Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159343 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #390 on: March 7, 2008, 10:27 AM »
And CHEWIE, thanks for the trade offer, but when I find both sets I've decided I'll keep all the figures. The Jedi are good enough to keep, and I'll just throw the Mando in somewhere on my shelf.

No worries, Mandalore is a really good figure in person I think... you might end up really liking him!   :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 7, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Anyone catch this?

Boba's missing chest logo is sculpted onto the handle of his pistol. WTF?! :o

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 8, 2008, 09:29 AM »
All I noticed is that I had to make the hole bigger in my Boba's holster in order to get the gun in there. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 8, 2008, 06:38 PM »
And CHEWIE, thanks for the trade offer, but when I find both sets I've decided I'll keep all the figures. The Jedi are good enough to keep, and I'll just throw the Mando in somewhere on my shelf.

No worries, Mandalore is a really good figure in person I think... you might end up really liking him!   :)

You're right. I found all four new sets today, finally, and picked up Fett and Jedi. I've only opened the Fett set so far but the figures rule. I was also impressed with the Sith and TFU sets. I planned on getting the TFU set eventually, but the Sith set I might just get solely for the Maul. I like the headsculpt, does anyone know if it'll fit on the Maul from the original Sith Evolutions set?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #394 on: March 8, 2008, 06:58 PM »
It won't fit.   :(   I think the real reason, for me anyways, to buy the Sith set is Nihlus. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 8, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Anyone catch this?

Boba's missing chest logo is sculpted onto the handle of his pistol. WTF?! :o

That's queer.  The pistol in my set is black.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 8, 2008, 09:28 PM »
That's queer.  The pistol in my set is black.

Mine's black too. That's a really close shot with the plastic completely drowned in flash.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 9, 2008, 12:05 AM »
I got the Fett today as well and all three are winners in my book. Mandalore is much better in person that I had thought he'd be. Jango and Boba are awesome.  :D
Only real question I have is what's up with Boba's coloring? It's a paler green and his wrist gauntlets are pale green too instead of red like on the legends and my VOTC one. Plus he has a holster on the back of his right leg for that little jango style blaster (haven't checked to see that logo) and the back of Boba's helmet has black on it. But the articulation on both Jango and Boba is far better than any before. Plus their helmets come off and Boba has the head cap thingy like the y-wing pilot does.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 9, 2008, 12:40 AM »
I have two Fett Legacy Evo sets and noticed a running change on the package.  My earlier one has a sticker under Fett designating that he is from Empire Strikes Back.  The later one I have just has ESB printed instead of the sticker.   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 9, 2008, 12:57 AM »
Only real question I have is what's up with Boba's coloring? It's a paler green and his wrist gauntlets are pale green too instead of red like on the legends and my VOTC one. Plus he has a holster on the back of his right leg for that little jango style blaster (haven't checked to see that logo) and the back of Boba's helmet has black on it. But the articulation on both Jango and Boba is far better than any before. Plus their helmets come off and Boba has the head cap thingy like the y-wing pilot does.

The Evolutions Boba Fett is supposed to be a TESB version.  The VOTC version was his ROTJ costume.  As for the white skull cap, that was part of the original Boba Fett costume.  If you look for some behind the scenes images of Jeremy Bulloch on the set of ROTJ, you'll see that he has that white skull cap on while in costume.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 9, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I have two Fett Legacy Evo sets and noticed a running change on the package.  My earlier one has a sticker under Fett designating that he is from Empire Strikes Back.  The later one I have just has ESB printed instead of the sticker.   ???

I had one with the sticker too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 9, 2008, 04:34 PM »

The Evolutions Boba Fett is supposed to be a TESB version.  The VOTC version was his ROTJ costume.  As for the white skull cap, that was part of the original Boba Fett costume.  If you look for some behind the scenes images of Jeremy Bulloch on the set of ROTJ, you'll see that he has that white skull cap on while in costume.

thanks niklab, that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. That makes sense to me though. I haven't seen those behind the scenes photos of JB in boba outfit without the helmet. I just checked the box - my son wanted to keep it, and it does say for Boba - ESB directly printed on the package.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 9, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Um, no.  The staff goes with the Mandalore, along with the shield and ax.

The only accessories that come with the Sith set are the lightsabers for each Sith Lord plus the orbalisk armor pieces for Darth Bane.

Gotten two of each set... the staff is definitely Mandalore's.

A week and a half later... thanks gentlemen.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2008, 11:20 AM »

You're right. I found all four new sets today, finally, and picked up Fett and Jedi. I've only opened the Fett set so far but the figures rule. I was also impressed with the Sith and TFU sets. I planned on getting the TFU set eventually, but the Sith set I might just get solely for the Maul. I like the headsculpt, does anyone know if it'll fit on the Maul from the original Sith Evolutions set?

I think I'm going to get another set of the Sith, but really don't need the Maul... I'll shoot to you a PM if I get another set to see if you want him.  But the head doesn't fit on the other Maul, like Anton said.  It might be able to fit though with some epoxy or something.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:44 PM by Jeff »