Author Topic: M.A.S.K.  (Read 19276 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.S.K.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Orange Pick Up = Firecracker w/ driver Hondo MacLean

That's it...thanks, it was starting to bug me that I couldn't remember the name of the truck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Some of them were kind of lame and didn't work too well...  My jeep never wanted to fire the little boat interior out of it for some reason.  I liked it as a jeep, but it just didn't work well.

I liked the Tanker truck too, as a central thing everyone was attacking, kind of like the end of the 2nd Road Warrior movie.

Hondo got his ass pitched to another vehicle and the guy wiith the red hat and mullet was the driver of the Firecracker then.

I don't even recall that rig without a trailer (not the Rhino, but the one without a hood).  I didn't have the Volcano either, and I don't think I had the mini-van either though my brother might have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 04:13 PM »
I don't even recall that rig without a trailer (not the Rhino, but the one without a hood).  I didn't have the Volcano either, and I don't think I had the mini-van either though my brother might have.

The rig was called Pitbull I believe and the driver was some Russian dude that I vaguely remember from the cartoon.  I picked most of these back up in 02-03 except for the last 2 waves.  Never could figure out how to get the Volcano to work/transform or whatever, but it's still cool as is the mini-van...can't think if its name at the moment, but thanks for posting the pic Scotty.  Brings back memories.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:30 PM »
The white van was Slingshot with Ace Riker... I still have that one.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 05:19 PM »
Goddamn Scott, that collection is awesome. Do you have the Boulder Hill playset? That thing was, to childhood me, the most amazing toy of all time, trumping even the AT-AT for supremacy. Never had it, but it occupied my dreams for quite awhile...

The best!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Boulder Hill was pretty cool, but no way would I ever rank that above the vinty AT-AT. Still gotta pick that thing up someday though - and a minty Jackhammer that I can never seem to find/or find time to look for.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I have my orignal Boulder Hill at my folks house.  Its missing a few things but I do have it...I have been meaning to track down a super mint one but haven't do to space constraints

I will always remember getting that for Christmas 1985...probably my second favorite Christmas present ever behind the Falcon

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 12:44 PM »
They're actually not too bad on ebay. I don't think I'd ever get one at this point, but it's interesting to see that a MIB set can be found for under $100.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 09:31 PM »
BoulderHill was indeed badass...  I can recall having the VENOM guys ram it with the Snake Oil tanker...  It was the only way to break into the fortress.  Very fun.

If I had one gripe about MASK it was that the figures didn't have, nor could they carry, guns.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 10:34 PM »
The masks totally made up for that, IMO. I loved that line. I barely remember the cartoon, though I know I watched it regularly. That line was carried by the toys for sure.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 11:05 PM »
When I was back home over Memorial Day. I raided my childhood closet and brought back my Slingshot and Buzzard - both complete with box and instructions.  8)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 08:25 AM »
I need to grab some of my stuff, too. I think Scott and Mike are interested in some of them.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I need to grab some of my stuff, too. I think Scott and Mike are interested in some of them.

Me too, maybe. If.... the Price is Right.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 10:16 AM »
the Price is Right.

Has it really been 3 whole years without Bob?   ;)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 02:45 AM »
Found a cool MASK site.  Helped me decide to fill in some of my missing sets.  

http://www.albertpenello.com/mask/

Purchased a MASK Switchblade on eBay the other day.  Now I have to save up to buy a Boulder Hill, Meteor and Firecracker to finish off the first 3 series.  

Then I need Stilhetto, Fireforce and a few other Split Seconds sets.  I bought Skybolt several years ago and that jet is very cool.

From that site I found a site selling some MASK repro labels.  May have to buy the Thunderhawk set.  Hopefully, some more coming soon too.

http://www.stickerfixer.com/mask/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:45 AM by spiderpumpkin »