Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84514 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2007, 02:41 PM »
I think the panning droid looks pretty good actually.  So does the Elite Corps clone, and Gree is looking better to me now.

My favorites are the Octuparra droid and 2-1B though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2007, 03:54 PM »
This wave has some solid picks but Pu Nudo is a real loser. I would have preferred Cin Drallig instead of a figure that will join the rest of my senator figures....at the bottom of my figure bin.

I am happy to see the Anakin on a single card but I would have liked some fire damage deco & sith eyes. Same for Obi Wan, fire damage. I hope we do not see another price increase because these figures are skimpy. Not even Jedi Cloaks included just the crappy 06 stands. I have to agree that the Lava droid is pretty useless and will warm pegs after awhile.

Gree, Kash Trooper, Tri, & 21 look great. I am glad I dump my o6 Kash Troopers and that I only had 6 of them. Count me in for 12 & 6 Tri Droids.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2007, 04:11 PM »
The one thing I like about Po is the head.  I'm sure I'll get suckered into getting a few of this figure just for head swaps.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2007, 04:28 PM »
I'll buy a second Po Nudo to make his aide.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27 AM »
I'm really excited for the Gree now. He may just turn out to be the most perfect figure ever.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Hmmm.  I'd really like to see some kind of clear stand for the Lava Panning Droid.  Otherwise there's no way that it's going to be able to support Vader.  I might have to do some "special modifications" to make that happen.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Hmmm.  I'd really like to see some kind of clear stand for the Lava Panning Droid.  Otherwise there's no way that it's going to be able to support Vader.  I might have to do some "special modifications" to make that happen.

Someone highlighted a clear stand in a photo over at scum (I think it was in the package,) but it wasn't included in their "Exclusive" loose pictures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2007, 09:35 AM »

Someone highlighted a clear stand in a photo over at scum (I think it was in the package,) but it wasn't included in their "Exclusive" loose pictures.

I saw that post too. It's not a stand - it's part of the inner bubble tray.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:37 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Thanks, Jaybird!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Then there is the glowy eyes when carving up the separatists on Mustafar.

I say

Sith Eyes or Armor figure = Vader figure

No Sith Eyes / No Armor figure = Anakin figure

I agree totally, but something I kind of been wondering to myself how do we explain Darth Tyranus/Dooku we never see any Sith eyes with him and obviously Sith eyes can be turned on and off just from watching the Mustafar scene Anakin  doesn't have them when he comes up to Pad's but 5 minutes ago he had 'em tearing up the Sep's.  I hope it's somehow explained but with the way the EU is it'll probably be a lame reason.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 1, 2007, 06:07 PM »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #161 on: November 1, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Wow.  Check out the ball-jointed wrists on Gree.  Can't wait to see that in a saber holding figure.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 1, 2007, 07:26 PM »
This wave looks nice. My favorites are Po, Imp 2-1B, and the tri-droid.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 2, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Wow.  Check out the ball-jointed wrists on Gree.  Can't wait to see that in a saber holding figure.

I was wondering what made them decide to go with Ball-jointed wrists, but it finally hit me, they'll work optimally with the binoculars.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 2, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Commander Gree: This looks like it'll be an amazing figure! The paintjob is a lot more accurate and it's good to finally get Gree with all his accessories from the movie rather than just the repacked blaster.

Kashyyyk Trooper: I will be buying several of these, another awesome figure. It's funny that the loose shot has him with Gree's backpack though. Now that Hasbro has proved that they won't go bankrupt resculpting some of the lamer army builders of 2005 and 2006, I hope this means we have a chance of getting a new Bacara.

2-1B: As a huge fan of 2-1B (Robo-Quack) from Empire Strikes Back, this figure is a must-have for me. I do hope Hasbro gives us a way to get more of the chopper droids, because I only got one during its original release.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Nothing special whatsoever. Notice the uneven paintjob from his head to his neck. I wonder if they'll fix that. Even if they do, this figure is a PASS, and it will definitely pegwarm.

Anakin Skywalker: I never acquired the Evolutions Anakin, so I will definitely be buying this figure to replace my ridiculous 'Saber-Attack' Anakin.

Po Nudo: I see a lot of customizing/diorama potential in this figure, so I will probably be getting a few.

Tri Droid: A great surprise! I will need at least four for my Mygeeto bridge diorama.

Panning Droid: It looks very cool, but not the most exciting figure of this wave. It will probably pegwarm after a while.

Overall, this looks like another excellent wave!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!