Author Topic: Slave I Ramp Question  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
Slave I Ramp Question
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:23 PM »
So I've got two different Slave I ramps...  both are black, but one is glossy one is flat.

Both are stamped 1014 C 017 - 02

Any ideas if one of these has been painted or if they came both ways?  And if they're both legit, is there a more desirable one to collect?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I'll feed you fruit that don't exist
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Slave I Ramp Question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:26 AM »
So I've got two different Slave I ramps...  both are black, but one is glossy one is flat.

Both are stamped 1014 C 017 - 02

Any ideas if one of these has been painted or if they came both ways?  And if they're both legit, is there a more desirable one to collect?

Since nobody's responded. . .

Could one be from the vintage release, and one from the 1996 SOTE/POTF2 release?  They were identical molds, IIRC, just different paint jobs. . .

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I don't think that's it.   I think the 1996 one is more of a gray color.  These are both most definitely black.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Could it be that some were just made from different plastics like how some of the stormtrooper blasters I have are black and some have a greenish tint to them?  I couldn't even begin to speculate on which one was more rare though.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Rarity doesn't matter really... I am going to keep the flat one and dump the semi-glossy one.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.