Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159832 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #495 on: May 5, 2008, 10:56 PM »
If this was what was in the first set, I don't think I'd be complaining at all.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #496 on: May 6, 2008, 12:09 AM »
I must be in the minority that really didn't care for Tycho's enormous hat, then....

The only thing is that Tycho's hat is just for his briefing look and the helmet's for his flight look so it's as though Hasbro actually gave you the best of both worlds...  The hat was almost a secondary accessory to me then.  I'm thinking of giving them to some future customs just to get the pile of them into the hands of someone who can use them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 6, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I must be in the minority that really didn't care for Tycho's enormous hat, then....

Me either but at least his is removable.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2008, 04:03 PM »
the female Twi'lek pilot looks cool
i will buy that set for her

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04 PM »

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:04 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 12, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Well I wasn't gonna believe the red B-Wing pilot until I saw him, but YAY! close enough I guess.

Wonder if Biggs's body isn't just a Death Star Gunner...pictures aren't clear enough to tell. I don't need the clone pilots (though that is certainly an upgrade from the POTF2-styled ROTS pilot...just wish they would have tagged him as "Oddball") so I probably won't be picking this set up, but Biggs as an all-new sculpt would be enticing.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 12, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Wow! That set looks nice. I'd never thought they'd do a Biggs in his TIE Fighter outfit. Is the AOTC pilot supposed to be the ARC Pilot from the CW series? Cool if it is, although he's missing the rangefinder.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2008, 09:56 PM »
It looks like it may be the open-faced helmet on Biggs, and on that end I'm disappointed, but otherwise it's nice and I'm hoping we get this pilot with the full-face helmet at some point in the basic line.  I'll army build that thing till I'm nauseus.

The Clone Pilot...  Eh whatever on the AOTC style one...  It's different so I'll take 'em, but the ROTS one is OUTSTANDING looking.  :)  And doesn't smash the original to the point that you won't want the army you've already got...  This is a good set.

The next Rebel pilot set looks great too from what you can see there, and I really do hope Evolutions are more heavily stocked.  The other sets were a bitch to find here, the 2005 sets were a bitch to find, and I've simply been disappointed at the distribution of these overall.  May be something I need to pre-order this year online and hope my order goes through.

I know I only saw the Sith and FU set 2 times total and bought them both times I saw them...  That's some crummy distribution there, so I hope the new sets in new boxes get better distribution than that.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #503 on: June 12, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Hmmm... I like this set for the most part. Biggs and the ROTS Pilot are great but I'm not that thrilled with the ARC-170 Elite Squad-esque Pilot. I would have preferred a V-Wing pilot. Oh well, it'll round out that TAC battle pack nicely.

I didn't follow the comics, but was Biggs' face able to be seen through the helmet like that? I think in the Legacy comics, the TIE Predator pilots have more of an open face design. Maybe this tooling will be used down the road for those.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:47 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Yeah, Biggs and his squad mates had the open-faced helmets so you could tell who was speaking dialogue, etc.  It's lame to me though.   :-\

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2008, 10:45 PM »
I am so, SO glad they're updating the ROTS Pilot. I never thought they'd get around to that so soon. I personally hate the one from the ROTS line with a burning passion. >:(

Other than that, nothing overly exciting here. Heck, I'd say the most exciting thing here is the red human B-Wing Pilot being confirmed. :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2008, 12:13 AM »
I didn't follow the comics, but was Biggs' face able to be seen through the helmet like that? I think in the Legacy comics, the TIE Predator pilots have more of an open face design. Maybe this tooling will be used down the road for those.

The clear faceplate shows up in those comics as well as DK's THE COMPLETE CROSS SECTIONS.  The TIE Bomber pilot has the clear faceplate in that artwork.

Pretty cool selections for the Clones.  It's nice to see that ARC Pilot from the space whale Gunship get made.  And the ROTS Pilot with removable helmet is very welcome, too.  Biggs is just gravy to me.

I'd definitely be into getting a second Imperial Pilots set.  Maybe a V-Wing pilot, black squadron pilot w/ helmet markings and maybe Han Solo as an Imperial Pilot.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Wasn't quite expecting that. For the most part, they look great, but I'm disappointed with the open face Biggs helmet. The best part is, I'm not going to need to army build this set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Looks like a pretty nice set, and the confirmation of the red suited B-Wing pilot is great as well.  The Evolutions line has pretty much been a home run thus far in my eyes, and like Jesse, I'd like to see the distribution on these improve a bit.  Heck, with the prices of the basic/comic pack lines, if these stay at $19.99, they're a decent deal as well.  Hopefully this line will continue into 2009 as well.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Well I wasn't gonna believe the red B-Wing pilot until I saw him, but YAY! close enough I guess.

Wonder if Biggs's body isn't just a Death Star Gunner...pictures aren't clear enough to tell. I don't need the clone pilots (though that is certainly an upgrade from the POTF2-styled ROTS pilot...just wish they would have tagged him as "Oddball") so I probably won't be picking this set up, but Biggs as an all-new sculpt would be enticing.

I'm actually pretty cool with this set. I'll prolly get two sets in fact. (Need two pilots for the Shark Gunship). I'll be glad to have the removable helmet ROTS Pilot. That was a custom I had wanted to do for a long time now and Hasbro has saved me that trouble. AND I've actually wanted that Biggs TIE Pilot. By the looks of it, the "visor" is up (or retracted) on his helmet so you can see his face. That's only mildy disappointing if that's the case. (But true to the comic)

Since I'll be buying two of that set, I may be trading/selling the extra Biggs. So if anyone is interested, LMK. Muftak, since you mention liking the Biggs fig, if you want first dibs on the extra one I'll have, post here and/or PM me.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010