Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84512 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2008, 05:53 PM »
does his head come off naturally or do have to do some customising? I leave my figures carded sooo....I guess it suck to be a card freak sometimes.. ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07 PM »
You have to open them...you don't know what you are missing.
Free them from their cardboard prisons.....

The head is a ball joint so you have to pop it off but the neck stem is still there. So if you want that off you have to cut it off for real, no going back.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2008, 12:56 PM »
I just got my wv1 figs from HTS.

Tri-Droid: Freakin' outstanding!! Excellent articulation, great sculpt, TALL!!! You definitely get your monies worth with this figure!!
2-1B: Cute little figure... to cute. It could be bigger, but I'll deal with it. Articulation is excellent. However, on mine one leg is shorter than the other. Is it that way on yours too?? This is an above average figure with flaws.
Panning droid: The base is very cool, but should have been bigger as the platform was much bigger in the movie. The droid itself is cool. It calls for one of those clear stands with the small poll to hold it up to make it look like its hovering though. It's an okay purchase for background filler, though I now wish I'd have only bought one. It's good a a single purchase, not so much for multiples.
Obi-wan Kenobi: WTF, I thought his leg joints had that added articulation like the Vader does. I'm disappointed in it because of that. It's essentially the same figure from lat year in that respect. THe only decent improvement is the soft goods skirt which does add some poseability. It's a good figure, but we've seen most of it before. Again now wishing I wouldn't have bought two. The other is up for sale/trade, just PM me.
Darth Vader (in Jedi robes): This would have been the definitive Vader in jedi robes, but for the elbow articulation. Swivel?? What gives. He gets all the best articulation everywhere else but there. Still even with that flaw he's highly poseable. An improvement for sure, just not quite perfect.
Commander Gree: OMG, it's him, it's really him! THIS is the figure Hasbro should have released first for Gree. Hell, if just the deco alone would have been like this one, the first one would have been the definitive one. However this new upgraded version not only beats it in deco, but articulation as well. I don't quite get the wrist articulation. One goes sideways the other goes up and down. Still It's not a complaint, more a "Huh?" If you didn't score the first Gree, this is the one to get. If you did score the first Gree, this new one is STILL the one to get. Cal the previous one his XO (second in command). I have several of that first one, so for me those will be his command staff. (at least until/if Hasbro makes the Turbo tank-then they will be the crew for that instead)
Po Nudo: Well I can't review this one yet. I got a "variant" version, lol. His head popped off in the package and it resting in the area of his "package." It looks kinda funny, so I'm keeping it carded. I'll shoot some pics tonight and post them up later for you all to see. rom what I can tell though the sculpt is good and his head, hands and torso should make for good custom fodder.
Kashyyyk trooper: Ok, first things first...why so soon Hasbro. I could have said that for Gree, but since he's a one time purchase it's cool. The Kashyyyk trooper is an army builder. Some of us are still reeling from the purchases of the first one. Now you make this corrected one so soon and basically make the first ones outdated. Okay now that I got that out of my system...wait one last thing, he's a bit short for a clone trooper... Okay now to the review. Excellent job. Deco is nice, articulation is awesome, you got the RIGHT weaon, even if it's a bit think for him to hold. This is a must buy. I'm only a tad disappointed that I have to rebuild this version of clone trooper, but heck that will just gie me two versions on the armor. I'll call the first one the upgraded armor. Heck the first one was dubbed "elite," so that works. This new one is just the grunt then.

All in all a pretty decent wave. Some parts were stinkers, but the figs over all were pretty darn good and some very good. I'm glad to see the quality of figure is on par or better than previous ones. Kudos Hasbro!

-Sal

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2008, 02:32 PM »

Obi-wan Kenobi: WTF, I thought his leg joints had that added articulation like the Vader does. I'm disappointed in it because of that. It's essentially the same figure from lat year in that respect. THe only decent improvement is the soft goods skirt which does add some poseability. It's a good figure, but we've seen most of it before.

He does have the upgraded hip joints. Maybe yours are stiff.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:34 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: February 29, 2008, 04:40 PM »
The hips on mine were pretty stiff and hard to move at first.  I had to be real careful or it felt like the peg could easily snap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 29, 2008, 04:41 PM »

Obi-wan Kenobi: WTF, I thought his leg joints had that added articulation like the Vader does. I'm disappointed in it because of that. It's essentially the same figure from lat year in that respect. THe only decent improvement is the soft goods skirt which does add some poseability. It's a good figure, but we've seen most of it before.

He does have the upgraded hip joints. Maybe yours are stiff.

Well hey, whadda you know! Indeed mine does have the correct hip joints. Thanks for posting that. I didn't try all to hard to move the joints thinking because they didn't move initially that either it didn't have them or that I would break the figure. Cool. Okay my assessment of Obi-wan has changed! It's an excellent figure.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Okay, my camera is acting strange, so I had to scan this in. Sorry for the poor quality, but it's a carded figure on a scanning bed, so it's the best I can do.
It's headless Po Nudo, with a strange "package" attachment... lol

Now you can see why I don't want to open this one.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 29, 2008, 09:16 PM »
That's cool, neat score!  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #278 on: March 1, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Thats pretty funny.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 1, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Now both heads are in the same spot.

That's head imbalance.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 4, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Someone may have already posted this but has anyone figured out how the panning droid "connects" to the platform. I am not an engineer and I can't make it work.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #281 on: March 4, 2008, 10:06 PM »
I have yet to pick this figure up but the Panning Droid "arms" plug into 2 holes in the lava - not the platform itself.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2008, 10:08 PM by Jayson »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 4, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Someone may have already posted this but has anyone figured out how the panning droid "connects" to the platform. I am not an engineer and I can't make it work.

I just worked this out myself last night.

The two arms that are not being used to hold the lava cauldron can swing forward to plug into the lava.  The platform will lift off of the lava base, and you'll find two slots that are intended for those two arms to plug into.  Plug those in, then replace the platform and the Panning droid and lava mining platform are effectively one unit.

If my explanation isn't clear enough, check out the small photo on the figure blister.  It shows how the pieces integrate.  But the way I set mine up looks a good deal better than the RS image.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2008, 10:44 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 5, 2008, 04:57 AM »
Why does Gree have two cannisters? ???

They've sculpted one onto the back of his armor in addition to the one on the belt.

I also noticed that they turned the belt rightside up this time. I wonder if they originally designed the belt to fit the #41 body in the upside down position by mistake? Something's seriously impeding Gree's ability to bend his waist forward and back... I can't tell if it's the extra canister or the fit of the belt...?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #284 on: March 5, 2008, 06:35 AM »
A few clones in ROTS had multiple canisters attached to their armor, Gree being one of the them.

Here is a shot of the Coruscant Clones from ROTS. There are at least 5 different armor "kit" configurations.

#1 has the 2 canisters
#2 has one canister and an Antenna attachment (think #41 black antenna accessory)
#3 has some sort of black piece attached above the canister
#4 has some sort of black piece attached above 2 canisters
#5 is hard to tell what's going on back there but there appears to be 1 canister up on the back by the neck
« Last Edit: March 5, 2008, 07:25 AM by Jayson »