Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 20764 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Yep, they have B.J. hips.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Any pics you could share?
I am really happy to hear that these are not straight repacks and have real upgrades.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Any pics you could share?
I am really happy to hear that these are not straight repacks and have real upgrades.

Listen and watch the enhanced Star Wars Action News Podcast. They have a segment in this week's episode (#127) detailing the entire first wave for 2008.

Retooled Evo Anakin: (new hip articulation & tabard)

Retooled Pilot Obi-Wan: (new head, hip articulation & tabard)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:03 PM by jedijaybird »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Whoah! Now that's some articulation!

it's about time they get the hips done right. I know some of the clones had this on them, but lacked articulation in other areas.

I was going to pass on these two before, but now I'm going to have to buy them. This is a MUCH improved upgrade.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Yeah, you cannot gripe on that...  at least not too much.  The ultimate Jedi figures for the most part.  Ani's arms are still angle-cut joints, which were fairly limited for poses, but the Obi-Wan's as good as it gets to me.  Hasbro easily gets me to buy these.  I'd have bought htem with "Mustafar Battle Damage" burn marks actually.  The hips are a no-brainer on them though now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04 PM »
WOW I am more impressed with JJ's super fast response to my request. Many thanks for these outsatnding pictures.

These 2 Jedi are awesome! 2008 has a nice start!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2008, 08:26 PM »
now watch next year they will be retooled with ball jointed wrists lmao
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Well I guess that is two more figures i am picking up. I was going to pass on those two and save some money but after seeing those pics. i am getting them.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Jayson posted the pics so I can't take credit. ;D  Great shots showing how improved the figures are though for certain.  It makes me wonder how "improved" 2008 figures may be overall, if wave 1 alone has 3 really SA figures in it like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Thanks for the pics Jay!  It's been awhile since I've been able to view stuff you've posted.  Is it just me?   ;)

Looks like there might be a bit of GI Joe action going on with those hips.  Too bad you can't see what's going on under the tabard - I assume that's the skirting?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Too bad you can't see what's going on under the tabard - I assume that's the skirting?

The tabard is actually the plastic part below the waist. Previous versions have had a solid tabard, these new ones are split in the front.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:30 PM by jedijaybird »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2008, 09:27 PM »
Too bad you can't see what's going on under the tabard - I assume that's the skirting?

The tabard is actually the plastic part below the waist. Previous version have had a solid tabard, these new are split in the front.

So do these guys look like GI Joes under their skirts?  ???  I was never a fan of that style of figure, but I guess I don't mind it here where they've covered it up.  Put me down for 2x of each!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33 PM »

The tabard is actually the plastic part below the waist. Previous version have had a solid tabard, these new are split in the front.

Guess I didn't know what tabard even meant  :-[  Plus I don't open my SW stuff as you know...silly wabbit - but thanks for clarifying for me Jay  :)

These were going to be the first two carded figures I was going to pass on in 08, but now I'm second guessing myself.  Looks like I may have to crack open/get rid of some other lines to make more room for 08.

**I have my Cobra Crimson Guard posed exactly as Anakin right now (at least leg wise) and I'd love to post a photo, but I'm on dial-up at the moment.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2008, 10:05 PM »
**I have my Cobra Crimson Guard posed exactly as Anakin right now (at least leg wise) and I'd love to post a photo, but I'm on dial-up at the moment.

They still offer dial-up access?   ???  ;)
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2008, 12:30 AM »
The only thing thats lacking on the Anakin is the elbows. Other than that both are really supurb figures.
I remember my dream now.