Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158296 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Now are they going to re-release the "grey" clonetrooper to stormtroopers set as well?  Or is it just going to be the yellow version?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2007, 10:17 AM »
I've read that only one version of the clone set is getting released.

Here's my question - Are these considered '07 or '08?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:18 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2007, 02:30 PM »
I think only the grey pack has been pictured so far.  I don't recall seeing the yellow one, though I actually think I prefer it overall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I saw the re-released sets at my local Wally World last night as well. For those still wondering it is definitely the grey version and like Anthony I think I read it is the only one being release. I was thinking of maybe grabbing another Sith Set but I ended up passing. Maul's face looked HORRIBLE on the both sets the store had. The eyes were all blotchy and far too big and there seemed to be a fair amount of detail omitted from his tattoos. Hopefully it was just from a bad bath or something, because they did do a really nice jo the first time around. I didn't see the Anakin/Vader or I might have picked up one more of those.
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Maul's face looked HORRIBLE on the both sets the store had. The eyes were all blotchy and far too big...

Did it come with a little 3 3/4" scale Sith bong, and Travis Henry accessory?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51 PM »
On the rehashes, I'll grab a Sith set or two, but not the others.

;)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2007, 07:21 PM »
On the rehashes, I'll grab a Sith set or two, but not the others.

;)
I say bring on the new packs! Enough with this repack stuff!  ;D :o

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2007, 10:05 PM »
Saw two of the reissue sets tonight.  It was the Sith set and the Clone to Stormtrooper set.  And those were all the grey variants.  Strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Vader's Secret Apprentice set.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 04:45 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2007, 04:19 PM »
The Sith Lord looks pretty cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2007, 06:23 PM »
This is a great set. I'm very pleased with what Hasbro has done here.

This is the best way they could handle the Secret Apprentice as a figure.

I also like the designs for the Sith Lord and Jedi Knight versions - they are unique but fit in well with the rest of Star Wars.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2007, 06:24 PM »
Wow, so I'm guessing these are the different paths you can take in the game, ala KOTOR? Very cool. May pick this set up.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I'll be picking up a couple of these.
I remember my dream now.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Is it just me, or is Hasbro taking a huge chance by only releasing the "Hero" of the game in a 20.00 + set?  Wouldn't it have made sense to have these carded, so kids could actually choose the one they wanted?  Not ony that, but with Hasbro's poor scheduling, I bet that this set, and the carded figures hit at very different times.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 1, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Is it just me, or is Hasbro taking a huge chance by only releasing the "Hero" of the game in a 20.00 + set?  Wouldn't it have made sense to have these carded, so kids could actually choose the one they wanted?  Not ony that, but with Hasbro's poor scheduling, I bet that this set, and the carded figures hit at very different times.

I think that an Evolutions set was the only way they could give us all three in-game versions of the Apprentice.

If they had individually carded the Apprentice character there was no way that they could have put all three versions into the assortment.

The big problem here is that the Force Unleashed project was postponned from 2007. If it had come out as planned then sure, perhaps carding the Apprentice would have been okay, but with The Clone Wars cartoon and toy-line on the horizon. Hasbro has a very small window with which to strike with Force Unleashed merchandise. If we didn't get the Jedi Knight version of the apprentice now, there's a chance we'd never get him.

Also, think about it - there's no way that the Sith Lord outcome will be the canon ending that is presented in the comics and the book. Clearly the Sith Lord outcome is as a result of either killing Vader or helping Vader kill the Emperor or even possibly killing them both - and since the game pre-dates ANH, we all know that doesn't happen.

What IS more likely is that the love between Juno and the Apprentice pushes him to the light-side, he squares off against Vader and is put into a situation where he ends up dead or in hiding. In fact almost as a tongue-in-cheek type result, I could see them working something into the game where Vader is almost like "damn, I wish I hadn't killed Padme, she could have birthed a son who could have been my apprentice and surely my son wouldn't have turned on me! blah blah blah..."

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!