my possession. Good to know he was listening!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 04:56 PM »
I had about 5 MASK toys when I was a kid.  My favorite is the Rhino.  A few years back I repurchased what I had as a kid and a lot of the ones I never had. 

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 02:30 AM »
M.A.S.K. was one of my fave toy lines and cartoon in childhood.

After SW had kind of quitened down toys wise it was M.A.S.K. and Robotech toys that I collected/played with then.

Had the CONDOR bike,FIREFLY racing car and the large orange 4WD with Hondo Mclean too.

Good times....  ;D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 02:35 AM »
The Orange pick-up was, to me, the best...  That thing was badass.  I treated them like Roadwarrior type cars...  They got pretty beat up because of that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 10:10 AM »
I really had hope for a relaunch when they released the updated Matt Trakker in the Joe line, but no dice.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:09 AM »
I still have all of my stuff...its just been packed away for 5 years :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 11:10 AM »
The Orange pick-up was, to me, the best...  That thing was badass.  I treated them like Roadwarrior type cars...  They got pretty beat up because of that.

The Orange pick-up (driver was Hondo or something I believe) was my favorite as well, and I played with that a lot as a kid.  It really was a pretty fun line back then, I was sort of hoping for a comeback too.  Nice collection Scott....cool to see them all like that.  I only had a few of them, but really liked the pickup (the top right orange on on your second picture). I remember looking forward to the cartoon as well, although I think it was only on like one season or something.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Orange Pick Up = Firecracker w/ driver Hondo MacLean
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:39 PM by Scott »