Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84495 times)

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #285 on: March 5, 2008, 07:02 AM »
Someone may have already posted this but has anyone figured out how the panning droid "connects" to the platform. I am not an engineer and I can't make it work.

I just worked this out myself last night.

The two arms that are not being used to hold the lava cauldron can swing forward to plug into the lava.  The platform will lift off of the lava base, and you'll find two slots that are intended for those two arms to plug into.  Plug those in, then replace the platform and the Panning droid and lava mining platform are effectively one unit.

If my explanation isn't clear enough, check out the small photo on the figure blister.  It shows how the pieces integrate.  But the way I set mine up looks a good deal better than the RS image.

THANKS! The trick was getting his arms going in the right direction. I was looking for slots in the base.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 5, 2008, 07:32 AM »
A few clones in ROTS had multiple canisters attached to their armor, Gree being one of the them.

Here is a shot of the Coruscant Clones from ROTS. There are at least 5 different armor "kit" configurations.

#1 has the 2 canisters
#2 has one canister and an Antenna attachment (think #41 black antenna accessory)
#3 has some sort of black piece attached above the canister
#4 has some sort of black piece attached above 2 canisters
#5 is hard to tell what's going on back there but there appears to be 1 canister up on the back by the neck

Wow. Who knew they varied so much...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 5, 2008, 10:08 AM »
A few clones in ROTS had multiple canisters attached to their armor, Gree being one of the them.

Here is a shot of the Coruscant Clones from ROTS. There are at least 5 different armor "kit" configurations.

#1 has the 2 canisters
#2 has one canister and an Antenna attachment (think #41 black antenna accessory)
#3 has some sort of black piece attached above the canister
#4 has some sort of black piece attached above 2 canisters
#5 is hard to tell what's going on back there but there appears to be 1 canister up on the back by the neck

Good call and way to look out!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 7, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Finally saw my first sighting of this wave today. There was no Gree or BARC but at least one of everything else. I almost bought the Anakin and Obi-Wan but ultimately decided against it. Ball jointed knees aren't enough for me to pay $7.50 for figures I already have multiple versions of, especially when all I do is stand them on a shelf. I almost bought Po Nudo (sp?) and 2-1B but the paintjobs on all of the Po faces were awful and all of the 2-1B's were warped due to the cheap plastic it looks like Hasbro used on it. No interest in the droids. (I'll pick up the Tri-Droid or whatever it is in the Mygeeto battle pack)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 7, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Looks like this whole wave (including Gree and the Kashyyyk Trooper) are currently in stock at HTS.  Get 'em before they're gone!

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 7, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I wasn't too jazzed about this wave when it was first uncovered/announced because I am tired of all of the Clones. (I know, I may have to switch to GI Joe or another hobby this fall.)

But, the Kashyyyk Trooper may be my favorite of all the Clone Trooper variations. It looks cool.  There I said it. Can't believe one the Clones is one of my favorites in any category. Gree is also not half-bad. I just found the entire wave at my local Walmart (and what's up with McFigures??? I counted 8 Snowtroopers and at least 6 Rebel Troopers on the pegs next to the couple dozen Moff Jerjerrods collecting dust.)

And did they actually try and make the whole Anakin-Obi-Panning Droid-Platform work? Nice try though. Individually you can imagine what they might look like together.

Another separatist. (At least it wasn't a third Clone.)

Some more droids. (Teenage 2-1B???)

Not too shabby overall.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 8, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Looks like this whole wave (including Gree and the Kashyyyk Trooper) are currently in stock at HTS.  Get 'em before they're gone!

They are still up. I sure as heck wish we could buy more than 1 Kashyyyk trooper at a time. That's the only one I need to get more multiples from this wave.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 8, 2008, 11:31 AM »
I'll pick up the Tri-Droid or whatever it is in the Mygeeto battle pack

The Tri-Droid is my personal favorite of the bunch.  I highly recommend picking one up.  The 2-1B sculpt would've been great if it wasn't for the fact that he was severely vertically challenged.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 9, 2008, 10:05 AM »
I don't know if it matters to you Diddly, but in case you didn't know, the Tri-droid in the BP is a repaint.

I'm right there with you FG, the Tri-droid is a highlight of the wave for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 9, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I don't know if it matters to you Diddly, but in case you didn't know, the Tri-droid in the BP is a repaint.

Didn't know that, I suppose that two good recommendations are enough for me to snag it next time I see it...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #295 on: March 9, 2008, 02:25 PM »
I love the Tri-Droid too Force Guy and it might be my favorite...  I do like the wave overall though.  Ani/Obi are a nice upgrade and that's my favorite sequence of Episode 3, so they really are nice figures to have.  I think I slipped a Q to Hasbro in our Q&A for those exact figures, even with the stands, but I hoped for more of a burnt deco to the outfits...  Oh well.

The Gree's really nice too...  Kashyyyk Clone is nice but his size...  I think I'd label Gree pretty much "perfect" out of the wave, and the only one who is so, so he's likely what I consider the best.

What gets me about the Tri-Droid, and I love it, but the legs do bow over time.  I've got about 5 of them now and they're all bowing a little.  It's frustrating but that's life with some of the figures I guess.

2-1B is easily the weakest of the lot...  I was watching ROTS the other day on skinemax and it's really clear that even the 2-1B in ROTS is as tall as Palpatine at least, as they're clearly in the same shot and not a long distance away from one another.  It's a shame he's such a tiny figure now because he's not a bad figure besides his scale.

So, to summarize... 

-Every Figure has one problem, most are minor though...  Obi's head, ANakin's elbows, Trooper's height, Tri-Droid's bowing...

-2-1B sorta blows because he's dinky.

-Po Nudo is a freak.

-Cmdr. Gree is probably the best overall execution of a figure in the wave.  Tri-Droid is just a hulk though, and that gives him cool points to me, and he's probably my favorite of the wave for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I was kind of surprised to find this entire wave at Target this weekend.  I picked up a Gree and another Kashyyyk Trooper, so I'm all caught up on this wave now.  I haven't had a chance to open them up yet (Gree was the only one I was missing before), but they look pretty good.  Although it is a bit small-ish, I really do like the sculpt and everything of the Trooper otherwise (same goes for 2-1B - nice figure, just too small).  Agreed on the Tri-Droid, that's another figure that feels like you're really getting your money's worth from the basic figure line (much like Yoda w/Kybuck and others from last year).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Yep, the Tri-Droid is amazing.  I've picked up three of them so far, passed on a few more.  Actually his size is keeping me from getting more - I'm just straight up out of room to display these!   :-\

I also agree with you Force Guy about 2-1B... when I first got the figure, the height didn't bother me at all.  But now it does for some reason.  As a result, I've only bought one.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2008, 05:49 AM »
I got the panning droid today and I'm having a blast with him! :D He's a really fun little guy. I like his coloration/deco and all his little arms. This is stellar accessory set as display stands for Anakin and Obi-Wan, but the droid himself is a neat figure, too. I'm definitely getting a second to set beside the Mustafar playset's lava pool, to mine ore with the miner guy. I love how all 4 of the pieces, the droid, bucket, platform and lava all interact. I dug out Mustafar and spent much of the evening trying out all the possibilities. ;D LOL I had forgotten the legs attach to the lava, and just a minute ago tried out that set-up on my desk. I actually managed to get A & O into a pretty decent fighting pose right on top of it:

I have a question for those who bought the '08 Anakin: Is the torso exactly the same as the original Evo? Is his windpipe still so bloody big it limits the posability of the head??

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Took a while, but I'm finally done with this wave. I'm surprised there wasn't a revision case with two Kashyyyk troopers per case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."