Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84490 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #45 on: August 1, 2007, 03:52 PM »
"I'm ready to slap someone for giving him a removable helmet..."

Well then, slap many of the people on these furums who asked and asked and asked for removable helmets.   Hasbro's only doing it because collectors wanted it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 1, 2007, 03:57 PM »
well he doesnt have a pauldron so his chin should be covered.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 1, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I don't think Gree's "obscure" really...  He's with Yoda afterall, and the one that tries offing the Jedi Master Hasbro loves to throw at us again and again...  I think the ties to Yoda alone make him more resculpt-likely than Bacara really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Yes, Bacara was bad, but Gree was just as bad just minus the articulation problems ::). Bacara will be done again, because he can be made with already existing parts. Plus would be a money saver for Hasbro too, so you can count on him making a come back. I for one would like them to redo him on the #41 clone body over the evo one. The #41 IMO is a better Clone and has more articulation. I have been putting off making a custom do to the ease of making one, so you can mark my words we will see another Bacara again. You just can't count on Hasbro to make it perfect when they do.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 2, 2007, 08:51 AM »
I was a little surprised to see a Gree (and Kashyyyk Trooper) resculpt so soon after the initial release(s).  Not that I'm complaining, I'm really looking forward to both figures, but I thought it might be a thing where Hasbro said "good enough" for a bit longer.  Heck, they think their Rebel Fleet Trooper is "pretty nice", but they'll resculpt clones that are a year old ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 2, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Jedi Insider has some nice (larger) shots of these figures up now.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 2, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Jedi Insider has some nice (larger) shots of these figures up now.

Whoa that 21-b has atriculation galore.  Gree I'll have to get if anything for the damn binoc's  :-\  41st...eh I was actually fine with the repaint Scout.  Doc Oc Droid looks to have articulation galore x2.  Po I'll get 2 one to customize.  Also side note is the rifle that comes with the 41st a new sculpt?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 2, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Ah those pictures help to do the figures justice. I was already sold on these. I am much more now. I'm even getting more convinced of the AT-RT set. And the EVO sets look much better. SA Qui-gon and Jango!!! Whoo-hoo.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2007, 06:42 PM »
"I'm ready to slap someone for giving him a removable helmet..."

Well then, slap many of the people on these furums who asked and asked and asked for removable helmets.   Hasbro's only doing it because collectors wanted it.

I hate the removable helmets on ROTS clones, because Hasbro hasn't done as good with them... I know some people want them, but so far they've done a poor job on the ROTS removable helmets.  Same thing happened with the TAC Stormtrooper...

Just look how much larger this helmet is on a clone -

Then how much better it looks here -

It's just like any other figure parts when there's more than one version of something made... to me the removable helmets are a step back on ROTS clones (except for Cody - to adjust, they reduced the size of his head itself so they didn't make an oversized helmet... another example is the Combat Engineer - cool figure, but the helmet really looks too big and also with that grade of plastic they seem to lose a lot of the details in the sculpt (not to mention the painting is never as precise) -

Anyways, I'm sure you guys have seen these close ups but just in case -

It almost looks like Gree is a kitbash of three different figures -

Almost like somehow the compressed these parts togther for a mock-up -

helmet - ROTS AT-TE Gunner or maybe even the ROTS Combat Engineer?
arms - ROTS Quick Draw Clone
torso - ROTS SA Clone
legs - ROTS Quic Draw Clone

If you look closely you can see the belt is positions the correct way (rather than upside down like the SA Clone).

Maybe it's just an AT-TE Gunner clone with modifications, but the waist kind of looks ball jointed from Hasbro's preview.  And the belt piece definitely does not look sculpted on, but rather a separate piece like the SA Clone.

This is probably the last time they make a Gree (other than repacks) so I'm hoping it's a good figure.

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2007, 07:46 PM »

I hate the removable helmets on ROTS clones, because Hasbro hasn't done as good with them... I know some people want them, but so far they've done a poor job on the ROTS removable helmets. 

I think the Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, and Cody are all ROTS clone removable helmets that came out well though, except the pinhead under Cody of course, but the helmet itself isn't bad.

I wonder if that Kashyyyk Elite helmet is removable.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 2, 2007, 08:08 PM »
You're right Dressel, they did do fine on those other helmet sculpts.  It's the generic grunt clone helmet they seem to have trouble with when making it removable.

I guess I should have clarified what I meant better.   :)

:P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 2, 2007, 09:34 PM »
I wonder if that Kashyyyk Elite helmet is removable.

maybe a flip visor? it would be cool to have it removable though. I know it would only make me buy more of him. Nothing cooler than a briefing display with some clones holding their helmets under their arms :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 2, 2007, 11:24 PM »
Hmm, that Elite still doesn't look "right" to me. Looks like all they really did was repaint the Biker Scout and maybe sculpted a new helmet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 3, 2007, 08:09 AM »
it also looks like the trooper has modified marine legs.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 5, 2007, 09:18 AM »
The detail on all the figures is great. Quality work on all of them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."