Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49742 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #195 on: January 9, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Yeah, I thought Hasbro said in a Q&A answer that we'd be getting a regular silver EU coin in this wave?  :(

I guess they changed their minds and decided to do the "shadow" thing and re-use the gold for the Covert Ops instead.   ::)

At least the shadow figs share the same coin, so we'll only be adding one coin to the album instead of two.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 9, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Yeah, I thought Hasbro said in a Q&A answer that we'd be getting a regular silver EU coin in this wave?  :(

I guess they changed their minds and decided to do the "shadow" thing and re-use the gold for the Covert Ops instead.   ::)

Had I had known that, I wouldn't have tried so hard to track down a Darktrooper or look to make a deal for that coin.

Grr, friggin' Hasbro.  That Gold EU coin was supposed to be unique due to the Darktrooper winning the fans choice poll.

I realize the other one made the top 5 list, but that's not the same. A silver coin would have been just fine with this fig and given us another coin to collect. Besides this trooper is silver-ish, so it would have made even more sense. Then again I don't think we can accuse Hasbro of that too much...Prove me wrong Hasbro and make my damned AT-TE (and have it retail for no more than $100).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 9, 2008, 04:12 PM »
I'm so glad I don't collect the coins.   :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 9, 2008, 05:23 PM »

At least the shadow figs share the same coin, so we'll only be adding one coin to the album instead of two.  :P

Is there space in the album for more coins?   

Wow, this move makes me feel like a fool for paying $18 a piece for three of these guys a few years ago.

Guilty.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: January 9, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Is there space in the album for more coins?

Not even close...  I'm pondering what to do, actually, and thinking about making my UGH set in a separate coin holder thing, if I can fudge making one somehow, that will open up some space...

Really though, I don't believe Concept Grievous and a number of others fit already, so there's definitely not a slot for "Shadow Coins", or even the hoped for silver EU coin (which I too had wished for, to counter the gold DT one).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #200 on: January 9, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Shadow coins?  If only in the real world.  "Hi, I'd like to pay for this brand new car with my shadow money."  "Where is it?"  "You can't see it.  It's shadow money."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2008, 03:31 AM »
I bet those Shadow coins will be selling for at least twice the retail price of the figure once they hit eBay.  :-\

So we've got 60 basic figure coins, 8 Legends coins (I to VI, gold EU, black EU), 12 UGH coins, 4 exclusive coins (CIV, CE, SDCC, IndyJones), 6 concept coins (McLuke CIV, McLuke CE, McDroids CIV, McDroids CE, McYoda, Grievous).  90 total.  Am I missing anything?  (Besides how the hell I'm supposed to get 90 coins into 80 slots.  ::)  At least the 6 vintage coins and the Toy Fair coin have their own display.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:57 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56 AM »
JJ (or anyone else interested), I have half of the coin album separated from the other half if someone wants it!  Now, don't laugh, but I am such an OT purist (and I wouldn't have needed the whole album since I was not buying any PT waves), so I actually x-acto knifed the album in half.  The half that has the PT images on it now is separate and closes like a regular book.  I have no need for it if anybody wants it.  At least it will look like your other one instead of you having to buy some other kind of collector album!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2008, 09:07 AM »
The Shadow coin only complicates my coin collection even more. Since I didn't do a set of UGH coins, with the Indy coin, one each of the convention coins (Europe included,) and one of them flipped around, I had four empty spaces which which I decided to fill with affiliation logos, Rebel, Empire, Federation and Republic. A black coin and a potential EU silver coin kind of intrigue me to put into the album, but now I have no room.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Here is the further clarification, straight from Hasbro:

There are TWO list changes from last week.  The major one is the removal of Han Solo (VOTC) from eligibility because there is a high likelihood that he will be used in another set and will not be available.  Instead, the next highest-rated figure, R3-A2 from the Battle of Hoth mullti-pack.  The Bespin Guard listing has been corrected - it is not possible to vote for "black ethnicity" since no such figure was released.  Instead, the listing will be corrected to say "Bespin Guard (Power of the Jedi)"

Voting will run for 14 days and the top 5 vote-getters will be used as the final wave of Saga Legends.

I know this is sort of "old news", but has anything been said/speculated where the VOTC Han Solo might see release this year?  I know its probably not a real big deal to many, but I was sort of hoping to be able to pick up some more of this great figure - and it really hasn't been available for awhile now.  Maybe it was supposed to come with the rumored Falcon, or maybe its still on the way in some sort of pack available in the last part of the year, but I was just curious if anyone had heard/read anything further on the possible re-release of VOTC Han.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2008, 09:14 PM »
I know this is sort of "old news", but has anything been said/speculated where the VOTC Han Solo might see release this year?  I know its probably not a real big deal to many, but I was sort of hoping to be able to pick up some more of this great figure - and it really hasn't been available for awhile now.  Maybe it was supposed to come with the rumored Falcon, or maybe its still on the way in some sort of pack available in the last part of the year, but I was just curious if anyone had heard/read anything further on the possible re-release of VOTC Han.

Well - I don't know if it's true or not, but in the latest rumor report from Rebelscum, they say that the two 2008 Ultimate Battle Packs will be Endor Celebration and Death Star Escape.

My guess is that they'll use the VOTC Han Solo figure in the "Death Star Escape" set. Since the belt was a separate piece, they could easily replace Han's regular belt with a Stormtrooper belt.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:15 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!