Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158301 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Qui Gon, Bultarr Swan and Luke!
Darth Bane, Darth Nhilus, Darth Maul
Mandalore, Jango Fett, Boba Fett

The last one has me wet
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:18 AM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I was just reading that too, great news that these are coming back.  It was a great concept that was too short lived previously, and the sets planned sound pretty good.  The fact that we're getting Qui-Gon is cool enough on its own :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Agreed but not so sure I like the choices...  Where's the Rebel Trooper set?  Bah, and the Jedi set's different, but why not Obi-Wan E1, QGJ, and then fill the 3rd slot with whatever?  Curious choices there...

The Sith one's inclusion of Maul's odd too I think...  Whatever though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Ahhh! no love for Obi-wan EP I & II
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Fett is just in too many products- I know he sells, but seriously, we should start a thread to find out how many Boba Fetts some of us have after 12 years of modern collecting. I bet I have 12 or more, and I haven't even been trying.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Yeah, I'm hoping the fact that these sets are even coming back will open the doors to some of the sets we've really wanted to see like an Obi-Wan set, a Padme set, a Rebel Trooper set, and others.  I am glad that we can hopefully get a nice SA Qui-Gon and Jango out of these though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:19 PM »
A new ESB decoed SA Boba Fett is the last Fett I hope to ever buy...I still want one though

A SA Jango is also sorely needed...I agree I'd of liked to have seen an Obi-Wan or Padme set though too

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Fett is just in too many products- I know he sells, but seriously, we should start a thread to find out how many Boba Fetts some of us have after 12 years of modern collecting. I bet I have 12 or more, and I haven't even been trying.

Funny, I'm just about the opposite.  I've gone through my loose collection in its entirety over the last couple of days and you know what?  I have maybe 4 Boba Fett figures (not including baby Boba).  

VOTC
Pit of Carkoon
UGH (which is POC with a silver base)
POTF2

Where the heck the rest went, I've no idea, but missing all those figures is the least of my concerns but it sure reminds me there's a box of figures hidden somewhere in this house :-\

I like the Evo packs in general.  Not sure if I'll actually buy any of those, none has me particularly excited.  Once I see them I'll probably cave in.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 04:31 PM »

Not bad, but also not the best choices of figures I don't think.

The Mandalorian set though is gonna be HOT.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Funny that Luke & Bultar are the almost identical in size and shape.  Definately buying lots of those.  We need female Jedi in traditional robes.  The other I'd say only 1 of each.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 04:45 PM »
To me, it's unfortunate that the new Qui-Gon's being released in a $20-25 set, with a couple of Exhausted Universe characters that I couldn't care less about, instead of in the basic line.

They first mentioned the new Qui-Gon a long time ago in the Q & A's, and then he kind of fell off the radar--I wonder if he wasn't originally slated for the basic line, and then they decided to move him into the new Evolutions line instead. . .

EDIT:  Maybe Bultar Swan's not an EU character after all, I don't know, but she may as well be.  Still couldn't care less about her.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:48 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 04:48 PM »
What's up with Boba's head he either has no hair or white hair.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49 PM »
I think he's wearing a hooded body-suit type thing.  It's just covering up his hair.

Here's a better shot from SSG:

Couldn't care less about the Mandolorian, but--good Christ--the Fetts look good. . .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:52 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I agree with that it sucks to see the only way to get what appears to be a good Qui Gon is in this set.  I'm glad to get the Bultar Swan though and am glad she's getting attention from Hasbro all of a sudden.  As for Luke, while I'm not totally excited about, will be fun to have a NJO figure of.

Now the Sith is really disappointing to me, in terms of character selection - Darth Bane, to me has always looked very stupid.

What a lame design, he really looks like some sort of He-Man design or something.  I'll use it only for custom parts, if even that.  It's not Hasbro's fault that he's such a stupid design but I'm surprised they went with him given how non-Star Wars he looks.

Darth Nihilus, on the other hand is VERY welcome to the line.  Evil looking and personifies the feel of the Sith. 

As for Darth Maul, I hate the shirtless design almost as much as Darth Bane.  I'd rather see something like a ROTJ version of Palpatine.

The Fett set looks amazing!  I'm so glad they are doing this.  Look at Mandalore!!  wow he looks great!  Ultimate custom fodder here plus it's just cool looking as is!  Boba is fine but look at Jango!  Whoo hoo, this is such a great set, count me in for a few!

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 05:08 PM »
That's pretty cool they include the pilot headset there for Jango... Bultar Swan and Bane I really could do without, but the rest I'm really excited for. I hope that this line lives past these three sets. Evolutions is perhaps my favorite subline, beating out VOTC due to the better price.
"This is the way."